The "I got it" & Impressions thread

Truck drivin' Travis detours into Silent Hill. Tree Top Tall & Wall-to-Wall, Good Buddy.

Moderator: Moderators

Numb Body01
Historical Society Historian

Post by Numb Body01 »

Got it today:

This game is SO good, I'm in the Sanitarium. :D
Music created by the fans, for the fans. . . . . . . . . . . . . . Vol. 1 | Vol. 2 | Vol. 3
shinkeidei
Just Passing Through

Post by shinkeidei »

I just got the game and I just started playing, so far it looks so great, gameplay looks smooth and perfect for potable, graphics and sound looks and sounds sooooooo great!!!!!!!!
"Hello darkness my old friend"
Mr.FLOOT
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by Mr.FLOOT »

I loved it. Graphics are brilliant and I really enjoyed the storyline......shame about how short it is though. I got it the friday and finished it the saturday lol.

I need to get the other 2 endings now though :D.

I'm glad i bought my PSP for this game though
spunkytexan
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by spunkytexan »

I noticed a hangup after entering some large rooms

One thing to remember, the PSP Slim has 64 megs of ram instead of 32, so it is twice as fast. Mine is very quick on loading.
Now the dream of this life must end, and so, too, must the dreamers within it.
HeresJohnny
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by HeresJohnny »

As far as items breaking, I would have liked it if the metal melee weapons didn't break. It would have been nice if nothing broke. I'm glad the guns didn't break, and it was good that Travis's fists didn't break either. :wink: Overall I had an awesome time playing this game. Nice graphics too. It makes me appreciate my psp more than I did before.
SonOfSpardaDude
Just Passing Through

Post by SonOfSpardaDude »

Wow, I got this a week ago and beat it too, and it's AWESOME; I love it, including the return of guns like the hunting rifle and the shotgun, plus new things like Dead Rising-style melee weapons and night vision goggles (funny, SH beat RE to using NVG even though RE is more high-tech.) plus the graphics and music were just so amazing!
[b][color=Red]The world was a sandbox for Man, made by God. But thou destruction of the world was not of God's, but of Man's desire to ever expand beyond over. And thus we cower within our guilt.[/color][/b]
MEGADETH
Just Passing Through

Post by MEGADETH »

i hated the melee weapon at first because it can be broken but after beating the cedar crematorium stage i reliased that i still got TONS of melee weapon unused. i havent use my handgun up to this point.

its interesting that travis use those various weapon in various way... like slashing & stabbing the monster with katana! and that we can use our hand to punch those monster in the face.

the graphic is awesome, surprisingly really good for PSP.

overall i really enjoy this game, and i'm happy already that i have a new silent hill game to play since some years ago.
Scarlet

Post by Scarlet »

Finished the game today. It's far too short! Loved it, but I want more!
redize
Just Passing Through

Post by redize »

Hi all. I got this game last week some time and couldn't wait to play it.
I was amazed at the quality of the graphics, and the way it played, but totally agree with the other comments about it being a little short.
I've finished it twice and collected most of the accolades so still have to play some more.
I thought it was pretty cool the way they made references to the film ie: the barbed wire across the toilet cubicle (where Colin the janitor resided).
All in all, totally pleased with the game! :D
[img]http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a42/redize/Avatars%20-%20Sigs/689501a9-1.jpg[/img]
crucifix

Post by crucifix »

i was surprised by how good it was; better than SH4, in my opinion. the audio flashbacks were brilliant and managed to creep me out every time, especially in that weird forest stage of the alternate theatre - which, by the way, was an awesome area. i loved the sanitorium as well, very eerie. i didn't care for travis at first, but as his story progressed i empathized with him a lot. great character, interesting background. the music and sound effects were killer, and they were really helped with headphones.

i have a few qualms... it was a little too short, and all the old characters weren't really fleshed out. climax could have done so much more with that. also, the monsters were pretty boring (though i did like the "remnants") after the initial shock of encountering them.

overall, i was satisfied, though i would have liked to learn more about the recurring characters.
no longer active. thanks for the memories.
game_over
Hope House Careworker

Post by game_over »

Buying the game resulted in the loss of my PS2, but it was worth it.

