Game is about Adam not Alex

Poor Alex ... his momma don't seem to like him much. We wonder why in here ...

Moderator: Moderators

blackglass657
Just Passing Through

Game is about Adam not Alex

Post by blackglass657 »

You people complain about Alex do not being a soldier. Without even small break through of the perspective.

Then (SPOILER) Adam killed in church by the Pyramid head.
The whole game become such a horror not from Alex perspective,but from Adam's.

Imagine you in charge of the Order. Yeah, I think Adam is in charge or at least not that far away from it.

And then he, Adam, is ready to die. He see Alex in his Army jacket.

Realising Alex being killing monsters and Order members all this time.

Now that's horror.

Also if you remove Alex and keep only Adam and Pyramid head, it's actually very well done. My point Adam is John Cramer of silent hill. Like it's to tie up Adam and Pyramid head. Damn thats pretty great.

Think about more Adam horror then Alex, sometime.
NanayaShiki
SHH Cult & SHHF Moderator
SHH Cult & SHHF Moderator

Re: Game is about Adam not Alex

Post by NanayaShiki »

Considering that people haven't really talked about Homecoming on here in years, I don't know who you're referring to that is complaining about Alex not being a soldier, but personally I never had a problem with that plot point. I think Homecoming has a lot of flaws, but most of it's ideas were fine on paper.

As for Adam, I disagree with your assessment that the game is about him or it's more of a horror from his perspective. The game is about Alex, and his relationship to his parents plays a large role in his narrative. Namely, his choice to forgive them (or not forgive them) for their emotional abuse forms the backbone of the game's themes and plot, and The Order stuff gets dumped on top of it.
Mephisto
Historical Society Historian

Re: Game is about Adam not Alex

Post by Mephisto »

Alex's parents are like the Italian Mob. "They had to do what they had to do".

But there's always a way.