Search FAQ

Login | Register

All times are UTC [ DST ]

It is currently 23 Apr 2019

Historical Society Historian
 Post subject: A Theoretical Full-CGI Silent Hill movie?

Missing since: 02 May 2006
Notes left: 1937

*Original artwork by Yours Truly. Also viewable with less pixellation at http://marvindmartian.deviantart.com/

Ok, we've seen the film and I just wondered... what if they were to come up with a full-CGI film for Silent Hill a la Final Fantasy: Spirits Within or Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children? What would you like to see put in it? Storyline-wise? character-wise? Or would you like to see a continuation of the current movie? To wit: what would you have put in it if you were making one?

Last edited by Phantom Allure on 08 May 2006, edited 2 times in total.

Hope House Careworker
 Post subject:

Missing since: 06 Dec 2003
Notes left: 734
Hm, I don't know. Now that a movie with live actors exist, I'm having a hard time imagine a full-CGI SH movie a la Advent Children or Spirits Within. One good thing though, at least the characters would look like they did in the games. But otherwise... meh.

A fan on another forum (Not a SH-related one though) was bashing the movie without even seeing it and said that he wanted the movie made with CGI. That's not all, he wanted it to run on the same graphics engine as the first Silent Hill. That made me laugh.

Post subject:

Well, with CGI they could do a lot more since they wouldn't be restrained by the physical limitations of real actors... Probably get better acting too for the viewers who complain some of the acting was terrible (although if the result ends up being like Spirits Within, I think I'd pass :D ). But you know, they could pull off a lot more effects that won't look as decidedly fake as when live footage and CGI is juxtaposed.

If they should come up with a fully-CGI feature, I'd want a new storyline... no rehashing of the existing plots. New monsters too like the Janitor... suppose they come up ith a freakishly gigantic boss with a disturbingly funny walk! :mrgreen:

Maybe they could have WETA digital onboard the project as well... I love what they did with the giant leeches in King Kong. Square does a smashing job with anime-quality human CG's but I personally think they suck big-time in writing plots for full-length movies.

Post subject:

Ah this reminds me, some guy did attempt to make a Silen Hill movie in full CGI I saw him on gamefaqs but I forget the link. Maybe someone knows what I'm talking about?

Post subject:

amphreded wrote:
I'd love to see the movie that's all CG-based and done by Team Silent themselves.
I wish...

Also, I'm moving this to general movie section.

Depends on the voice acting. While I enjoy the in-game movies, I doubt they'd be recieved well by movie critics. They'd have to step it up a bit if they wanted to make a whole 1:30-2:00 long CGI video.

Gravedigger
 Post subject:

Missing since: 07 Aug 2005
Notes left: 521
MagnRevolver wrote:
Ah this reminds me, some guy did attempt to make a Silen Hill movie in full CGI I saw him on gamefaqs but I forget the link. Maybe someone knows what I'm talking about?

someone did his own like series. it was 6 parts

silent hill: no escape

shoul check it out. its a good watch. although the ending is abit kinda shit lol. more like doom. but anyway

everything before that is good silent hill i think lol

Post subject:

ravern wrote:
MagnRevolver wrote:

someone did his own like series. it was 6 parts

silent hill: no escape

shoul check it out. its a good watch. although the ending is abit kinda shit lol. more like doom. but anyway

everything before that is good silent hill i think lol

link?

Gravedigger
 Post subject:

http://www.noescape.rateofinjury.com/main.htm

Just Passing Through
 Post subject:

Missing since: 06 May 2006
Notes left: 22
I think CGI looks just too good for Silent Hill (even the movie doesn't use that much CGI, the monsters are just latex and makeup), it's the raw look that perhaps makes SH as creepy an experience as it is. Maybe CGI could work, but there's nothing scarier than reality.

Gravedigger
 Post subject:

i prefer all the real type graphics. latex and stuff.

i loved the stuff they did on the thing remake lol i thought they were cool

these days its just full of cgi and they look even fake than the ones from the thing lol

but cgi could be fun as i still enjoy looking at cgi stuff. because i admire the work that gone on behind it

Post subject:

WalkingGuy33 wrote:
I think CGI looks just too good for Silent Hill (even the movie doesn't use that much CGI, the monsters are just latex and makeup), it's the raw look that perhaps makes SH as creepy an experience as it is. Maybe CGI could work, but there's nothing scarier than reality.

