So who is the mystery woman in the hotel?

Poor Alex ... his momma don't seem to like him much. We wonder why in here ...

Moderator: Moderators

The Tormenter
Just Passing Through

So who is the mystery woman in the hotel?

Post by The Tormenter »

im really wondering who that is, its probably obvious but i don't get it - im talking about the woman in the hotel where you have to collect those memories (post cards) for her and she gives the strange key that leads to the battle with Sepulcher. Can someone fill me in here?
[img]http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g134/Jackass1_2006/pyramidheadsig.jpg[/img]
Video Gamer
Rosewater Park Attendant

Post by Video Gamer »

In some of the memmos you find in the hotel, it talks about a woman that was cheating on her husband or some such (I can't recall the details.) I think she was that woman.
overachiever547
Gravedigger

Post by overachiever547 »

It's probably Carol, who's mentioned in notes throughout the Hotel. She was having an affair with Mayor Bartlett while she and her sick husband was staying at the hotel. The only real evidence about this, though, is that one of her memories involves being at Alchemilla.
Hurm...
Hannah
Hope House Careworker

Post by Hannah »

The fact that she was ill doesn't add up either. Her husband was the sick one, why is she suddenly ill?

Anyone who says people get sick all the time gets banished.
¿Qué carajo estás haciendo aquí? ¡Lárgate, cabrón!

Y'know what I don't hate?
ValTanner
Just Passing Through

Post by ValTanner »

When I first met her, I noticed that her voice was the same as Alex's mother's... but it wouldn't make sense that it was her, so I just chalke dthat up to DH being cheap... ^^ Anyway, to the point, I thought she might be Joey's mother since she "mysteriously" disappeared and we hear nothing about her...But, after reading the memos in the hotel... yeah, it's the woman who had an affair with the mayor...
The hate I hate believing...
I never saw it coming...
You have your orders, soldier...
AuraTwilight
Historical Society Historian

Post by AuraTwilight »

Well, she's clearly amnesiac. "Oh, another crazy, lol. Toss the bitch in Alchemilla."
[quote="BlackFire2"]I thought he meant the special powers of her vagina.[/quote]
henrytownshend21
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by henrytownshend21 »

haha Aura made me crack up lol =)

anywayz i wonder why couldnt she leave the hotel? just becuz of her memories?

and i left to use the restroom and there were bugs going under the door when i came back (after giving her memories back)
[img]http://i527.photobucket.com/albums/cc355/jewjew911/henrytownshend21-1-1.gif[/img]
AuraTwilight

Post by AuraTwilight »

She's obviously a ghost. Those tend not to move anywhere.
[quote="BlackFire2"]I thought he meant the special powers of her vagina.[/quote]
KLGChaos
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by KLGChaos »

I just found the door scary. The hole looked like it was a set of jaws. I was sure it was going to bite my arm off if I gave her the memories.
I'm offended by political correctness.
henrytownshend21
Cafe5to2 Waitress

AuraTwilight wrote:She's obviously a ghost. Those tend not to move anywhere.

sounds like u never played silent hill 4......
[img]http://i527.photobucket.com/albums/cc355/jewjew911/henrytownshend21-1-1.gif[/img]
The Tormenter
Just Passing Through

Post by The Tormenter »

yeah you guys are probably right about it being Carol. That humming she does creeps me out, the first time I played that and heard that I was thinking, "Oh great - here comes one of those damn Victim ghosts from SH4" I really did think that after she said about you having a kind voice and laughing that after you gave her the memories there would some sort of fight w/her then. But no.
[img]http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g134/Jackass1_2006/pyramidheadsig.jpg[/img]
AuraTwilight

Post by AuraTwilight »

sounds like u never played silent hill 4......
1) "Tend" != NEVER MOVE
2) anyone who studies ghosts as a hobby will tell you that comparing sentient and "wild" ghosts is a dumb idea.
3) Different planes of existence anyway.
4) Swords of Obedience kthxbai.
DeadShadow

Post by DeadShadow »

No Clue..

It's sure a relief after all you went through to get those Postcards.. :shock:
Inner Eye
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by Inner Eye »

I pretty sure it is Carol, but before I read the memos I got the vibe that is was the ghost of Dahlia, but that would not make any sense.
Resident Cajun and Wolf.
henrytownshend21
Cafe5to2 Waitress

I really did think that after she said about you having a kind voice and laughing that after you gave her the memories there would some sort of fight w/her then. But no.
i also wondered why she laughed after saying dat anybody?
Nightmareish Waltzer
Just Passing Through

Post by Nightmareish Waltzer »

I figured that the Mystery Woman was just a faceless victim to The Order. An offering to their God, who's spirit remained rooted in the Hotel room, searching for better memories.
There's a hole in the wall. Naturally, the smart and sane thing to do would be to stick your hand inside it or crawl through it.
Arcturus
Just Passing Through

Post by Arcturus »

Regardless of her identity, I found her humming to be creepy while you searched the hotel alongside all the creaks and groans of the decayed building.
Meeks
Just Passing Through

Post by Meeks »

Did anybody here actually get abit sleepy as she hummed the song? x_X I couldn't even play that level at night cuz I actually felt sleepy..anyway.

I do think that she is carol, but it makes me wonder why sing that song of all songs? maybe they added it just to give the "Creepy" feel.
AuraTwilight

Post by AuraTwilight »

I actually wasn't creeped out by her singing. I would hang around there for a few minutes because it was comforting.
Meeks
Just Passing Through

Post by Meeks »

I also liked when she hummed only made me feel too sleepy XD; and I felt safe when I heard her voice from afar when I'm running back from getting the three memories