Is 'Homecoming' anyone's favourite Silent Hill game?

Poor Alex ... his momma don't seem to like him much. We wonder why in here ...

Moderator: Moderators

AuraTwilight
Historical Society Historian

Re: Is 'Homecoming' anyone's favourite Silent Hill game?

Post by AuraTwilight »

Uyrikeustek wrote:This shouldn't be anyone's favorite "Silent Hill" game because it hardly follows the story of the first 4 games.
Alright, we get it, you can't consider any individual Silent Hill game on it's own merits if it doesn't fit cleanly into an overarching meta-narrative. Can you stop saying the same thing in every fucking thread now?
[quote="BlackFire2"]I thought he meant the special powers of her vagina.[/quote]
DistantJ
Rosewater Park Attendant

Post by DistantJ »

By Uyrikeustek's logic, every Final Fantasy game sucks, every Zelda game sucks, Quake 4 is the best Quake game and DOOM 3 is rubbish.
Where we're from, the birds sing a pretty song, and there's always music in the air.
Cyrus Hanley
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by Cyrus Hanley »

Homecoming isn't my favourite Silent Hill game, but it does hold a place in my heart.
Re1Mu2R3
Just Passing Through

Post by Re1Mu2R3 »

I don't know why some guys keep bitching about this not feeling like a Silent Hill game. Except for Unfixed camera Angles and not having the option to stomp your enemy, I really think this is a worthy game to add to the series.
The character development was excellent and in my opinion is the most important element of the game.

My order is:

SH: SM (Very well developed characters.)
SH1 (More of the Nostalgia factor. Also the scariest.)
SH 3, SH 2, SH: Homecoming (In that order. Story-wise, SH2 takes the cake but the horrible controls lowers the rating. Alex was a very likeable character and the original ending really gives the game closure unlike in SH 3.)
SH: Origins (Gameplay-wise this is the best among all SH games. Stamina, Weapons, Puzzles. The only thing it lacked is character development.)
SH4: The Room (I think if anything, SH: The Room was the one that didn't feel like a Silent Hill game.)
Re1Mu2R3
Just Passing Through

Post by Re1Mu2R3 »

Uyrikeustek wrote:This shouldn't be anyone's favorite "Silent Hill" game because it hardly follows the story of the first 4 games.
Totally disagree.

Chrono Trigger is my all time favorite RPG and is what got me into gaming in the first place. In Chrono Cross, they fucked up everything they ever built in Chrono Trigger, nevertheless, it holds a place in my heart because I look at it as an alternate to the many possibilities that could happen in the CT world.

That's why Shattered Memories is my favorite SH game, because it was the one that managed to emotionally capture me the most, regardless of it not using elements from the previous games.