What was your favorite / freaky / cool moment in the game???

Ten years after the original game and Harry's still searching for his daughter.

Moderator: Moderators

Rakoth
Just Passing Through

Post by Rakoth »

I forgot to add my favorite moment in my last post - Doh! And I didn't realize that that number was.. what it was.

Getting to the end cabin in the Woods, just after the lodge and right before the Nightmare sequence. The lodge itself was freaky-deaky. That small cabin was like whoa, especially given the voice-message you can pick up right before it.
Suiko
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by Suiko »

I finally found another playthrough of someone who got to the movie theater,
PRIME_BBCODE_SPOILER_SHOW PRIME_BBCODE_SPOILER:
The face that showed up on the screen was drastically different from mine, hell, the one they got wasn't even scary. Mine literally stunned me though, it just had its eyes open but looked dead, and it was in black and white. Even the sounds that came with their video was different, it sounded like a car crash...mine was deep demonic voices lol.
Oh, it should've been, could've been worse than you would ever know.
Well, you told me about nowhere well it sounds like someplace I'd like to go.
overachiever547
Gravedigger

Post by overachiever547 »

I just generally enjoyed the puzzles of the game, which actually made me think for a bit before getting the result. Also, while simple, any of the physics based interactions were pretty cool and really drew me into the game.

In terms of actual moments, the labyrinth area was pretty awesome, since it actually felt like I was burrowing through someone's mind rather than a physical place, with each room representing a continually distorted thought or memory (the spatial/gravitational variations of the bedroom/living room were pretty mind-blowing). The falling sequences were just awesome.

I also really enjoyed the lake sequence. Swimming towards the light was a great reference to rowing your boat across Toluca Lake in SH2, and the sheer feeling of distance that you feel that you cover (both running and swimming) was pretty fantastic. Swimming with the controller and seeing the different sculptures below the lake was pretty cool. Also, finally reaching the "light house" and finding that it doesn't have a tower...and looks like a doctor's office... just masterful.
Hurm...
Terminus
Gravedigger

Post by Terminus »

I didn't notice the sculptures when I did that section. I was too occupied with the light I guess. I'll have to look for those the next time I play.
Shattered
Just Passing Through

Post by Shattered »

My favorite sequence was the very end, starting with when the raw shocks freeze up to the very end. Swimming through the ice water towards the light and looking down at the statues was INCREDIBLE. It was probably the single most surreal experience I have ever had in a video game. I loved it.
Empyrean
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by Empyrean »

I thought the art room puzzle was the best part of the game, very creative. I did find the puzzles to be very easy.
Terminus
Gravedigger

Post by Terminus »

On my second play-through, I noticed something cool in
PRIME_BBCODE_SPOILER_SHOW PRIME_BBCODE_SPOILER:
the labyrinth in Harry's house.
The second time that you jump into the abyss, if you look at the orientations of the rooms on your way "down," you will notice that you are actually falling up.
deadwulf7

Post by deadwulf7 »

The cabin in the woods which leads to the otherworld...

For some reason seeing that bloody hand print on the door really shivered me up lol
Escapist
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by Escapist »

"Nowhere" or whatever is called. It was "osom" and stuff. Easily the best part of the game.

Loved the room with Cheroll. Oh, and the Wii-lchair, of course xD
Drainage64
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by Drainage64 »

The Abyss in this game was amazing and I also loved the house coloring part where I colored my house blue with a red door and then was shocked to find that my house was blue with the same red door..and even the couple's shirts were the same colors I did..wow
-=Let's Positive thinking=-
kisulisu
Just Passing Through

Post by kisulisu »

The house coloring part is pretty amazing. I colored my house pink and then decided to color over it with red. When I got to it in the game the house was red, but the paint was flaking and there was pink showing through. :shock:
Not Gonna Get Me
Gravedigger

Post by Not Gonna Get Me »

Well this is not a freaky moment, but one of the funniest moments for me is when you are driving with Dahlia and she asks if Harry remembers "Sid and Nancy". When Harry says that she doesn't know then Dahlia said "My tits, you named them, remember?" That threw me completely off guard and I laughed out loud , something that rarely happens in Silent Hill games (and I don't mind that, they aren't comedy games :) ).

Also the whole Appartment nightmare section was perfectly done, expecially the long stairs down. It reminded me so much of Silent Hill 2
cascade88
Historical Society Historian

Post by cascade88 »

I think one of the freakiest was falling the first time down to the labyrinth. As Harry was falling, this like frozen ice sculpture Cheryl started falling down as well, in front of him, and it scared the bejeebus out of me.
єเภ ןє๔єг єภﻮєl เรt รςђгєςкlเςђ
warfare315
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by warfare315 »

The walk to the lighthouse on the frozen lake was pretty creepy/ suspenseful.
Another frequency perpetuated into context, trapped in the eternal paradox.
vaporeyesofficial.bandcamp.com
Facebook.com/vaporeyesofficial
Des573
Just Passing Through

Post by Des573 »

I liked the how some areas looked similar to the original (Shopping Center).
phantomess
Moderator & Cult Member
Moderator & Cult Member

Post by phantomess »

Probably my favorite moment was swimming across the lake and realizing I could look down and see stuff at the bottom. Then I got kind of freaked out and tried to swim quickly, heh.
OrlandoEastwood
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by OrlandoEastwood »

I called Dahlia at one point in the game and the song Shot Down in Flames from Silent Hill Origins was playing in the background.

The phone call you get from Cheryl when she tells you that you cannot fight them and that you have to run. It was in the trailer for the game, but it was scarier in the game how it was distorted audio and such.
www.orlandoeastwoodfilms.tk // http://orlando-eastwood.tripod.com
[url=http://www.youtube.com/user/OrlandoEastwoodFilms?feature=mhw4#p/a]Click here to view the Teaser Trailer & Behind the Scenes footage of [i]Trauma[/i]![/url]
ww_andi
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by ww_andi »

I have played throught he game 3 times, watched my wife play through it as well. You know that cabin you go in with the stuffed animals and such

Well when my brother got there i was very surprised to see when he opened the door
that his cabin was nothing but a dead torn open bear on a table with chains connected to the roof

freaked me the fuck out, didn't know it could change that much !!!!!!!
pj
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by pj »

The desperate call you get from Cheryl in the sewers when she starts begging you "not to come" sends shivers up my spine every time I hear it (and makes me really damn sad now that I know what's going on)
Cursed
Just Passing Through

Post by Cursed »

Suiko wrote:It was also really weird when you're in the sewer and you see that fish in the drain with a hook in its mouth, so you yank on it and it flops around, pukes, dies. I just sorta thought wtf I thought it was already dead, grabbed the ring, and kept going.
Seconded. I just kinda sat there, turned to my friend: "..did that fish just puke?"