Who created the Otherworld in Silent Hill 2?

James got a letter. From a dead person. Oh dear.

Moderator: Moderators

hollywood-01

Post by hollywood-01 »

AuraTwilight wrote:Wrong. God is actually a product of the Otherworld. It's created by the people who experience it. If you're in Otherworld, you probably created it, the only known exceptions being Alessa/Heather's Otherworlds and Walter's Otherworld.

God is neither a deity nor a demon. It is, like the monsters, a product of the conjurer's mind. Whoever summons the God is also her creator.
I’m right because when dahlia made Alessa pregnant with the god that was when silent hill became the way it was because dahlia released its power on silent hill.
Mis Krist.
Historical Society Historian

Post by Mis Krist. »

No, not really. Strange things had been happening in Silent Hill long before Dahlia or even Alessa were born.
I'm not dead yet, dammit.
hollywood-01

Post by hollywood-01 »

Krist. wrote:No, not really. Strange things had been happening in Silent Hill long before Dahlia or even Alessa were born.
What is the cause of all the strange things that where happening before, am just curious cause I want to know what is that makes silent the way it is.
azrael
Just Passing Through

Post by azrael »

Well, I don't think the 'Otherworld' just came out of nowhere. Even though this isn't a well-recieved belief, I think that there is a specific, yet unnamed 'entity' that's causing all of the problems in Silent Hill.

If that isn't the case, then there wouldn't be much of a point for THE Silent Hill, as in the physical place, as the 'Otherworld' can be affected anywhere. There is something or someone tying this rift to Silent Hill.

Just my $0.02...
[img]http://www.dcdeadcell.com/images/signatures/shh.png[/img]
hollywood-01

Post by hollywood-01 »

azrael wrote:Well, I don't think the 'Otherworld' just came out of nowhere. Even though this isn't a well-recieved belief, I think that there is a specific, yet unnamed 'entity' that's causing all of the problems in Silent Hill.

If that isn't the case, then there wouldn't be much of a point for THE Silent Hill, as in the physical place, as the 'Otherworld' can be affected anywhere. There is something or someone tying this rift to Silent Hill.

Just my $0.02...
Now that is the answer I wanted to hear, yes I think you are right.
Mis Krist.

Post by Mis Krist. »

The Otherworld didn't come out of nowhere. It was always there. Weird things had been happening in the town for ages, as I said, and Silent Hill used to be considered holy--over the years it became warped, twisted and sinister. That's your entity right there.

I wish some people would try and think for themselves.
azrael
Just Passing Through

Post by azrael »

Krist. wrote:I wish some people would try and think for themselves.
You know, I was well aware of St. Thomas's timeline, as to the clues in the games themselves, so I know about the things that have been happening to the town.

I'm not ignorant...I was thinking for myself. I never said anything about 'when' or anything relating to the Order. Your reply doesn't explain anything anyway...neither does the game, of course. I was simply stating my opinion and thoughts on the subject in this thread.
Mis Krist.

Post by Mis Krist. »

I'm not even talking about you. Cheers.

Well the point is, your explanation of an 'entity' isn't really touched on to help explain why, previously, before Alessa, Silent Hill was like what it was like. It's just you theorizing in place of the snippets of information the game provides. The only force I can think of that comes close is that of Xuchilpaba, but even then I don't know if that's the same thing or if it's true.
azrael
Just Passing Through

Post by azrael »

Krist. wrote:I'm not even talking about you. Cheers.
Oh, I thought you were, my bad...
Krist. wrote:Well the point is, your explanation of an 'entity' isn't really touched on to help explain why, previously, before Alessa, Silent Hill was like what it was like. It's just you theorizing in place of the snippets of information the game provides. The only force I can think of that comes close is that of Xuchilpaba, but even then I don't know if that's the same thing or if it's true.
My explanation wasn't really an explanation...it's more of a question, like the title of this thread. As for Xuchilpaba/Xuchilbara, do we even know where he came from? He/She/It is only mentioned in SH3, right?

I haven't posted in awhile, and this particular thread really interested me as I have always wanted to know the reason of Silent Hill. I would pay millions to have Team Silent make a game, write a book, anything to give us some answers...
Mis Krist.

