Search FAQ

Login | Register

All times are UTC [ DST ]

It is currently 20 May 2019

Just Passing Through
 Post subject: Silent hill Move book.

Missing since: 30 Apr 2006
Notes left: 5
Is there going to be a Move Adaptation novel? like most movies to come out theres a book that goes with it like the movie.. in book form

Gravedigger
 Post subject:

Missing since: 06 Mar 2005
Notes left: 537
Last seen at: Somewhere?
Wouldn't doubt it. Heh, hope they don't pick a slack-ass writer. They will.

Not like it'd be hard though - not many jumping scares. Mainly ambience. For a lot of authors though, that is a difficult thing to capture...

Just Passing Through
 Post subject:

Missing since: 30 Apr 2006
Notes left: 5
anyone?

Post subject:

Missing since: 15 Apr 2004
Notes left: 11052
Last seen at: In the anals of forum history
It might happen, it might not. You never know about movie adaptations until you see them in a store. Oftentimes, major chains don't even stock them, exceptions being major summer blockbusters.

Post subject:

...perhaps they're going to make a game based on the movie XD

Post subject:

Malicious wrote:
that wouldn't be as unlikley as you'd think.. what with the remake thats supposd to be coming out.

Post subject:

Missing since: 15 Apr 2004
Notes left: 11052
Last seen at: In the anals of forum history
God, I hope that doesn't happen. I refuse to believe they'd fuck up the carefully-constructed continuity for a cash-in.

Gravedigger
 Post subject:

Missing since: 27 Mar 2006
Notes left: 477
does seem stupid to make a game based on a movie based on a game its just gonna be the movie as agame wich will be almost the same as that game that the movie was based on.....yeah i know WTF?

Just Passing Through
 Post subject:

Missing since: 31 May 2006
Notes left: 53
Last seen at: Europe
Malicious wrote:

I don't think so.... :) The movie based on a game, so it will be dtupid, if they make new game about the same things...

"Diane, it struck me again earlier this morning. There are two things that continue to trouble me, and I'm speaking now not only as an agent of the Bureau, but also as a human being. What really went on between Marilyn Monroe and the Kennedys? And who really pulled the trigger on JFK?"

My Bestsellers Clerk
 Post subject:

Missing since: 09 Apr 2006
Notes left: 330
Last seen at: Monkey Island
Personally I'd appreciate a making of/screenplay book more than a novelisation.

I mean, you'd be able to read the original script and look at all the concept art and see how they did the make-up and everything.

Just Passing Through
 Post subject:

Missing since: 08 Mar 2006
Notes left: 138
Last seen at: Surrey, England
I'll write it! It'll be well good!

[EDIT: I have just realised that this is NOT the Spoiler Forum and as the following skit does contain some spoilers you should be warned if you haven't seen the movie yet.]

Once upon a time Rose Notharry saw that her daughter was standing on a cliff and ran to save her. Her daughter was called Cheryl. I mean, Sharon.
"Silent Hill!" said Sharon, as Rose Notharry cradled her in her arms.
"Did you say...'Silent Hill'?!" screamed Rose Notharry.
Luckily, Sean Bean was passing by.
"I know," said Rose Notharry. "Let's take her to Silent Hill."
"Sod that for a game of soldiers," said Sean Bean. "First let's decide what accent I'm supposed to be doing."
"Meow," said Ch...Sharon.

The next day Rose Notharry took Charon to Silent Hill when Sean Bean wasn't looking.
"Meow," said Charon.
"Oh no, there's a strange figure standing in the middle of the road! The car's skidding! Oh no! Everything's gone black! Argh!" said Rose Notharry.
"You forgot about me," said Cybil.

Luckily, Cybil the policewoman was around to help Rose Notharry.
"Here I am," said Cybil.
"Weren't you supposed to crash before us?" said Rose Notharry.
"I was, yeah, but it took me ages to get on my leather trousers so I was a bit late," replied Cybil. They kissed passionately for a bit because they both have short hair and are therefore obviously gayers.

Meanwhile, Sean Bean was trying to find his accent. I mean, his wife. Who was Rose Notharry.
He comes across a police officer guy person.
"Hallo police officer guy person," he says to the police officer guy person. "Have you seen Rose Notharry?"
"Nope," replied the police officer guy person.
"Oh," said Sean Bean, and scowled slightly in the way that only Sean Bean can do. And always does. In every single bloody thing he's in.

Meanwhile, Cybil and Rose Notharry took a break from snogging each other.
"Hey, where did Cheron go?!" asked Rose Notharry.
"Sod knows," said Cybil. "Oh look there's a weird monster thing vomiting acid on us."
"Oh yes," replied Rose Notharry. "So there is."
"Don't worry," said Cybil, "I've shot it now. It won't come back."
"But the film's two hours long!" wailed Rose Notharry. "Surely one of those creatures (of which there are hundreds) must come back at some point!"
"Nah."
They wander about the town a bit. It's all grey and nasty looking and full of smoke effect.

