Search FAQ

Login | Register

All times are UTC [ DST ]

It is currently 29 Oct 2020

Post subject: James created his own personal hell

Ok, so people have probably figured this out, but i decided to share my ideas with you :)

James...he is the only one who can see these demons...because they are all in his mind......he created the demons...his punishable sins have manifested.....mary as maria and himself and pyramid head. So when he is not in crazy silent hill hell version of the city...the manifestations are still in his head, but when he goes into hell town mode...the manifestations become reality....can someone please give more info?

Post subject:

I thought that James creating the monsters was a pretty well accepted fact. THe only thing left up in the air is whether or not the monsters have a corporal form or if they are only inside Jame's head.

Post subject:

is it widley known that james created those demons? sorry lol...i havent discussed silent hill before on a forum.....so do you think the demons are in his head? because they cause damage to him when he gets attacked...but no body else can see them...kinda unsure myself

Post subject:

Tayl0r wrote:
is it widley known that james created those demons? sorry lol...i havent discussed silent hill before on a forum.....so do you think the demons are in his head? because they cause damage to him when he gets attacked...but no body else can see them...kinda unsure myself
I'm no expert either. there are a ton of people on this site who know a TON more than me.

Post subject:

Utah Jak wrote:
Tayl0r wrote:
I'm no expert either. there are a ton of people on this site who know a TON more than me.

I'm NOT one of those people, so I won't try to go into any great depth on the subject. However, here are my thoughts.

Most of the monsters are manifestations of Mary's subconscious. A few are James, including Pyramid Head (I know this is a contentious subject, but this is what I think). The reason they can hurt James is because it's his and Mary's subconscious punishing him. His psychological demons are made flesh, probably because of his being in Silent Hill itself. No-one else can see them because they are HIS demons. Angela & Eddie have altogether different inner-turmoils, so they see what their mind constructs.

Anyway, that's my input. I'll now wait for someone to come & prove me wrong.

Post subject:

you layed it fown nice and simple there :o

Historical Society Historian
 Post subject:

Missing since: 27 Aug 2003
Notes left: 12943
Last seen at: The Wand'ring Wood
Interesting fact: NOT is TON backwards.

I think they exist. If they can kill you, they exist. I've never heard of a person's mental demons physically wounding them (where the person wasn't hallucinating and self-inflicting said wounds), so I'm inclined to believe that the monsters were made real. By whom, though? Saying the town makes it sound ominous and silly, but I think we're all in agreement that Silent Hill is a pretty fucked up place to be. I'm hesitant to say that the God did it, because people will argue that there was no direct presence of the God in SH2. I'm guessing you can buy into the belief that after the fiasco with Alessa and Harry years prior, there are three different versions of Silent Hill floatin' around in the universe. A regular resort town, a foggy, deserted dream-like place, and the pitchblack nightmare.

The foggy version is obvious, it's your default setting for Silent Hill in all these games, and the nightmare one varies drastically depending on the characters and their subconsciousness. For example, I believe Angela's absolute nightmare was being confronted with her father, again, in quite possibly a representation of the very same room in which she killed him. Having to relieve any moment, even if it was a fabrication, with her father still alive was frightening enough for her. Eddie's "nightmare" seems to manifest itself more and more as the game progresses, gradually coming down instead of happening all at once. The more doubt you have of him and all those corpses laying around near him, the more disturbed he becomes until finally it flows over in the meat locker (which, if you think about it, can represent how Eddie feels displayed to the "mercy" of the public. People see him as a fat, meek, stupid young man and people can be like fucking vultures if you're all of those things combined. Eddie's stated that people have verbally abused him consistently, so I think it's a safe assumption to make saying that he feels like this giant slab of meat impaled on a hook ready to be torn apart by bloody savages).

Anyway.. that was a tangent. Since the town is broken into these three parts--two of them immersed with the "surreal" while the first version of the town only hears about strange or weird stuff now and again--it's evident that what one person sees, another may take no notice of. There's notes about this throughout the game, describing the "other side" and monsters only one person can see. This of course doesn't make the argument for mental demons nor does it either support manifested monsters, but it can be argued that your mind acts as a blueprint and Silent Hill brings it to life.

