Could Boogeyman be Metatron

Poor Alex ... his momma don't seem to like him much. We wonder why in here ...

Moderator: Moderators

SH1000
Just Passing Through

Could Boogeyman be Metatron

Post by SH1000 »

http://silenthill.wikia.com/wiki/Metatron
http://silenthill.wikia.com/wiki/Pyramid_Head

Maybe Double Helix rethinked SH canon and made PH a Metatron. Just a though
The Adversary
RESPECT

Re: Could Boogeyman be Metatron

Post by The Adversary »

This post is the property of its author and is not to be used elsewhere without explicit permission from the author.

. . . AND THAT'S THAT.
mikefile
Gravedigger

Post by mikefile »

OMG. I just realized..

COULD PYRAMID HEAD

IN FACT BE . . .

.... OR EVEN.........
PRIME_BBCODE_SPOILER_SHOW PRIME_BBCODE_SPOILER:
SHF
Historical Society Historian

Post by SHF »

The developers of Homecoming borrowed the Bogeyman from the film.
I believe that Metatron is Valtiel ( Metatron is the Agent of God, according to Christianity, and possibly Jewish religion text. We see Valtiel dons the Seal of Metatron on his body.)

Bogeyman in Homecoming is the manifestation of the fear of the myth that was read to children to keep them from misbehaving.
[img]http://i1226.photobucket.com/albums/ee419/silentfog/signature.jpg[/img]
DrBjerkov
Just Passing Through

Post by DrBjerkov »

Neither Pyramid head, Valtiel, or the Bogeyman are Metatron. Valtiel and PH are angels sent from the Orders god to ensure the rebirth of their god. Valtiel is the keeper, which means that he whatches over Heather in SH3, and ressurects her if she dies, as he is seen dragging her body if she dies. In SH2 and HC, Bogeyman is the warden and executioner. He teaches the protagonist that they need to face what they have truly done. Bogeyman's name, according to the Order ,is Lamnaetal.

Lamnaetal and Valtiel are, essentially, Metatron's caretakers, ensuring that heather is able to birth their god. In HC, Lamnaetal is their to cause Alex to lose hope in stopping the Order, ensuring that they will, once again, be reunited with their god.
Let's blow some heads... off...
ashatteredmemory
Gravedigger

Post by ashatteredmemory »

I've never heard about the Lamnaetal stuff, would you be so kind to give a source? I also thought that the Bogeyman/PH was practically unrelated to the SH3 sect/cult, the latter being related to Metatron... My memory of The Order and its different sects has become a bit rusty
"Grown-ups tell kids there's no such thing as monsters, that the Bogeyman is just make-believe, and there's nothing hiding under their beds, but that's a lie. Because I've seen 'em." - Murphy Pendleton
teosoleil
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by teosoleil »

DrBjerkov wrote:Valtiel and PH are angels sent from the Orders god to ensure the rebirth of their god.
Uh, no. Big ol' Triangle Head isn't an angel sent by the Orders god to ensure the rebirth of the God (how does the Order's god even send an angel to ensure it's own birth?) PH is merely a manifestation serving different purposes depending on what game/movie you're speaking of. According to Silent Hill 2's character designer Takayoshi Sato, Pyramid Head appears as a "distorted memory of the executioners" and of the town's past as a place of execution.
DrBjerkov wrote:In SH2 and HC, Bogeyman is the warden and executioner. He teaches the protagonist that they need to face what they have truly done. Bogeyman's name, according to the Order ,is Lamnaetal.
Silent Hill 2 and Homecoming do not share the same creature, though they do go by the same appearance. James' Red Pyramid Thing is distinctly different from Homecoming's Bogeyman: they come from different manifestations of different minds, and as such, are not the same being.

They aren't based on an unmentioned entity in the Order's mythology, nor are they the physical form of said hypothetical entity itself. I don't know who the hell Lamnaetal is. He isn't even mentioned in the games.
DrBjerkov wrote:Lamnaetal and Valtiel are, essentially, Metatron's caretakers, ensuring that heather is able to birth their god. In HC, Lamnaetal is their to cause Alex to lose hope in stopping the Order, ensuring that they will, once again, be reunited with their god.
(Regarding "Lamnaetal": see above. You are correct about Valtiel's role, though.)

No, Bogeyman ("Lamnaetal"?) in Homecoming is a manifestation from Adam's guilty conscience. You could say that, similar to Red Pyramid Thing, Bogeyman serves the same purpose of representing a desire for punishment.