Meanwhile, Sean Bean and the police officer guy are also wandering the town a bit. But they somehow managed to find a cinematographer without a foggy lens so everything looks nicer for them.
"I used to make good films, you know," said Sean Bean.
"Whatever," replied the police officer guy.

Back in the fogged up town Rose Notharry has followed Cheryn to a school. Suddenly an eerie and mysterious World War 2 siren hauntingly sounds.
"I wonder what that eerie and mysterious World War 2 siren which is hauntingly sounding is coming from!" wonders Rose Notharry.
"Oh it's from the church round the corner," replies Cybil, pouring talcum powder down her leather trousers. "The ghostly cult living here sound it whenever the world goes wibbly."
"To be honest," replies Rose Notharry, "suddenly the mysteriousness has gone from the previously eerie and mysterious World War 2 siren."
"Well that's how it works," Cybil replies, with a smile.
"Hey look, everything's changed suddenly!" cries Rose Notharry.
"Yeah," exclaims Cybil. "All the walls are rusty and wibbly."
"Well I was talking about the tense, but that too," says Rose.
"Oh look, there's a man with a pyramid for his head," says Cybil.
"You could almost call him...Man With Pyramid On His Head," says Rose.
"What's he doing here, though?" says Cybil. "I thought the brilliance of the character was that he was a physical representation of James 'Silent Hill 2' Sutherland's guilt manifested as an old style town executor to taunt him until he admits the truth of his wrongdoings to himself?"
"Yeah," replied Rose Notharry, "but he also looks SuperCool, so why not have him here?"
"Doubt the makers would be happy about that."
"Oh, it's no sweat. We'll just pay off Akira Yamaoka at the same time we're removing his credit for writing all the music featured in the game and instead attributing it to a Hollywood hack. He won't mind."

"Behold!" cries Man With Pyramid On His Head. "I am Man With Pyramid On His Head!"
"And I'm Colin," says Colin.
"I told you not to practise yoga on a barbed wire fence, Colin," scolded Rose Notharry.
"Bah," says Colin, "it allows me to do...THIS!" He demonstrates a weird thing he can do with his tongue.
"Urgh, what's wrong with your tongue?" asks Cybil.
"Nothing!" replies Colin, looking slightly hurt. "That's what it's supposed to do."
"Behold!" cries Man With Pyramid On His Head again, frightened of being upstaged. "I can do...knife tricks!" His whirls the knife around his head and it gets stuck in a wall.
"Careful," says Rose Notharry. "You could have someone's eye out with that thing."
"Urm...urr...behold!" cries Man With Pyramid On His Head. "See how muscley my arms are...all the better for ripping the skin off passing extras!"
"Oi, I'm not an extra," complains Anna. "Give me back my skin!"
"Shan't," says Man With Pyramid On His Head.
"What's with the bugs?" asks Cybil.
"Urm...I'm not entirely sure," replies Man With Pyramid On His Head. "Sorry urm...have you seen anyone around called James Sutherland?"
The women both shake their heads.
"Sod this for a game of soldiers," mutters Man With Pyramid On His Head. "Bye then."
"He was nice, wasn't he?" says Rose Notharry.
"Yeah, he was well lovely," replies Cybil.
"Oh dear!" says Rose Notharry. "Look, that weird ghostly cult have appeared."
"Oh dear," says Cybil. "The film gets really shit from here."
"No it doesn't!" retorts Rose Notharry. "There's that really cool bit with the nurses."
"Well..." muses Cybil. "It's...QUITE cool, I guess."
"No," insists Rose Notharry. "It's VERY cool."
"I'm not convinced," says Cybil. "Nor with the Carrie-esque ending."
"You're rubbish," says Rose Notharry. "I'd shoot you if I could."
"Not in the movie, sweetie, not in the movie. Anyhoo, I have a barbeque to prepare for. Tara!"

Meanwhile Sean Bean was still doing boring stuff.
"I hate my life," he says, scowling slightly.

Who wants to preorder the paperback?

Just Passing Through
 Post subject:

Missing since: 02 Jun 2006
Notes left: 112
Last seen at: In my pants
That was a work of fuggin' literary genius!!
I'll buy 200 copies!!

SHH Cult Subscriber
SHH Cult Subscriber
 Post subject:

Missing since: 16 Sep 2003
Notes left: 867
Last seen at: here
oh crap! that was fuckin' brilliant! a hundred times better than anything they'd actually print. yes. yes. sign me up for a hundred as well. do you take pay pal? ah, hell, nevermind. i just paid you 100 SH Cash. fuckin' brilliant!

My Bestsellers Clerk
 Post subject:

Missing since: 09 Apr 2006
Notes left: 330
Last seen at: Monkey Island
Lol

Poor Sean Bean.

I'm loving Rose Notharry.