Post subject:

In one of the Games, i remember some kind of Cult playing a part, is it possible they are responsible for bringing your subconcious demons into the "nightmare world" or are they responsible for the creation of the nightmare world?.....that brings me the question...what ever happend to the town of silent hill, what happend to the holiday resort which split it into 3 places? or are these places again created by the subconciousmind? or are you "thinking" you are in a plcae because of this "cult"....please explain before my mind explodes...ok im goin to work now :twisted:

Post subject:

It's hard to say. Were the different realities always there, and the cult just found a way to let them spill over? Or did Alessa create it during her comatose state as a means to protect herself, and it just spiraled out of her control? It's based more on what you personally want to think than what exists as concrete evidence. I'd say that the realities already existed, and the cult established contact with them.

Post subject:

Bingo.

Post subject:

Miss Krissy wrote:
It's hard to say. Were the different realities always there, and the cult just found a way to let them spill over? Or did Alessa create it during her comatose state as a means to protect herself, and it just spiraled out of her control? It's based more on what you personally want to think than what exists as concrete evidence. I'd say that the realities already existed, and the cult established contact with them.
That is something I've always wondered. Did Alessa have any role? I don't think she played a direct role. Even if she played a role it was probably just spill over from the first incident...

Post subject:

http://silenthillforum.com/viewtopic.php?p=10298#10298 I recommend that you read Adversary's and F's posts in that thread to get a better idea. It's unlikely that Alessa had anything to do with James' experience with the town because neither knew the other existed or had anything to do with each other.

Post subject:

This is quite complicated, but it is intreguing none the less...i am very interestd, i doubt i will grasp it anytime soon.....i think that the diffrent levels of this town have always been there...and the cult got into contact with them, but i also think this cult could contact the different layers of any town if they tried.

Post subject:

Missing since: 15 Jan 2005
Notes left: 7376
Last seen at: Couldn't tell you even if I tired
^well,yeah,of course James tortured himself in his puishmental personal hell.That is the whole game.

World Toilet Organization
I'm like a circle, I'M TOO GOOD FOR CORNERS!!!

Post subject:

Miss Krissy wrote:
http://silenthillforum.com/viewtopic.php?p=10298#10298 I recommend that you read Adversary's and F's posts in that thread to get a better idea. It's unlikely that Alessa had anything to do with James' experience with the town because neither knew the other existed or had anything to do with each other.

Which is curious and illuminates that the town itself must have some sort of "pull" for those with a guilty conscience. This has been indicated in some of the documentation I've been reading - that the town, before it was settled, was Native American holy ground. In the events that followed (being populated, plagues, prisons, and the formation of the cult) the inherent power was twisted.

So James was drawn there to come clean.

It would be kinda cool to see the resort town in "normal" mode, with the inhabitants, just once. As to whether or not the monsters were real, my question to that would be, "normal" town must exist in the same time and space as foggy/nightmare town... right? Same deal with the monsters.

Post subject:

I think that James see them, because it's it on his own mind. The nightmare and the darkness are into him, and that's because he can see it.

He is searching for the dead mary, right ? ;)

Just Passing Through
 Post subject:

Missing since: 24 Dec 2005
Notes left: 85
James himself is his greatest enemy I guess.. ;)

[spoiler]http://www.psxzone.opalnet.pl/Podstrony/Silent_Hill/sh2_data/hidden15.jpg[/spoiler]

Or the whole game could be the last thoughts.. ;)

[spoiler]http://www.psxzone.opalnet.pl/Podstrony/Silent_Hill/sh2_data/hidden10.jpg[/spoiler]

Nothing new, huh?

Post subject:

Team Silent state the body in the chair is an image from Jame's mind(he's been suicidal since the day before after killing her, anyone would be)...Note that the victim appears the same time James gets his gun.

For what it's worth, all the characters can see eachother's monsters, they just look different to eachother. Your mind is physically creating them, not creating the illusion of them.

PH and Maria seem to be the exception.

The notes on the town indicate that Silent Hill is a town where your thoughts are manifested as reality. They aren't really illusions, again, outside of PH and Maria, who were too close to James.

SHH Cult Subscriber
SHH Cult Subscriber
 Post subject:

Missing since: 05 Jan 2006
Notes left: 92
That's absolutely right.Those demons are manifestations of a woman to him.He messed up with his wife and he had hell commin to him.And Pyramid Head is sort of a manifestation of himself.

Post subject:

well, to say "hell coming to him" isn't accurate. This has nothing to do with Hell or any percieved deities, faiths, or greater powers that we know of. Silent Hill is more creative than that and has single-handedly wrewritten the way we see subjects like faith and the afterlife.

Also worth stating that no one is punishing James but himself. It's all your own heart, which is why I suspect Laura sees some sort of childish playland.