Search FAQ

Login | Register

All times are UTC [ DST ]

It is currently 17 Oct 2017

Post subject: The end boss

What is the creature that you stick the javlins into ? i always thought that it was the manifestation of the "mother", i never really gave it much thought untill now. any opinions ?

SHH Cult Subscriber
SHH Cult Subscriber
 Post subject:

Missing since: 02 May 2006
Notes left: 2703
Last seen at: UK
I just figured it was the mother manifestation aswell. As its towards the end of the 21 Sacrements. But i am not really sure. :roll:

Post subject:

yay :D im pretty sure it is, because i dont know what else it could unless its a god or demon of some sort :?

RESPECT
 Post subject:

Missing since: 19 Jul 2003
Notes left: 19398
Last seen at: #lfk
It's "Walter Sullivan's true form." The only instance that you see God is after the fight, during the 21 Sacraments ending: God is born as room 312.

. . . AND THAT'S THAT.

Post subject:

no way i cant believe that, it being the mother makes more sense, plus u put the umbilical cord into it, and doesnt it say something about returning a piece of the mother to herself or something ? :? and also explain the normal walter running around then ! :P

also i though that death contraption in the pool of blood was really unnecessary :!:

RESPECT
 Post subject:

>no way i cant believe that
Too bad. Don't double-post.

From the Crimson Tome:

If thou would stop the Descent of the Devil, you must bury part of the Conjurer's mother's flesh within the Conjurer's true body.

Thou must also pierce the Conjurer's flesh with the 8 spears...

So, yeah: Too bad.

>also explain the normal walter running around then !
That's not the normal Walter--that's the ghost-Walter you've encountered throughout the second half of the game.

. . . AND THAT'S THAT.

Just Passing Through
 Post subject:

Missing since: 26 Apr 2006
Notes left: 120
Last seen at: Nis, Serbia
Normal Walter.... :) :D

Post subject:

Basically, it's Walter's true physical form returning to his mother (that mother being room 302 - note the umbilical cords coming from it's body and going up to where you just jumped down from the room). It's basically Walter's body that you find hung up on the cross after being dragged into ghost Walter's makeshift womb. With the room becoming a manifestation of the god, it's not too suprising that Walter's body goes into some psychotic transformation, at least as far as Henry can see.

Post subject:

oh mooses ! its makes so much sense now, thanks for clearing that up St. Thomas ! i think i feel almost complete now, apart from 1 thing, which part in the 21 sacraments did walter complete by killing himself ? sorry im a bit poo on SH4 :oops:

RESPECT
 Post subject:

Walter killed himself ten years before Silent Hill 4 occurs--and a few months before Silent Hill 2. He's victim #11, after all.

. . . AND THAT'S THAT.

Post subject:

but what the role of the 11th victim according to the 21 sacraments?

RESPECT
 Post subject:

You could always look around for the answers--or play the game. It's thoroughly explained by Joseph & the texts Henry finds on his journey.

. . . AND THAT'S THAT.

Post subject:

ok i sure will ! :) i always thought Joseph was incredibly creepy, i wonder what the ideas around his apparence arte like, cheers st thomas

Post subject:

So you see the god in the bad ending? what does it look like?

RESPECT
 Post subject:

It looks like the fourth post in this topic.

. . . AND THAT'S THAT.

Post subject:

i always thought the bad ending, was simply young/inocent walter in the room, i cant remember a physical God present. or was there ? :shock:

Hope House Careworker
 Post subject:

Missing since: 21 Nov 2006
Notes left: 728
Last seen at: Oslo, Norway
Thanks for making this clear St Thomas, it was starting to bug me for a long time.

The only thing that buggs me now is that I never found out where Walter's mum was, he believes that the room is his mother. But unless I got something wrong she was killed in the room, I haven't played the game in a while and I played it over a long break period so I really have no clue about that. Please clarify for me :|

RESPECT
 Post subject:

>I never found out where Walter's mum was
Neither did Walter. Neither did anyone of us.

>unless I got something wrong she was killed in the room
Unlikely. The Mother and Father fled immediately after Walter's birth.

. . . AND THAT'S THAT.

Historical Society Historian
 Post subject:

Missing since: 29 Oct 2006
Notes left: 1910
Last seen at: Danvers Asylum
I was surprised to learn that the form at the end was Walter. I learned after I purchased the walkthrough. It even came with a picture of him (disturbing though lol)

ImageImageImage Thank you Harrys_Girl for the Drawing Block!
[I am currently permitted to display a larger avatar thanks to my status as a supporter of SHHF]

Woodside Apartments Janitor
 Post subject:

Missing since: 07 Nov 2006
Notes left: 1076
Last seen at: indiana, u.s. of a
heavensnightsh wrote:
I was surprised to learn that the form at the end was Walter. I learned after I purchased the walkthrough. It even came with a picture of him (disturbing though lol)

I could tell that the form was walter seeing as you had to insert the ambilical cord into it before you could stick the spears into it. I have to say that it took me quite some time to realize that I had to put the cord into it before I started sticking the spears in though...so long in fact that eileen had already stepped into the water before I put it in. poor, poor eileen.