Post by Mis Krist. »

Well, there's been some belief--lemme find it for you, though it may take some time--that Xuchilpaba is related to the Book of Crimson Ceremony. In fact, I think the name might even be mentioned in it? I don't want to say anything for sure, so don't quote me on any of this stuff. But regardless, it shows that Xuchilpaba, or "the Red God" is an old religious figure of the area, as well as the belief that he/she/it has control over the dead.
hollywood-01

Post by hollywood-01 »

azrael wrote:
Krist. wrote:I wish some people would try and think for themselves.
You know, I was well aware of St. Thomas's timeline, as to the clues in the games themselves, so I know about the things that have been happening to the town.

I'm not ignorant...I was thinking for myself. I never said anything about 'when' or anything relating to the Order. Your reply doesn't explain anything anyway...neither does the game, of course. I was simply stating my opinion and thoughts on the subject in this thread.

Your idea is excellent, some people in this site like to act like if they know it all, silent hill is metaphorical people can intrepid it the way they want. But I do agree with you on your entity theory.
azrael
Just Passing Through

Post by azrael »

hollywood-01 wrote: Your idea is excellent, some people in this site like to act like if they know it all, silent hill is metaphorical people can intrepid it the way they want. But I do agree with you on your entity theory.
I'm glad that you agree. Remember something, however: there are plenty of people on this site who practically know it all, so don't disregard other people's comments. Like Krist. said, learn to think for yourself, which is what you are doing.

She also got me all excited about Xuchilbara now, off to go play some SH2/3!
Mis Krist.

Post by Mis Krist. »

Alright, I contacted a grand poobah and this is what I found.

Xuchilpaba is mentioned in The Book Of Lost Memory, about the ceremony to resurrect the dead, how the narrator relies on "his [unwavering] faith in Xuchilpaba."

We also know that the ceremony requires The Book of Crimson Ceremony, whose opening line is "Speak, I am the Crimson One." (Crimson One = Red God?)

The BoCC also goes on about bringing back the dead and such.

Ernest from the BFAW scenario was trying to resurrect his dead daughter. You need a black, white and red plate to put on a gravestone in order to complete some part of the puzzle. He also asks you, Maria, to obtain the White Chrism for him. I presume he has access to most everything else but that--he may have the BoCC at his home, if not Lost Memory. I can't recall which it is, specifically, though I think it is BoLM.

So there you have it. Not really a stand out FACT but a nice connection that gets the brain cogs churning.
azrael
Just Passing Through

Post by azrael »

Well then, I guess you're right. Xuchilpaba is the closest thing to an 'entity' in SH. Awesome!
The Adversary
RESPECT

Post by The Adversary »

There are numerous "entities" in Silent Hill. . . .
This post is the property of its author and is not to be used elsewhere without explicit permission from the author.

. . . AND THAT'S THAT.
azrael
Just Passing Through

Post by azrael »

The Adversary wrote:There are numerous "entities" in Silent Hill. . . .
Are you referring to Lobsel Vith, Xuchilbara and the Incubus? I'm just trying to figure out who caused all the crap that happens in Silent Hill, the original being responsible for its craziness.
BloodRedLion
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by BloodRedLion »

No one being "causes" the Otherworld in Silent Hill 2. No one has manifest control over it like in 1, 3, and to an extent, 4.
AuraTwilight

Post by AuraTwilight »

Are you referring to Lobsel Vith, Xuchilbara and the Incubus? I'm just trying to figure out who caused all the crap that happens in Silent Hill, the original being responsible for its craziness.
Try "The humans who are experiencing it."

The Otherworld is basically solipsism on meth.
[quote="BlackFire2"]I thought he meant the special powers of her vagina.[/quote]
JuriDawn
SHH Cult Subscriber
SHH Cult Subscriber

Post by JuriDawn »

azrael wrote:I'm just trying to figure out who caused all the crap that happens in Silent Hill, the original being responsible for its craziness.
You might want to poke around the Silent Hill General Discussion forum for that. Amphreded has a nice theory here.
azrael wrote:
The Adversary wrote:There are numerous "entities" in Silent Hill. . . .
Are you referring to Lobsel Vith, Xuchilbara and the Incubus?
en·ti·ty - 1. something that has a real existence; thing: corporeal entities.
Harry is an entity. The handgun is an entity. Dahlia's ridiculous tie is an entity.
ForteChef
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by ForteChef »

BloodRedLion wrote:No one being "causes" the Otherworld in Silent Hill 2. No one has manifest control over it like in 1, 3, and to an extent, 4.
Quite true. James, Angela and Eddie have influence on it
4 pointing baby monsters, 3 numb bodies, 2 pyramid heads and a split worm? Where's my trusty blade? This one's going to be easy.