Where did mary die? (spoilers in thread, not title)

James got a letter. From a dead person. Oh dear.

Moderator: Moderators

The Adversary
RESPECT

Re: Where did mary die? (spoilers in thread, not title)

Post by The Adversary »

It is the real place, though. I mean, as much as real places Brookhaven Hospital and Wish House are. They physically exist, and what we see in the otherworld is a manifestation of that actual location.
This post is the property of its author and is not to be used elsewhere without explicit permission from the author.

. . . AND THAT'S THAT.
Droo

Post by Droo »

The Adversary wrote: 05 Oct 2022 It is the real place, though. I mean, as much as real places Brookhaven Hospital and Wish House are. They physically exist, and what we see in the otherworld is a manifestation of that actual location.
They may be loosely based on real places, but their geography often makes no sense. The Building World. In particular makes zero sense in its layout.

My point remains that I don't see why any references to Mary would penetrate Walter's own created world in Ashfield away from Silent Hill. I'm open to be convinced though :p
"Oh yeah, I've been here before
I can see it with eyes closed
Shadows that look like blood
Dead as far as the mind goes
Fear that comes from my head
Lives in the mirror"
The Adversary
RESPECT

Post by The Adversary »

>They may be loosely based on real places, but their geography often makes no sense.<
Walter's world is all connected via the umbilical cord. Sure, it's a different otherworld, in a sense, but the St. Jerome's we see in SILENT HILL 4: THE ROOM would look nearly identical to the real-world St. Jerome's.

And in each Otherworld, there are aspects or remnants of Alessa, or Mary, or whoever. The Virun VII Crest appears in SILENT HILL 2. The Mandarins, for example, become the Closers. It's not far of a stretch, then, for something from SILENT HILL 2 to appear in THE ROOM.
This post is the property of its author and is not to be used elsewhere without explicit permission from the author.

. . . AND THAT'S THAT.