This Games is not that bad...

Poor Alex ... his momma don't seem to like him much. We wonder why in here ...

Moderator: Moderators

potato
Just Passing Through

This Games is not that bad...

Post by potato »

Well, I bought the PS3 version few months after it came out, but due to the feedback from people about this game i just left it there.

Recently am collecting silent hill pc versions and since i never played this i gave it a try.

Overall it's not a bad game, the visual's at it's best especially the lighting. The difficulty of this game made the game more of a survival. Especially the early stage where you don't have much experience, weapon, ammo & health items. Quite entertaining until you get frustrated.

The story is ok. Finding lost brother, never before in any game i guess, other than Resident Evil Code Veronica X.

The problem with the PC version is the lag during load screen, long loading time during save & load, cutscenes lagging pretty bad when it starts that you miss the 10 seconds of the scene.

The fact that 99% of the doors are locked and how slow Alex tries the door is frustrating esp when in tight spot. Most items just trying to buy more time for this game, not much challenges. Most puzzle doesn't make sense, nor do they give much of a hint, or hint that's relevant.

The story also has lots of holes. I mean Wheeler still get to keep his radio & pistol after getting jailed? Prison control not working but Wheeler gets it working with a magic touch?

The inefficient way Alex fight actually a plus, it makes the game more challenging, lack of save spots in earlier parts makes dying a punishment. I mean Alex fights even worse than Heather. Maybe because he's a Coo-Koo.

All in all this game is not as bad as they say, quite entertaining, many frustrating part. Almost pretty linear. I'm surprised i actually got fun out of it.

Now this game is history.
AuraTwilight
Historical Society Historian

Re: This Games is not that bad...

Post by AuraTwilight »

The story is ok. Finding lost brother, never before in any game i guess, other than Resident Evil Code Veronica X.
It's functionally identical to looking for a daughter, wife, or any other loved one.
[quote="BlackFire2"]I thought he meant the special powers of her vagina.[/quote]
Mephisto

Post by Mephisto »

Alex is worse than Heather? Yeah, right.
Homecoming combat system was probably the best of the entire series.
Kenji

Post by Kenji »

Homecoming really isn't that terribly bad, per se. I, for one, found it loads more playable than The Room, Origins, and maybe even Downpour (I certainly finished it faster). The environments and monsters are fairly good looking, if a bit too orthodox. Being orthodox wouldn't be so bad if it didn't adversely affect the scares.

Really, Homecoming's biggest problem is that it's kinda boring. Boring to play, boring to feel, and (starting with the second playthrough) boring to look at. If that didn't matter as much as it does, I'd even go so far as to say it's a decent sequel.
the konami code
Just Passing Through

Post by the konami code »

I really enjoyed Homecoming. Ok, it's nothing compared to the Team Silent SH's but still, for the most part I'm really into it and it feels like it flows well with a lot of the typical SH idioms unlike Alan Downpour Wake.... :/
fudgestix

Post by fudgestix »

Pros
Cons

Please make sure you check around to make sure your points won't fit in discussion topics already in existence before making a new thread.
THE RULES! [click me and learn]
"I think I'd prefer a sword over a penis anyday." - Wigeke
Mxpn - Restless Night (bandcamp)