Confusion about the god (spoilers)

Have you seen Harry's daughter anywhere? Short, dark hair?

Moderator: Moderators

KuroHebi
Just Passing Through

Confusion about the god (spoilers)

Post by KuroHebi »

I was watching twinperfectchannel's analysis of the first game on youtube, and they state that Harry kills the god then Alessa gives Harry the child (and that Alessa doesn't know that the god fetus is inside her reincarnation, which doesn't make sense to me). I thought that Alessa is dead once they use Aglaophotis on her. I've been looking all over this forum on the topics about this and just see contradicting arguments so I'm confused.

So what really happens? And if the Lady in White gives Harry the child is she doing this with good or bad intentions, does she or doesn't she know she's making sure the fetus stays alive. If Harry kill Dahlias version of god how is the Lady of White appearing after this?
AuraTwilight
Historical Society Historian

Re: Confusion about the god (spoilers)

Post by AuraTwilight »

Alessa is dead once the God is born. The glowing woman in the white dress is not Alessa, it's God. She gave the baby to Harry so that it would have another chance to be born.
[quote="BlackFire2"]I thought he meant the special powers of her vagina.[/quote]
KuroHebi
Just Passing Through

Post by KuroHebi »

Thank you
Bill_Idjerint
Just Passing Through

Post by Bill_Idjerint »

Harry kills the god then Alessa gives Harry the child (and that Alessa doesn't know that the god fetus is inside her reincarnation, which doesn't make sense to me)
As far as I know, the devil looking thing you kill is the Incubus and the woman in white the incubator, but only in the case of them being bosses on the game, which means that it could be that the woman in white that appear after you fight the Incubus is either Alessa or God, which doesn't make much sense since on SH3,
PRIME_BBCODE_SPOILER_SHOW PRIME_BBCODE_SPOILER:
there's the whole Alessa is both mother and daughter of God
so I don't know for sure. If she's those two things,
PRIME_BBCODE_SPOILER_SHOW PRIME_BBCODE_SPOILER:
she can give birth and be the offspring of God, but not be God
. Just a thought. Correct me if I'm wrong.
Trauma_
Gravedigger

Post by Trauma_ »

AuraTwilight wrote:Alessa is dead once the God is born. The glowing woman in the white dress is not Alessa, it's God. She gave the baby to Harry so that it would have another chance to be born.
HOLY SHIT! THANK YOU.... It took me forever to figure out why Heather was impregnated again but was too embarrased to just ask lulz.

But what about when Heather says
After the god was killed, the girl re-appeared. She was holding a baby in her arms...
in the car on the way to Silent Hill. Was she not referring to Alessa?
The Adversary
RESPECT

Post by The Adversary »

She only knows what Harry thought. Harry didn't have the luxury of going through the events forty times like us.
This post is the property of its author and is not to be used elsewhere without explicit permission from the author.

. . . AND THAT'S THAT.
Uyrikeustek
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by Uyrikeustek »

The Adversary wrote:She only knows what Harry thought. Harry didn't have the luxury of going through the events forty times like us.
And I think even after going through the events 40+ times, he still wouldn't get it. That's how our Harry is.
"What can be asserted without proof can be dismissed without proof." ~ Christopher Hitchens R.I.P.
SilentWren

Post by SilentWren »

What Aura said.
Why would Alessa have given Harry a pregnant-with-God daughter replacement, then try to kill Heather so much when she came back to Silent Hill in the 3rd game? See, it holds up. :D
The above user visits this forum *very infrequently.* If you need any type of response or answer from her, she may or may not be able to provide it in a timely manner.

Thank you for understanding. <3

http://silenthillforum.com/viewtopic.ph ... 28#p674128
Shacknasty
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by Shacknasty »

The lady in white being God theory has never been outright proven. It's only speculation because some people feel it "makes the most sense" when in reality both theories have bits that don't make sense. Given the scene in question and all the dialogue pertaining to those events in SH3 it's fairly obvious we're led to believe that girl in white was Alessa herself.

The whole "why did Alessa give Harry the baby when she knew yada yada yada" is nothing more than an oversight by the creators. You can't expect them to wrap up every single unanswered question.
Look for the ridiculous in everything and you will find it. - Jules Renard
Soulless-Shadow
Subway Guard

Post by Soulless-Shadow »

