The "I GOT IT!" Thread + Spoiler-Free Impressions

Poor Alex ... his momma don't seem to like him much. We wonder why in here ...

Moderator: Moderators

Mis Krist.
Historical Society Historian

Post by Mis Krist. »

From Team Silent themselves...? I'm pretty sure that they split into two camps within TS itself to work on different titles.

I dunno, I'd just think twice about linking to Wikipedia. What do they cite as their sources that TS has been one and the same since the beginning? That would make a more credible argument.
I'm not dead yet, dammit.
SHACKled89451
Gravedigger

Post by SHACKled89451 »

Krist. wrote:From Team Silent themselves...? I'm pretty sure that they split into two camps within TS itself to work on different titles.

I dunno, I'd just think twice about linking to Wikipedia. What do they cite as their sources that TS has been one and the same since the beginning? That would make a more credible argument.
Ok, try this one...

silenthill.wikia.com/wiki/Team_Silent

plus I have the making of videos of 1-4 in DIV-x on my cpu and the credits for all four include those cited by wiki.... which would lead me to believe it's the same team..
revalations 23:16
Mis Krist.

Post by Mis Krist. »

That's still a wiki. And it doesn't link to any sources.

Oh well.
I'm not dead yet, dammit.
VIVIsect

Post by VIVIsect »

SHACKled89451 wrote:Incidentally, Konami didn't make SH, just as Capcom didn't make RE.. they are the publishers/distributors...
"Team silent" isn't a third party entity, separate from Konami. The collective group are all employees of Konami. Akria Yamaoka is an employee of Konami. Origins and Homecoming are the only two Silent Hill games made by third party publishers.

If anyone is wondering why "Team Silent" are no longer working on the Silent Hill franchise, look no further than Silent Hill 4: The Room. Konami has the final say as to who works on a Silent Hill release. After the failure that was The Room Konami chose a different team. People make it out to sound as if "Team Silent" are simply too busy to work on a new Silent Hill release, which is laughably false. If Konami wanted them to work on Silent Hill, then they would be working on Silent Hill.
nobody is anybody
SHACKled89451
Gravedigger

Post by SHACKled89451 »

Akria Yamaoka is an employee of Konami. Origins and Homecoming are the only two Silent Hill games made by third party publishers.

Uhh... no, Origins and Homecoming were made by 3rd party DEVELOPERS.. Konami still published both of those titles .. And I wasn't claiming that Team Silent wasn't hired by Konami to work on the SH franchise.. but the fact that they are employees of Konami, doesn't mean Konami made SH. And I think you are mistaken about the reason why TS hasn't worked on the last 2 titles..
Caine
Just Passing Through

Post by Caine »

SHACKled89451 wrote:
Georgeo-0 wrote:I got it today, played up until i got to silent hill.
At parts like inside of the police tation and the sewer, i was like, is this silent hill or just a really low quality hack and slash wanna be horror game. It got better around the time it went otherworld in alexs house. the puzzles are lame and uninspiried. The story is presented like total cheese. Dialouge is a little stiff and some cutscenes seem to go nowhere, telling you no new information. I thought the dialouge trees would work a little better but in practice its a little awkward. It seems like it dosent even try to be spooky, and i dont like how rooms are all connected now and its impossible to run away from monsters in some parts. The exploration sucked up until inside otherworld alexs house imho. the graphics are ugly suffice for the bloom and lighting, and in the right enviroment the game hides its graphical issues well. Its a little inconsistent, and saves points seem scattered bizzarly.
ANYWAYS, now that im in silent hill i hope things go uphill and i see some more eviroments to explore that are layed out cleverly. Unlike the dreadful sewer segment. And it was dreadful.
EDIT: Oh and i suppose im also bothered that this game borrows more than i expected from that awful movie.
Now im done.
Man, you a pretty harsh critic... everyone is entitled to their own opinion but your post sounded like a just bunch of pissing and moaning to me... Isn't there anything you like about this game? and BTW, graphics are ugly? This isn't far-cry.. the graphics are supposed to be gritty and depressing. I thought these were some of the best graphics to ever adorn a SH game.
yeah not liking something is always moaning for some people here, i'm a fan since SH1 but such wanna be SH fans are not helping at all but supporting such crapshit !

