Nine save points

James got a letter. From a dead person. Oh dear.

Moderator: Moderators

The Adversary
RESPECT

Post by The Adversary »

Seems like that's a lot of people's opinions...
This post is the property of its author and is not to be used elsewhere without explicit permission from the author.

. . . AND THAT'S THAT.
Fungo
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by Fungo »

I didn't notice that; didn't read the third page.

And:
That's what I always thought...also cuz it's the last save point in the game.
It is the last save point in the game. :wink:
xxpray_for_DeaTh
Just Passing Through

Post by xxpray_for_DeaTh »

i was thinking that it had something to do with saving your game. like when u save, its kind of like saving a memory, and since this game has alot to do with memories?. does that make any sense..i guess its stupid.
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v329/afikicksbooty/B1TCH/silent.jpg[/img]

Even in daytime darkness will cover the sun.
NightFlutter
Hope House Careworker

Post by NightFlutter »

xxpray_for_DeaTh wrote:i was thinking that it had something to do with saving your game. like when u save, its kind of like saving a memory, and since this game has alot to do with memories?. does that make any sense..i guess its stupid.
It'd help if you could fit in why there's 9 save points/memories into your theory...
[url=http://www.myspace.com/unknown_monkeyman][img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v608/ForgotAboutDre/My%20Creations/Sigs/SigPro.jpg[/img][/url]
[i]“Standing above the crowd...he had a voice that was strong and loud."[/i]
White Zombie
Just Passing Through

Post by White Zombie »

Pink_isnt_well000 wrote:I believe it means...SAVE because they next thing is a mo fo!!
Yeah I like "SAVE STUPID BECAUSE THE END IS NEAR AND IT'S A LITTLE TOUGH!" This is one thing in #2 we can avoid theorizing.
Douglas: Where are you going?
Heather: I’m taking the subway home.
Douglas: What should I do?
Heather: Hell if I know.
B5160-R
Historical Society Historian

Post by B5160-R »

3 x 3 equals 9.
[ Un-Space Exploration - UE photo blog ]
Skele
Subway Guard

Post by Skele »

Ulver09 wrote:but not looking into things is no fun at all!
True, but this is overanalyzing. looking into things is fun, but people start overanalyzing something as irrellevant as the number of save points in a game and then it gets some theory of it's own and us people who think it's just a coincidence get called wrong.

it gets old
The Adversary
RESPECT

Post by The Adversary »

Maybe if we count all of the save points throughout the entire game, they'll be divisible by three!?
This post is the property of its author and is not to be used elsewhere without explicit permission from the author.

. . . AND THAT'S THAT.
White Zombie
Just Passing Through

Post by White Zombie »

the Adversary wrote:Maybe if we count all of the save points throughout the entire game, they'll be divisible by three!?
Didn't someone post that they were re-playing the game and was going to count the saves so we can solve this question? How close are you to finishing?
Douglas: Where are you going?
Heather: I’m taking the subway home.
Douglas: What should I do?
Heather: Hell if I know.
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

White Zombie wrote:
the Adversary wrote:Maybe if we count all of the save points throughout the entire game, they'll be divisible by three!?
Didn't someone post that they were re-playing the game and was going to count the saves so we can solve this question? How close are you to finishing?
Me? No I didn't do that in the end. I get the impression it won't mean much. All I can say is I'm pretty sure there are more than nine.
The Adversary
RESPECT

Post by The Adversary »

Yeah, and mine was a joke.

. . . AND THAT'S THAT.
Fungo
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by Fungo »

Don't forget the save point in the trailer (where you get the hyperspray!).
Burning Man

Post by Burning Man »

He who is not bold enough
to be stared at from across
the abyss is not bold enough
to stare into it himself.

Try counting the number of holes and hole-like passages that you have to traverse through.
© 2003-2022 Burning Man.
The contents of this post may only be used within the boundaries of www.silenthillforum.com.
Any usage outside of the aforementioned forum is strictly prohibited.
Glazarus

Post by Glazarus »

B5160-R wrote:3 x 3 equals 9.
My first movie was called "369". It's my personal "magic" number and from what I can see, many numbers and geometrical forms can be drawn out of these three numbers...

...and I'm not a numerologist, but that number is interesting.
[url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S0ZO3_UaUJs&fmt=22][img]http://img440.imageshack.us/img440/4855/psalm21banner.jpg[/img][/url]
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

Glazarus wrote:
B5160-R wrote:3 x 3 equals 9.
My first movie was called "369". It's my personal "magic" number and from what I can see, many numbers and geometrical forms can be drawn out of these three numbers...

...and I'm not a numerologist, but that number is interesting.
I don't really know about geometry, but at least, whenever I see multipled numbers of 3 in this game, I think about James, Angela, and Eddie.
Like 3 coins, 3 music boxes, or 6 hung men.
Glazarus

Post by Glazarus »

Precise... 3, 6 and 9 are common numbers... my birthday is day 3 of the 9th month :D
[url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S0ZO3_UaUJs&fmt=22][img]http://img440.imageshack.us/img440/4855/psalm21banner.jpg[/img][/url]
fragilen1n
Cafe5to2 Waitress

you may want to look at this

Post by fragilen1n »

Great-grandparents is kinda redundant isn't it? Because they're not your grandparents, shouldn't they just be your greatparents?
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

Well.. there's 6 houses of Xibalba...
Empty_Eyes

Bleh

Post by Empty_Eyes »

For those who want to delve deeper then this is one of those things, that is most likely a layer. To those who don't, skip it. But despite whatever beliefs you hold, numbers have held significance to various cultures through out history, and the number nine is one of those numbers. The theory of the ego/god to me is the most plausiable. James comes to the realazation that he is "god" in his world, that he most retain control of the world. It's letting the player know in advance that he is transcending the weak shell, and that he will soon arise to his paradise.

I highly doubt it just means you NEED to save. The game designers aren't that sloppy, and could get that same effect with one large save point.
Ophiel42
Just Passing Through

The 9 Savepoints

Post by Ophiel42 »

I am also of the opinion that these are purely a warning. Throughout Silent Hill 2, save points crop up here and there and they don't look particularly startling. The fact that 9 are suddenly in front of you tells me that YOU'D BETTER SAVE NOW. It's a pretty clever thing which has been done. Lets face it - if there was only the one red rectangle there (an ordinary savepoint) how many of us would have simply ignored it and charged into the hell hole next door? The fact that there is a grid causes suspicion. You are sure they are save points, but had better examine it just in case it's a puzzle. Therefore the save game screen appears and it's likely you'll save for the hell of it.

Someone else pointed out that this is a hotel we're in when we reach this point. How do we known that the 9 save points weren't previously photos of staff members or slots for each room on that floor where mail could be left? :roll:
BlacK PsyKology - A special place where few dare to tread, where enlightenment clouds vision and where time is but a plaything.