Steam sale

Poor Alex ... his momma don't seem to like him much. We wonder why in here ...

Moderator: Moderators

jdnation
Historical Society Historian

Steam sale

Post by jdnation »

The Digital PC version of Homecoming is on sale for $20 through a Konami sale on Steam.
http://gamingeverything.com/?p=6039
Typographenia

Re: Steam sale

Post by Typographenia »

Just a tip, don't buy it just yet if you're planning to.

Check back every day to see if it makes it into Steam's "Daily Deals" because it will be for even cheaper if it does. Come July 10th, if it hasn't gone on sale, grab it up if you're interested still.
VenusDoom
Hope House Careworker

Post by VenusDoom »

Or if at all possible buy a used copy for the same price (less with a powerup rewards card) at Gamestop. (I've had a terrible time with PC gaming)
Cry baby, cry baby, cry,<3
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0_DW9xJTX-4
I love the Silent Hill Series. The games: Homecoming, Origins, and Shattered Memories, did nothing wrong whatsoever, they were developed well, and did things different. Just because they were not by Team Silent doesn't mean that they're bad games. I believe in this series. I believe that one day, we can have a game that will make all Silent Hill fans Happy. I believe that Silent Hill Downpour can achieve this.
Team Silent may be gone, but their series isn't. Instead... it's here, it's alive.

If you agree, add it to your sig.
Typographenia

Post by Typographenia »

http://store.steampowered.com/app/19000/

Bumping this thread because it's currently $10 on Steam.
Just remember, it's still very much a busted game. (I'm going to bite... Konami never puts this on sale for this cheap, and I'm weak)
charmicarmicat
Just Passing Through

this is available for 5 bucks on steam right now...

Post by charmicarmicat »

...but unfortunately, it's a glitchy piece of shit, as it seems most of you are already aware of. the game itself seems pretty decent so far, but MAN. I've only made it to Alex's house and have already had to restart the game like twice. and when I open the garage and try to take the pipe, it doesn't show up in my inventory! WHAT THE HELL. so frustrating. is there a patch available or am I basically doomed?

this is my first post so I might as well post my personal SH rankings:

SH2
SH1
SH3
SH4

haven't played any of the other ones.
VenusDoom
Hope House Careworker

Re: this is available for 5 bucks on steam right now...

Post by VenusDoom »

It's 10 now. Must've missed the sale, damn.
Cry baby, cry baby, cry,<3
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0_DW9xJTX-4
I love the Silent Hill Series. The games: Homecoming, Origins, and Shattered Memories, did nothing wrong whatsoever, they were developed well, and did things different. Just because they were not by Team Silent doesn't mean that they're bad games. I believe in this series. I believe that one day, we can have a game that will make all Silent Hill fans Happy. I believe that Silent Hill Downpour can achieve this.
Team Silent may be gone, but their series isn't. Instead... it's here, it's alive.

If you agree, add it to your sig.
charmicarmicat
Just Passing Through

Post by charmicarmicat »

that's too bad.

alright, so it turns out that you have to press another button to access the weapon inventory. so I guess that one's on me. I kept playing and got to the cemetary area. as soon as I went up to the save point to save, it crashed!!! son of a bitch. and the last save point was all the way back at town hall. I'm pretty pissed. I want to give this game a chance, but it seems as if it doesn't want to let me.
Typographenia

Post by Typographenia »

I bought it, but only because I'm an idiot.

I'll likely never play it, but I have to keep building up my steam library because... uh... because I can!
leftshoe18
Rosewater Park Attendant

Post by leftshoe18 »

The console versions are a lot more stable than the PC one (though they have their share of glitches as well). If you have an Xbox 360 or a PS3, I'd recommend picking it up for one of those. Unfortunately, that's gonna cost a little more than $5.
Talolili
Just Passing Through

Post by Talolili »

I'd try Ebay, you can get great deals on console games there. I bought a used but mint copy of SH 1 for only $20
"What the hell?" Henry Townsend
Talolili
Just Passing Through

Post by Talolili »

I'd try Ebay, you can get great deals on console games there. I bought a used but mint copy of SH 1 for only $20 there.
"What the hell?" Henry Townsend