SH is dead, get over it, the rest is only copied crap, if the old team would make one there would be hope but all others arent the real ones, and only japanese can make a true sequel.
SHACKled89451
Gravedigger

Post by SHACKled89451 »

Caine wrote:
SHACKled89451 wrote:
Georgeo-0 wrote:I got it today, played up until i got to silent hill.
At parts like inside of the police tation and the sewer, i was like, is this silent hill or just a really low quality hack and slash wanna be horror game. It got better around the time it went otherworld in alexs house. the puzzles are lame and uninspiried. The story is presented like total cheese. Dialouge is a little stiff and some cutscenes seem to go nowhere, telling you no new information. I thought the dialouge trees would work a little better but in practice its a little awkward. It seems like it dosent even try to be spooky, and i dont like how rooms are all connected now and its impossible to run away from monsters in some parts. The exploration sucked up until inside otherworld alexs house imho. the graphics are ugly suffice for the bloom and lighting, and in the right enviroment the game hides its graphical issues well. Its a little inconsistent, and saves points seem scattered bizzarly.
ANYWAYS, now that im in silent hill i hope things go uphill and i see some more eviroments to explore that are layed out cleverly. Unlike the dreadful sewer segment. And it was dreadful.
EDIT: Oh and i suppose im also bothered that this game borrows more than i expected from that awful movie.
Now im done.
Man, you a pretty harsh critic... everyone is entitled to their own opinion but your post sounded like a just bunch of pissing and moaning to me... Isn't there anything you like about this game? and BTW, graphics are ugly? This isn't far-cry.. the graphics are supposed to be gritty and depressing. I thought these were some of the best graphics to ever adorn a SH game.
yeah not liking something is always moaning for some people here, i'm a fan since SH1 but such wanna be SH fans are not helping at all but supporting such crapshit !

SH is dead, get over it, the rest is only copied crap, if the old team would make one there would be hope but all others arent the real ones, and only japanese can make a true sequel.

"SH is dead" is that your professional opinion DR. Caine?

"Only the Japanese can make a true sequel" I didn't know you made the rules for video game sequels.

I'll admitt I was out of line by calling his post pissing and moaning, it's his impressions of the game so far and thats what this thread is for... But just because this game is not what your used doesn't mean it's crap... It's time, hell, it's been time for the SH series to move in new directions.
If you don't like it, stop playing the game.. but don't claim SH is dead, because your wrong. The only way it will die is if there were more "fans" like you with that negative attitude..
VIVIsect

Post by VIVIsect »

SHACKled89451 wrote:Origins and Homecoming were made by 3rd party DEVELOPERS.. Konami still published both of those titles
I misspoke. The point remains the same. The individuals responsible for developing Origins and Homecoming are not employees of Konami, whereas "Team Silent" ARE. What projects are "Team Silent" members currently working on? KONAMI projects. When they get up in the morning and go to work, they walk into a big building that says KONAMI on the front of it.

SHACKled89451 wrote:but the fact that they are employees of Konami, doesn't mean Konami made SH.
That makes no sense.

SHACKled89451 wrote:And I think you are mistaken about the reason why TS hasn't worked on the last 2 titles..
It's fine that you think that. But, I'm not. :wink:
nobody is anybody
TheRedOne

Post by TheRedOne »

VIVIsect wrote:
SHACKled89451 wrote:Incidentally, Konami didn't make SH, just as Capcom didn't make RE.. they are the publishers/distributors...
"Team silent" isn't a third party entity, separate from Konami. The collective group are all employees of Konami. Akria Yamaoka is an employee of Konami. Origins and Homecoming are the only two Silent Hill games made by third party publishers.

