What was your favorite / freaky / cool moment in the game???

Ten years after the original game and Harry's still searching for his daughter.

Moderator: Moderators

Suiko
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by Suiko »

Ok well, I just did part of a second playthrough and something in the school freaked me straight out.
PRIME_BBCODE_SPOILER_SHOW PRIME_BBCODE_SPOILER:
In the room with the projector, the first time I played it was something about mosquitoes. It was sort of creepy what they were saying in context but not too bad. Well the second time? It was straight up, just a picture of Baphomet(SP?), or at least I think that's the name of that demon. No words, no explanation, just a picture of a demon on a classroom projector, it was not what I was expecting.
Oh, it should've been, could've been worse than you would ever know.
Well, you told me about nowhere well it sounds like someplace I'd like to go.
in zero
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by in zero »

Suiko wrote:Ok well, I just did part of a second playthrough and something in the school freaked me straight out.
In the room with the projector, the first time I played it was something about mosquitoes. It was sort of creepy what they were saying in context but not too bad. Well the second time? It was straight up, just a picture of Baphomet(SP?), or at least I think that's the name of that demon. No words, no explanation, just a picture of a demon on a classroom projector, it was not what I was expecting.
That's... actually pretty terrifying.. and I agree with l33tspaniard. Wii-lchair sounds like a 10/10 to me!
Burning Man
Historical Society Historian

Post by Burning Man »

l33tspaniard wrote:Wii-lchair, even.
Haha, you're alright!
© 2003-2022 Burning Man.
The contents of this post may only be used within the boundaries of www.silenthillforum.com.
Any usage outside of the aforementioned forum is strictly prohibited.
Suiko
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by Suiko »

I seriously keep finding so many new things on this new playthrough,
The first time I played through I found the reef on a tree in the woods that sent an echo talking about how a kid killed himself to join his dead brother. Well...second playthrough I'm messing around in the underground sewage area right next to that, and I notice you can jump over a railing in the underpass. I proceed to do so, and find a ghost picture to take...of the first dead brother behind the sewer bars with his hands gripping the bars as he drowns. That was just messed up, I always wondered during the first playthrough what that was about, well, I REALLY know now.
Mina Fairway
Just Passing Through

Post by Mina Fairway »

In the school's art classroom, when you call the number after completing the puzzle, my heart sank when I saw I was calling "Shadows". I was on the edge of my seat as it rang, and when they answered, I had to pause it to wait for my heart to slow down. Didn't help that I had to save and quit before leaving the room, so I had to call all over again when I started playing again.

On my first playthrough, I refused to go into the lodge without my mother sitting next to me, because dead animals squick me out, and if I've learned anything from playing Silent Hill and Resident Evil, things that look dead and scary have a tendency of getting up and attacking you. I was fine after going up to the stupid bear though, and was pretty amazed by the amount of detail to it. I found myself gazing into its insides like they would tell me my future. :\

But my favorite moments would definitely have to be when you're sitting in the car with a frozen Dahlia, the car freezes, and the words start appearing in the ice, and swimming to the lighthouse, and looking down at the different ice sculptures.
Also the UFO Ending.
Suiko
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by Suiko »

I watched what ever other playthroughs I could find just to see if anyone else got,
Baphomet (SP?) or which ever demon that was on the school projector and they never get it. Did anyone else here get that? It really freaked me out and it seems like no one has gotten it besides me lol.
Terminus
Gravedigger

Post by Terminus »

I loved all of the parts where you would burst through a door during a nightmare and instantly be back in the normal world. I also loved when
Harry walked into Dr. Kaufman's office
at the end. The Harry's home
nightmare in the Green Lion
was also one of the most memorable parts of the game. I probably would have been more surprised/confused by the
Michelle/Dahlia switch
if I hadn't accidentally spoiled that scene for myself earlier. The bit where the windows of the car start getting written on was also cool. I didn't know what to do at that scene, and ended up turning on the car's radio when I ran out of options, making the scene even freakier.
sh#1fan
Historical Society Historian

Post by sh#1fan »

thagerty wrote:Did anyone else notice that the telescope thing (at the Amusement Park I think), makes at static-like noise when you point it at the Lighthouse???
Its one of the memories~
If you put it in the right position one of the memories comes out. its before the amusment park.

My favorite moment was letting my brother play. he knew nothing at all about this game. when the first raw shock came in the door behind him he jumped like a mile high LMAO Then he started smacking himself in the face with the wii wire trying to escape ROFLMFAO it was SO funny.
oO?
ur-vile
Hope House Careworker

Post by ur-vile »

I got the demon thing in my game.

Anyone get some graffiti about some dog gang? That was constant in mine, though nothing else seemed to mention it.

Didn't find the telescope, must of been the one part of the game I took the wrong door and started a cutscene before I had explored the area thoroughly

Weird that I got so many sexual images but I got the drunk ending, not the 3-way. Trying to <hic> tell me something, Climax?
Suiko
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by Suiko »

Yeah I had a few things with "Dead Dog Gang" on mine. I dunno if it's random or not, but regardless of, I think it might be a throwback reference of the first one with the dead dog.
Endri
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by Endri »

Suiko wrote:I watched what ever other playthroughs I could find just to see if anyone else got,
Baphomet (SP?) or which ever demon that was on the school projector and they never get it. Did anyone else here get that? It really freaked me out and it seems like no one has gotten it besides me lol.
Oh, yes. I got the it in my second playthrough as well, in the playthrough I got the Drunk Dad ending. It was really strange to see it there. Since we are in this subject, on a random playthrough, I got a message about Mr. Gordons. It was something about he couldn't lecture because he had health issues, and it was overwriten with another message (probably by the students), says something along the lines yeah, don't come to the college or we'll brake you another leg. :?

