Fastest Completion

James got a letter. From a dead person. Oh dear.

Moderator: Moderators

FBA 6100
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by FBA 6100 »

About three hours. I take my time.
[img]http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y247/sven14/Sigs/26ac0108.gif[/img]
Harrys_Girl
Historical Society Historian

Post by Harrys_Girl »

I usaually take my time,but my fastest time was 1:35 on easy and 1:45 on normal,and I haven't gotten past the hosptial on hard. :mrgreen: I suck. :P
Mis Krist.

Post by Mis Krist. »

I've never bothered with higher physical difficulties. Fighting isn't my focus. In fact, even the concept of playing on Normal doesn't strike me as too appealing. Who needs to have enemies that are almost as smart--or mayhap smarter?--than me following me around?

Shortest time I've beaten it is probably and hour and twenty, fifteen minutes tops.
I'm not dead yet, dammit.
Harrys_Girl

Post by Harrys_Girl »

^I agree with you in that I like the concept of playing the game,but you still beat my time,I think that is saying something about me. :roll: Hmmmm.....
Mis Krist.

Post by Mis Krist. »

People take their time, there's nothing wrong with that. I always get so turned around in the Labyrinth..

I had a friend who beat it in about an hour. She rushed through everything, and I thought that cheapened the experience somehow. I didn't enjoy the game as much because of that.
Harrys_Girl

Post by Harrys_Girl »

Yeah,I played with one of my friends and he rushed through ,even skipping all the movies and that seemed to losen it's emoutional attachment to you.It baeicaly became a Shoot-everything-in-sight-and-not-have-any-humanity-elements-in-the-game game.Did you feel like that when you rushed through?
Artemis Panthar

Post by Artemis Panthar »

2 or 3 hours, I reckon. I'd have to start up my Xbox to check and I don't really feel like doing that right now. You guys have some damn impressive times, although personally I don't see much enjoyment in rushing through (but most people do. Every game seems to have a speedrun). I intended on trying for a low time when I played last time but I got distracted examining scenary and license plates for a half an hour and that idea went to hell XD That and I have an obsessive-compulsive need to check every door even if I know it's locked (or broken, as it were).
Everyday is silent and gray
plastique-nouveau
Hope House Careworker

Post by plastique-nouveau »

On Normal, I skipped through all the cut scenes and my time turned out to be 3 hours and 55 minutes [or close to 4 hours..]
[img]http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a131/plastique-nouveau/pn_sig_nurse1.jpg[/img]
Ø//+
[color=blue][b]Love is just a bloodsport.[/b][/color]
Mis Krist.

Post by Mis Krist. »

Harry'sGirl wrote:Yeah,I played with one of my friends and he rushed through ,even skipping all the movies and that seemed to losen it's emoutional attachment to you.It baeicaly became a Shoot-everything-in-sight-and-not-have-any-humanity-elements-in-the-game game.Did you feel like that when you rushed through?
I didn't rush through. :P I just played the game so much I know where to go and don't really waste time, unless I'm trying to look for something or investimigatin'.
The Adversary
RESPECT

Post by The Adversary »

Don't get me wrong: It's not as though every time I've played it I've rushed through it. The first day I received it I clocked in at eight hours, ten minutes; the times after that were something like six hours. Keep in mind, also: I've played this game over sixty times. I don't need to walk through it every time anymore.
This post is the property of its author and is not to be used elsewhere without explicit permission from the author.

. . . AND THAT'S THAT.
Ryantology

Post by Ryantology »

Same here. I've played through it many times at a normal pace and I've absorbed basically everything there is to absorb from playing it. I can still take my time and enjoy the scenery, but speeding is fun sometimes too, and it's not cheapening my experience... I'm not going to unread what I've already read.
Glazarus

Post by Glazarus »

Exactly what I meant...
[url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S0ZO3_UaUJs&fmt=22][img]http://img440.imageshack.us/img440/4855/psalm21banner.jpg[/img][/url]
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

6h 11m for me the first playthrough. And I mean first ever finish of a SH game. That was beginner/easy, as I wanted to get the feel of the game first. Managed to get the Leave ending, and 10 stars, and am now going for Rebirth, with walk/run reversed. Having that setting makes it so much easier to kill the monsters with the plank at the beginning!

Kathey.
FBA 6100
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by FBA 6100 »

Kathey wrote:6h 11m for me the first playthrough. And I mean first ever finish of a SH game. That was beginner/easy, as I wanted to get the feel of the game first. Managed to get the Leave ending, and 10 stars, and am now going for Rebirth, with walk/run reversed. Having that setting makes it so much easier to kill the monsters with the plank at the beginning!

Kathey.
Did you just say you got ten stars on your first playthrough? If you did, I would have to call you a liar.
[img]http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y247/sven14/Sigs/26ac0108.gif[/img]
Mis Krist.

Post by Mis Krist. »

I, too, call shenanigans.
Brian
Woodside Apartments Janitor

Post by Brian »

UPDATE: I have now completed Silent Hill 2 on Medium difficulty for a -record setting time- of 3 hours and 24 minutes! Ya!
[img:b4cb8a0046]http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a298/click_mannn/CollabAmortHaze2.png[/img:b4cb8a0046]
Your golden skies feed my role in this forgotten space race under my control.
Dr. Gordon
Rosewater Park Attendant

Post by Dr. Gordon »

The orange devil wrote:
Kathey wrote:6h 11m for me the first playthrough. And I mean first ever finish of a SH game. That was beginner/easy, as I wanted to get the feel of the game first. Managed to get the Leave ending, and 10 stars, and am now going for Rebirth, with walk/run reversed. Having that setting makes it so much easier to kill the monsters with the plank at the beginning!

Kathey.
Did you just say you got ten stars on your first playthrough? If you did, I would have to call you a liar.
Methinks Action Replay MAX is a factor. :wink:
Back off man, I'm a scientist.
19Duke84
Just Passing Through

Post by 19Duke84 »

I've been working on a speedrun of this game for sometime now.

Currently my fastest completion (Normal action/Normal Riddle; no special weapons and no secret endings) is 51 minutes and 21 seconds. I expect to get under 51 minutes eventually. Once this is done the video will be put on the speeddemosarchive (there is a 57:12 video on there right now, the gamer who did it is working on beating me now; currently he's at 54:12 so I have a big lead at the moment).
Brian
Woodside Apartments Janitor

Post by Brian »

^ Jesus... I think I'll actually try to beat it fast some time.
[img:b4cb8a0046]http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a298/click_mannn/CollabAmortHaze2.png[/img:b4cb8a0046]
Your golden skies feed my role in this forgotten space race under my control.
CasuallyDressed
Hope House Careworker

Post by CasuallyDressed »

I'm actually downloading that SH2 speed run now (along with the SH1 run...35mins? You must be joking?!) so I shall get a few ideas and attempt it myself. Should keep me amused :D
[img]http://i41.photobucket.com/albums/e277/steve_juneau/Matt.jpg[/img]

[url=http://www.myspace.com/brian_wants_brains]Add me on MySpazz![/url]