If anyone is wondering why "Team Silent" are no longer working on the Silent Hill franchise, look no further than Silent Hill 4: The Room. Konami has the final say as to who works on a Silent Hill release. After the failure that was The Room Konami chose a different team. People make it out to sound as if "Team Silent" are simply too busy to work on a new Silent Hill release, which is laughably false. If Konami wanted them to work on Silent Hill, then they would be working on Silent Hill.
Wow, I honestly didn't have a clue. I figured the franchise was dead in their eyes and they decided to move on.
SHACKled89451
Gravedigger

Post by SHACKled89451 »

That makes no sense.

KONAMI, didn't write, produce, or create the concept for Silent Hill... they just hired the people who did..

therefore, KONAMI, didn't "make" silent hill, they just own the rights to it.

Make sense now?
It's fine that you think that. But, I'm not.

Mind telling me how you came by that info?
shofear_nd
Just Passing Through

Post by shofear_nd »

Hey, what’s new everyone? Just thought I’d stop by to throw my two cents in; in a friendly manner, of course.

A lot of large corporations in the gaming industry create, and assign, “teams,” to work on certain projects. These, “teams,” usually consist of specific individuals that have history with similar, or previous projects with that franchise. Team Silent is owned, and is most likely operated within Konami. As with almost any franchise, a third party corporation may purchase a license from the franchise’s corporation, granting them contracted rights to the franchise. This was the case with Silent Hill Origins, and Silent Hill Homecoming, as third party developers licensed the rights for the franchise (usually per title). Konami, of course, reserves the right to enforce changes to the final product.

Just because Team Silent has not released a new Silent Hill title since Silent Hill 4, doesn’t mean they are finished with the series. Remember, a, “team,” usually consists of key players, and if these players are assigned to other projects, or teams, then that will delay any new Team Silent projects.

Overall, I think Silent Hill Homecoming and Origins are good games, but think that many people compare them to past titles (which is understandable). Honestly, I think the series should have ended with Silent Hill 3, but that isn’t because the others are bad (they aren’t), but is due to the fact that the town has already been explained, and explored. Team Silent should just carry over the concept for their Silent Hill franchise over to a completely new horror title. That’s what I think.

Edit: I forgot to mention that a few key members in Team Silent are/were working on the Siren series, but maybe that's already known.
Last edited by shofear_nd on 04 Oct 2008, edited 1 time in total.
SHACKled89451
Gravedigger

Post by SHACKled89451 »

shofear_nd wrote:Hey, what’s new everyone? Just thought I’d stop by to throw my two cents in; in a friendly manner, of course.

A lot of large corporations in the gaming industry create, and assign, “teams,” to work on certain projects. These, “teams,” usually consist of specific individuals that have history with similar, or previous projects with that franchise. Team Silent is owned, and is most likely operated within Konami. As with almost any franchise, a third party corporation may purchase a license from the franchise’s corporation, granting them contracted rights to the franchise. This was the case with Silent Hill Origins, and Silent Hill Homecoming, as third party developers licensed the rights for the franchise (usually per title). Konami, of course, reserves the right to enforce changes to the final product.

Just because Team Silent has not released a new Silent Hill title since Silent Hill 4, doesn’t mean they are finished with the series. Remember, a, “team,” usually consists of key players, and if these players are assigned to other projects, or teams, then that will delay any new Team Silent projects.

Overall, I think Silent Hill Homecoming and Origins are good games, but think that many people compare them to past titles (which is understandable). Honestly, I think the series should have ended with Silent Hill 3, but that isn’t because the others are bad (they aren’t), but is due to the fact that the town has already been explained, and explored. Team Silent should just carry over the concept for their Silent Hill franchise over to a completely new horror title. That’s what I think.
If you ask me, the Silent Hill mythos could go on forever... and with the right production team, it might very well do that..
oocladableeblah
Just Passing Through

Post by oocladableeblah »

VIVIsect wrote:

That makes sense. The same exact thing happened with the tomb raider series. Core Design made them then when Tomb Raider: Angel of Darkness came out it was a flop and now Crystal Dynamics makes the games. Anyways sorry for going off topic.