Just finished the game in 47 minuts. All costumes are now unlocked.
BlackDahlia
Just Passing Through

Post by BlackDahlia »

Yeah like some others have said I was a bit disappointed that it didn't give reveal much more about the events of Silent Hill 1. I was also hoping to find out the identity of Alessa's dad :(

But I still thought in kept in the atmosphere of the previous games. I particularly liked the Sanitorium.
PeachySakura24

Post by PeachySakura24 »

I got it about 3 days ago, and I just finished the theater stage. I have mixed feelings so far. It is beautiful to look at, and fun to play, but there are SO many monsters! And I am not liking what they did to Lisa thus far, nor am I too crazy about how weird little Alessa is, but I guess I will see what happens the further I go.
devils_dreams
Just Passing Through

Post by devils_dreams »

I got Origins a while ago, tried to play it during my lunch break at work, but it was always too bright. Don't take the train anymore either, and I usually don't play the PSP at home.
Like what I've played of it so far tho
PeachySakura24

Post by PeachySakura24 »

Ok, I finished my first time through and have started on the second so I can get the Bad and UFO endings. It was pretty short for a Silent Hill game, but it's not so bad. You can definitely tell it wasn't made by Team Silent, but that is not entirely a bad thing. I liked the shout out to the forum in the credits, lol. That was pretty sweet.
Doomstench
Just Passing Through

Post by Doomstench »

I just finished my first run through the game and I'm pleased I picked it up. It was all visually pleasing, new monsters were all sweet, and the soundtrack was great. The story wasn't as enlightening as the title of the game suggested it would be but meh. It kept me interested.

Now for the complaints. I need to get some of this of my chest and I don't know anyone else who's played it so I'll do it here. <.<

The game was far too easy. I never came close to death once and that's including all boss fights. The game became less suspenseful for me towards the end when I realized it had peaked in difficulty and I was going to get out of Silent Hill with only a few scratches. I also thought it odd how much ammunition and melee weaponory you came across. No exaggeration, I had about 30 melee weapons by the end of the game. They gave you so much gun ammo that it wasn't even necessary to risk getting close to the monsters with a meat cleaver or toaster. The puzzles weren't as difficult as I'd like them to be either. Some required a minute of two of thought and some note pad doodling but none were brain rackers.

*sigh*
Alright, end of my bitching. I give the game a 7.5/10. It was everything a Silent Hill game on a hand held system could be.
[img]http://i121.photobucket.com/albums/o226/Drotho/LeftHand2-1.png[/img]
alisonclmbs
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by alisonclmbs »

Ok I finally took the plunge and shelled out $200 for the game and psp (as a result of me foregoing my overdue credit card bill :( ) Anyhoo, overall I was pleased with the game. Great graphics, storyline and plenty of suspense.
My only gripe is the melee weapons, like a lot of other people. I don't have a problem with the selection of melee weapons. However, a tire iron should not break after a couple of swings! Toaster and bottles I can understand breaking.
Also I didn't like the way Alessa was in the game. They portrayed her as more sinister instead of the victim. Thats my opinion anyway. Still glad I'm able to play the game though. No regrets!
"A man chooses. A slave obeys" Andrew Ryan-Bioshock

[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v38/maddartist/heathersig.jpg[/img]

Thx to Maddartist for my avatar & banner
David01
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by David01 »

I loved this game, very suspenseful, very scary. My only real complaint, is with the fact that the game is entirely too short. It took me roughly 3 hours to complete, however that being said this game does have replayability It keeps you coming back to get all the extra costumes, and escolades. I also liked the Atmosphere of this game, very Silent Hill. This game also gave me the creeps on more than one occasion... almost made me piss my pants. Also this game had a rather Errie feeling to it from the start like all Silent Hill games. Characters were well designed and played out, however I felt like most that Lisa could have been portrayed better. Travis was an okay character, however I felt they could have jumped a bit deeper into his past than they did. Overall an 8.5 out of 10 good game, not the best of the series but certainly not the worst either.
The only way for evil to continue, is for good men to do nothing!!!!
LanceS133

Post by LanceS133 »

David01 wrote:It keeps you coming back to get all the extra costumes, and escolades.
Damn, your version gives you Escalades? Mine only gives Accolades :(

;)

I feel ya on every one of your opinions.
"That town. That God forsaken town. It just, keeps, calling me back..."
PeachySakura24

Post by PeachySakura24 »

That was the best typo ever! I wish mine spit out Escolades every time I beat it!
So, I for a week after I got it, I kept having dreams that I was running around the motel with my friends trying to find something, and giant versions of people I don't like were chasing me around. I haven't had a dream so cool since I watched the first 2 Resident Evil movie for 2 days in a row, and I dreamt that my friends and I encountered zombie versions of ex friends and boyfriends, and we met up with the people at my dance studio, and we had a big Thriller dance-off against the zombies.
I now officially love SH:0 for inspiring such a dream.