I kind of disliked the scene with the roaches.... mixing live footage with CGI somehow always looks a bit off... WETA did fine with Gollum in LOTR though.

Gravedigger
 Post subject:

even then the gollum i never liked because it was cgi. u could still tell it was cgi.

Post subject:

Missing since: 20 Jul 2005
Notes left: 3898
Moving this back to spoilerific section according to the topic creator's request.

Just Passing Through
 Post subject:

Missing since: 05 May 2006
Notes left: 13
Last seen at: Rowing to the rebirth island
A full Silent Hill movie done in CGI might be cool wether it's a new plot or not. They would need to be extremely carefull to not let it end up looking fake. The minute you have to start using to much of your imagination to pretend the CGI looks real.......thats where I'm done!!!!

The special effect makeup that was used in the movie was outstanding. Even the scenes where they mixed CGI and special effect makeup together was exceptionally done.

And I fully agree with you WalkingGuy33!

Cafe5to2 Waitress
 Post subject:

Missing since: 06 Sep 2004
Notes left: 251
Last seen at: NYC07
What's up with Spawn being in this?

Post subject:

Spawn? :?:

Brookhaven Receptionist
 Post subject:

Missing since: 05 Feb 2005
Notes left: 772
Last seen at: On The Internet
In the "No Escape" movie. The big demon that follows him everywhere. He looks just like Spawn with a burlap sack over his head. What a ripoff.

Post subject:

maniJAMEStation wrote:
A full Silent Hill movie done in CGI might be cool wether it's a new plot or not. They would need to be extremely carefull to not let it end up looking fake. The minute you have to start using to much of your imagination to pretend the CGI looks real.......thats where I'm done!!!!

The special effect makeup that was used in the movie was outstanding. Even the scenes where they mixed CGI and special effect makeup together was exceptionally done.

And I fully agree with you WalkingGuy33!

The final massacre scene was kind of hastily excuted IMO though... even the shot where Christabella gets strung up on the barb wire looks somewhat unconvincing... (special mention goes to the "Look, I'm burning" scene). As for the question of the "grittiness" factor... it doesn't have to be as polished as Advent Children. I also agree that the graininess does add to the impact.

Come on people... don't you have an opinion what you would like put into the movie if you're the one who's making it?

Last edited by Phantom Allure on 08 May 2006, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:

The gritty effects you get will real makeup and effects is something that CGI has trouble duplicating. When you see the characters touching or interacting with the monsters the more frightening it becomes, there's value you there. One would think that the actor(ess) would better understand the amount of fear they are supposed to convey. I wouldn't want a theatrical released CGI, Team Silent/Konami would just lose a boatload of money, if they make it and send it straight to DVD/UMD it would sell very well.

Just Passing Through
 Post subject:

Missing since: 03 May 2006
Notes left: 142
Couple ideas:
1) How about they just take the exact cutscenes from the games (SH2 for example) and just cut out all of the game play.... make a good 20 minute movie.
2) A CGI movie entirely of gameplay
3) A new story line, maybe a cameo to link it or something
I like the straight to DVD idea, and personally i like the look of cutscene, stuff doesnt have to look real to be scary (I think that the SH2 intro wouldnt have been as cool if it had REAl people). Then again CYBIL WAS HOTT! so maybe not cgi as long as they get cybil again.
[spoiler]Im going to tell you that this is a joke upfront[/spoiler]
Lets have a new storyline about Cybil, the entire movie could be in CGI EXCEPT her, she would spend the whole time recording on a green screen, blindly shooting at stuff and they could make a movie around that (Starwars prequels when they dodge energy shots).... and then she could stare into the camera at random times and say catchy phrases like, "Don't, Lose your head" or "Thats what i call a, bad Hare day" HAHAHAHAHAHA those always crack me up, so tell me what you think