Been playing a little more of sh5 and don't have very many health items and the enemies are sort of hard.
SHACKled89451
Gravedigger

Post by SHACKled89451 »

Been playing a little more of sh5 and don't have very many health items and the enemies are sort of hard.

UUggh... the smog... what a pain in the ass that one is. When you get attacked by enemies in SH homecoming it's very reminscent of RE4, what with the button mashing and such... oh well
AgentNein
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by AgentNein »

TheRedOne wrote:SH2 AND THE ROOM TEAM FTW!!!!!!

...Sorry about that.

Anyway, you keep saying Capcom, I really hope you mean Konami. :|
err...yeah. Too much MegaMan9 lately.
SHACKled89451 wrote:
AgentNein wrote:yeah, i'm sure if capcom wanted to they could pull the team back together (or at least the team members that really make the difference)

food for thought, I don't know if you knew this, but there are actually two different team silents. the first one made SH1, and SH3, the second one made SH2 and The Room. Which would would you rather resurrect if you could?
That's not true at all, there's only one Team Silent, and they were responsible for every title except SH origins, and Homecoming...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Team_Silent

Where did you hear that bs?
Sorry, lemme reword. There is one Team Silent, but two different sub-teams shall we say within Team Silent have split up work on the original four games. The first team is mainly responsible for Silent Hill 1 and Silent Hill 3, the second team is mainly responsible for Silent Hill 2 and The Room. This I know to be truth.

By the by, has anybody else tryed the Konami Code yet?
Justice has a name, and the name it has, besides justice, is Captain Hammer!
kunonabi
Just Passing Through

Post by kunonabi »

animation dept

minako asano
sachiko sugawara
shingo yuri

worked on 2,3,4

taro miyake worked on all 3
tomoko moroyoshi worked on all 3
kanako nakahara worked on all 4
kaz nirasawa worked on all 3

masashi tsuboyama worked on 1, 2 and 4
kazutoshi sugai worked on 1, 2 and 3
sound dept changed from game to game aside from yamaoka

hiroyuki owaku wrote both silent hill 2 and 3(NOT 4)

gozo kitao was a producer on 1,2 and 3(not 4)

hideyuki fujii did monster programming for sh2 and sh4

runa sugiyama worked on 2 and 3

tomohiro maeyama worked on sh3 and sh4

osama shigeta worked on 2 and 3

jun inoue did monster design on sh4 and town design on sh2
masahiro ito worked on sh1, sh2 and sh3(received a special thanks for sh4 although I thought the sh4 manual had down him for something else too)

morio kishida did visual effects for sh2 and 3(publicist for 4)

this two seperate sub teams doesnt hold up all of people worked on all 3 and alot worked on 2 and 3 and not 4. the teams are different but I don't see any real split between 2&4 versus 3&1

a good deal of the silent hill 1 crew worked throughout the series and not just 3. in terms of key roles sh2 shares alot more with 1 and 3 than it does with 4. this is all info from the manual and the credits. I'm sure there a good deal of the crew not listed, but overall 2&4 and 1&3 split doesn't seem to hold up. I could be wrong of course but I would like to see the proof.
Numb Body01

Post by Numb Body01 »

/ off topic
Music created by the fans, for the fans. . . . . . . . . . . . . . Vol. 1 | Vol. 2 | Vol. 3
Georgeo-0
Just Passing Through

Post by Georgeo-0 »

K i beat the game, dident like it. Thems my impressions.
Mr.FLOOT
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by Mr.FLOOT »

I have a feeling I wont like it as much.....but I've yet to play it, fucking slow airmail ¬_¬!
AgentNein
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by AgentNein »

Mr.FLOOT wrote:I have a feeling I wont like it as much.....but I've yet to play it, fucking slow airmail ¬_¬!
Dude, I'm seriously feeling empathy pains for you.

I hate expecting to get say, a game one day, and then waiting a week for whatever stupid reason, it makes like every day at work that much more unbearable.
Justice has a name, and the name it has, besides justice, is Captain Hammer!