Boxart

Ten years after the original game and Harry's still searching for his daughter.

Moderator: Moderators

Kerrigan
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by Kerrigan »

LN2 HILL.
So, Like it, Hate it, or Meh-tastic?

The last one.
neonblack
Hope House Careworker

Post by neonblack »

Really cliche. Not feeling it.

Atleast we now know that Harry/Cheryl died in a snowstorm/freezed to death and that's why the otherworld is frozen over.
"Blessed is the lion which becomes man when consumed by man; and cursed is the man whom the lion consumes, and the lion becomes man."
[size=84]The Gospel of Thomas, logion 7.[/size]
Burning Man
Historical Society Historian

Post by Burning Man »

If that Cheryl came toward me whispering "Daddy...," I think I would crap my pants.
neonblack wrote:Atleast we now know that Harry/Cheryl died in a snowstorm/freezed to death and that's why the otherworld is frozen over.
Let's hope it won't be that obvious.
© 2003-2022 Burning Man.
The contents of this post may only be used within the boundaries of www.silenthillforum.com.
Any usage outside of the aforementioned forum is strictly prohibited.
Disfigurator
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by Disfigurator »

Meh - there are no SH-ish elements, just generic mystery-horror ones.

Look at SH1 cover (here on - PAL covers) - no distinct lines, all is blurred into some kind of predefined revelation, yet unknown to the player;
Look at SH2 cover - same tactic is here - some disturbing close up;
SH3 and SH4 - the same goes here - something revealing, surreal, yet unknown.

But here - frozen well known child (I don't find icy theme so WIN - I am fan of fans and bloody rusted things) and belowed town in background and no surrealism at all except the known fact that this is icy otherworld. But it looks like general, lets say, Alaska landscape with unlucky child (this landskape doesn't creeps me out too). And I think that there is not much of horror elements anyway - child on swing? C'mon - cliche from last 6 decades of Horror making. And icy stuff looks like "meh" picture as well - not as scary as it should be (let's hope, that this doesn't depict the mediocrity of Horror content in game). No WIN, but no FAIL eather.

Mediocrity. "Meh".

And ice in general: there is no "dirt" element in there - all is clean, polished and shining, and smelling of ocean-fresh perfume. Refreshing?! Not in the good sense, imho.
Ratiocinator
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by Ratiocinator »

I like it pretty good. It's a hell of a lot better than Homecoming's NTSC art like others have said. I feel it's pushing the ice theme a tad bit too much but that's a minor, minor critique about it from me.
Burning Man wrote:
neonblack wrote:Atleast we now know that Harry/Cheryl died in a snowstorm/freezed to death and that's why the otherworld is frozen over.
Let's hope it won't be that obvious.
Amen ten fold. Although it'd be funny as hell if the game's box art can potentially ruin the ending!
Vixx
Founder & Administrator
Founder & Administrator

Post by Vixx »

I'm always a little skeptical of cover art - so many people kick ass at making their own, it's hard to tell the fakes from the real ones - but I really like this.

Would be good to have confirmation from Konami that this is legit.
V xx

© 2003-2024 Vixx. The contents of this post may only be used within the boundaries of silenthillforum.com. Any usage outside of the aforementioned forum is strictly prohibited. No, I can't believe this place is still up and running, either.
Kairu
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by Kairu »

It's a little too in your face for me, kinda of like it's saying, "well look at me, I'm a mature horror game on the lil' ole Wii." If its the real case I wouldn't mind, it's interesting if not slightly cliché.
Matt S
Gravedigger

Post by Matt S »

Its obvious but creepy all at once. At least in America, I've hated pretty much every Silent Hill cover........but its all about the game for me. I like the idea of a 'child in danger' theme to the cover. The whole fear of losing Cheryl is pretty much the story, so the cover works on that level.....
RIP Silent Hills
saevitia
Woodside Apartments Janitor

Post by saevitia »

Not my favorite cover, but not bad none the less.

I agree that Cheryl could have been more incorporated into the bkg, she looks a little punched it. That said, I do like the atmosphere of the work.
Skele
Subway Guard

Post by Skele »

don't like it. would've been better had Cheryl been further back, standing, blended in with the fog.
kideatsu
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by kideatsu »

Wow - the best boxart for a SH game I've seen since SH2.
PyramidFace
Just Passing Through

Post by PyramidFace »

kideatsu wrote:Wow - the best boxart for a SH game I've seen since SH2.
These are my thoughts as well. I'm surprised so many people aren't keen on it.
jthomp1286
SHH Cult Subscriber
SHH Cult Subscriber

Post by jthomp1286 »

I can't say that I like it. The whole frozen Cheryl thing is a little over the top. It doesn't feel frightening.
Under the burning sun I take a look around
Imagine if this all came down
Vixx
Founder & Administrator
Founder & Administrator

Post by Vixx »

... And people say Silent Hill fans are picky. Pft.

:P
V xx

© 2003-2024 Vixx. The contents of this post may only be used within the boundaries of silenthillforum.com. Any usage outside of the aforementioned forum is strictly prohibited. No, I can't believe this place is still up and running, either.
saevitia
Woodside Apartments Janitor

Post by saevitia »

Vixx, I have a theory its because Silent Hill fans are neurotic. XD
Vixx
Founder & Administrator
Founder & Administrator

Post by Vixx »

^ Heh. :)

I can confirm that is the real deal, guys.
V xx

Hannah
Hope House Careworker

Post by Hannah »

I like it. She looks like a little sister. Bioshock was a good game. Therefor, this game must be good!

D: GOSH I hope we don't have to harvest a bunch of icy Cheryls.
¿Qué carajo estás haciendo aquí? ¡Lárgate, cabrón!

Y'know what I don't hate?
l33tspaniard
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by l33tspaniard »

Hannah wrote:I like it. She looks like a little sister. Bioshock was a good game. Therefor, this game must be good!

D: GOSH I hope we don't have to harvest a bunch of icy Cheryls.
Fuck yes, Harry Mason setting fire to Dahlia with incinerate and then sicking bees on her with insect swarm. DELICIOUS VENGEANCE.
kideatsu
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by kideatsu »

Ohhh my.... well, I guess some SH fans are neurotic in a sense. There as to be something wrong with you if you enjoy beating nurses to death with metal pipes and then kicking them as they squirm on the ground. Or maybe that's normal to some...it's more normal to me than listening to rap lol.

Because of this thread I believe I'm going to laugh every time I see the boxart now... :D
Wilson
Just Passing Through

Post by Wilson »

Pretty lame out the ass to be blunt. What ever happened to the covers being at least mildly ambiguous? A screen of Harry's car in the the snowstorm with the door open would suffice ten-fold compared to this (keeps it at least a tad mysterious, and it would be nostalgic of the original game), this is just really generic.