For me, the best moment was the bridge scene, the switchehoo fiesta and the final revelation.

In my second playthrough, all sort of crazy things happened. I played mainly hunging up/not answering every call, not reading any message, not finding echoes, etc (the only two inevitable phone call are Cheryl's in the early begining, Cybil's when the second Nightmare is over and Dahlia's at the end).

Additionally, I like the Wiilchair idea a lot. I might put this idea to fruction.
http://endri.webs.com
[spoiler]Harry's name isn't Harry. Harry is just a nickname. His name is Harrold.
James' actual occupation is clerk.
Heather smoked until the age of 17.
EDIT - INFLAMATORY - T.
Travis is virgin.
Alex's a uninteresting character.

The bushes in the original SMB are also the clouds.

artic[b]UNO[/b], zap[b]DOS[/b], mol[b]TRES[/b][/spoiler]
ur-vile
Hope House Careworker

Post by ur-vile »

Another thing I found odd were codes that I never ended up using. There were some #'s mentioned when you called one of the phone numbers, and 2 unused codes in the school. Maybe it had something to do with the art room since I chose the planetarium instead.
Endri
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by Endri »

I did one in each playthrough, and nothing new.

I tried inserting one of the school codes on Heritan Fisher's computer, but it didn't work as well. Had to reset the password to proceed.

I'm aware of only one unused code in the school:
The girls poster "Number 3 anytime!" - says Harry
[spoiler]Harry's name isn't Harry. Harry is just a nickname. His name is Harrold.
EDIT - INFLAMATORY - T.
Travis is virgin.

ur-vile
Hope House Careworker

Post by ur-vile »

Actually, it was probably nothing considering it was repeated locker graffiti but I took a picture of it anyways, looked like a code but it was hard to make out
Rakoth
Just Passing Through

Post by Rakoth »

Endri wrote:I did one in each playthrough, and nothing new.

I tried inserting one of the school codes on Heritan Fisher's computer, but it didn't work as well. Had to reset the password to proceed.

There is another on they key-panel leading into the gymnasium, if I recall correctly.
Linally
Just Passing Through

Post by Linally »

Favorite -
Ufo ending :c I can quote the whole James part, it's my favorite.
Dr. K: ...James -_-;
James: *sigh* ...Wrong day again...?
Dr. K: See you tomorrow James...*door shuts* One of my couples therapy patients. ...Haven't seen his wife in a while.
Creepy - When you complete the puzzle to find a phone number and call it ;~; My friends did a different puzzle and they had said 'Turn around. The doors unlocked' and mine just said 'The doors are unlocked'. That ties with the end
When you fall from the stairs and the shadow kid is FALLING BESIDE YOU. x.X I wasn't expecting it so it creeped me out
Cool - Pfft, the whole thing was cool. D: Especially
when it gets all trippy at the end and you wonder what Cheryl's on as she's telling the story.
[img]http://zero.nt4u.net/icon/206tota/pio01.gif[/img][img]http://zero.nt4u.net/icon/206tota/guy01.gif[/img][img]http://zero.nt4u.net/icon/206tota/luke02.gif[/img][img]http://zero.nt4u.net/icon/206tota/jade01.gif[/img][img]http://zero.nt4u.net/icon/206tota/dist01.gif[/img][img]http://zero.nt4u.net/icon/206tota/asch01.gif[/img][img]http://zero.nt4u.net/icon/206tota/ion01.gif[/img][img]http://zero.nt4u.net/icon/206tota/mieu01.gif[/img][img]http://zero.nt4u.net/icon/206tota/anise01.gif[/img]
vanbakura
Just Passing Through

Post by vanbakura »

I liked the graffiti in the Scrapyard/Autoparts shop toilet, where it mentioned a cheerleader "was spit roasted by the entire Cuckoos team here" I laughed at that. Also I enjoyed the Cuckoos reference (The village of the Damned).
Unfortunately the part that weirded me out the most was a bug, where in the icy Green Lion, I managed to run through a door that didn't open and I fell into blackness. Upon looking up, I could see the corridors and a bunch of lost Raw Shocks.
vanbakura.deviantart.com
Endri
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by Endri »

Rakoth wrote:
Endri wrote:I did one in each playthrough, and nothing new.

There is another on they key-panel leading into the gymnasium, if I recall correctly.
That's part of the puzzle to get into the gymnasium. The numbers scratched on the keypad panel are
the numbers of the locker that contains the password for that keypad.
EDIT - INFLAMATORY - T.
Travis is virgin.

SGTCOOL
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by SGTCOOL »

On one playthrough I played it as non-sexually as possible, not looking at any girly pinups, saying I was a virgin, etc etc. So when I got to the school the projector in the one classroom was displaying a slide detailing the symptoms of gonorrhea. This was extremely interesting to me, as the game was displaying a possible reason for my characters apparent fear of sex.
Softness
Just Passing Through

Post by Softness »

The coolest scenario was Midwich HighSchool, I really enjoyed the puzzles (Gym door, Planetarium, Art-room, and the Password in Herman computer) and of course, his Raw Shock raping-time. The most frustrating scenario (for me, because I´ve losted and desoriented in my two first playtroughs) was the damn forest. The borest was the Lakeside Amusement Park and the mall was just... the mall (I liked the Cinema, I laughled with Dear Mother movie promotion, I don´t know why). The most friking and spontanius-scary moment was the Raw Shock estamped in the windows car. The most amazing (and OMG-moment to me) was that otherworld-ized change in the bridge, I love it.