Shacknasty wrote:The lady in white being God theory has never been outright proven. It's only speculation because some people feel it "makes the most sense" when in reality both theories have bits that don't make sense. Given the scene in question and all the dialogue pertaining to those events in SH3 it's fairly obvious we're led to believe that girl in white was Alessa herself.
Harry, and the player, were supposed to think it was Alessa. That's not to say that it really was Alessa, just that we, like Harry, were tricked by the Woman in White/God. SH3's dialogue simply reflected what Harry thought was going on at the time. Obviously Harry was mistaken.
Shacknasty wrote:The whole "why did Alessa give Harry the baby when she knew yada yada yada" is nothing more than an oversight by the creators. You can't expect them to wrap up every single unanswered question.
That's one hell of an oversight, considering that Alessa's motivations throughout SH1 (and SH3) was to kill herself and the God before it was born. In fact, all her actions, right up until God is born (which is when Alessa dies), are to help her kill herself and prevent the birth of God. Hypothetically speaking, if it were an oversight on the creators behalf, then that's some pretty shitty writing; changing a characters actions and motivations so drastically and quickly, with no character development (to reflect said changes) at all. Wouldn't someone have picked up that such an ending wouldn't make sense, given what we see and learn about Alessa? After all, they would've had long enough to pick that up and add at least one little memo or something.
The Adversary
RESPECT

Post by The Adversary »

If it's just "an oversight," then we're allowed to believe everything could be "an oversight." We're then led to wonder exactly what is and is not an oversight throughout the entire series, and nothing the developers say, or write, can be taken as accurate because it, and every word of it, can simply be another "oversight."
This post is the property of its author and is not to be used elsewhere without explicit permission from the author.

. . . AND THAT'S THAT.
alone in the town

Post by alone in the town »

The lady in white being God theory has never been outright proven.

Now that we have that settled.
AuraTwilight

Post by AuraTwilight »

Can we just make that image a sticky thread of it's own and be done with it?
[quote="BlackFire2"]I thought he meant the special powers of her vagina.[/quote]
Shacknasty
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by Shacknasty »

Settled? It settles nothing. It only raises further questions when you think of SH3's scenario regarding constantly referring to that same girl as Alessa.
Look for the ridiculous in everything and you will find it. - Jules Renard
The Adversary
RESPECT

Post by The Adversary »

By "constantly" you mean "once," right? and what about Heather only reiterating what her clueless father had written are you not getting? Aside from the core concept, of course.

. . . AND THAT'S THAT.
alone in the town

If we choose to accept only what the unreliable and ignorant narrators tell us, there's confusion.

If we choose to accept the actual fact of the matter as spelled out above in plain translated English and accompanying photo as told to us by the people who know everything there is to know about this series because they actually made it, there's no confusion whatsoever.

The above is a list of forms of God. Incubator is included on this list, along with an explanation of why Incubator is included on this list.

What, precisely, is confusing about this?
Soulless-Shadow
Subway Guard

Post by Soulless-Shadow »

Shacknasty wrote:Settled? It settles nothing. It only raises further questions when you think of SH3's scenario regarding constantly referring to that same girl as Alessa.
This has already been mentioned numerous times, but I'll post it again. Heather is only repeating what she read in Harry's diary, and Harry didn't know shit. Harry was deceived. What he thought was happening, and what was really happening, are two completely different things. So, again, Harry is an unreliable source of information, and anything he says or writes shouldn't be taken seriously.
SilentWren

Post by SilentWren »

Shacknasty wrote:Settled? It settles nothing.
You're more than welcome to think it was Alessa if you want to, though. There are plenty of cases where other fans have argued against things the creators have outright stated. If they have that right, then so do you. I personally disagree with you in this case, but if something doesn't sit right with you, then you obviously have a good reason for it.

It's not like it's one of those details that actually affects the story anyhow. Alessa? God? Whatever. Heather was in SH3, and that's all we need to know. Everything else is just arguing for the sake of arguing.
The above user visits this forum *very infrequently.* If you need any type of response or answer from her, she may or may not be able to provide it in a timely manner.

Thank you for understanding. <3

http://silenthillforum.com/viewtopic.ph ... 28#p674128
alone in the town

It's not like it's one of those details that actually affects the story anyhow.
It doesn't?

Because, as far as I can tell, whether it's Alessa or God defines, in large part, whether Silent Hill 3 is the execution of God's brilliant contingency plan to ensure its rebirth and the perpetuation of the life-death-rebirth cycle which is the game's most central theme, or the tragic result of Alessa's catastrophically stupid, entirely uncharacteristic, and physically impossible act of generosity.

But, you do have the right to completely disagree. Being willfully incorrect is not illegal.
Tillerman
Rosewater Park Attendant

Post by Tillerman »

alone in the town wrote:It doesn't?

Because, as far as I can tell, whether it's Alessa or God defines, in large part, whether Silent Hill 3 is the execution of God's brilliant contingency plan to ensure its rebirth and the perpetuation of the life-death-rebirth cycle which is the game's most central theme, or the tragic result of Alessa's catastrophically stupid, entirely uncharacteristic, and physically impossible act of generosity.
Or the third option... it's a ret-con.