randomness? (or how to get diner sexy Cybil?)

Ten years after the original game and Harry's still searching for his daughter.

Moderator: Moderators

Moura
Just Passing Through

randomness? (or how to get diner sexy Cybil?)

Post by Moura »

I have started many new games recently trying to get sexy cybil at the diner, but seems impossible.
Ive tried lots of possibilities, but i always end up in Good ol'Days, or when i get to the diner, cybil isnt with sexy outfit...
Im starting to suspect that sometimes the game just take random routes and that u can do precisely the same things twice and get diferent results...
Any sugestions to help me? ive tried: stare at sexual things, going through Thereza's, give sexual answers to Kaufman, not calling Cheryl..and ive also tried the oposite of everything hehe

I would apreciate your help :)
Last edited by Moura on 05 Feb 2012, edited 1 time in total.
Typographenia
Historical Society Historian

Re: randomness? (or how to get dinner sexy Cybil?)

Post by Typographenia »

Are you still looking at other things? Try only looking at things in your environment geared towards that kind of stuff.

If all else fails, maybe you should try doing the exact opposite, since it sounds like you're getting the opposite of what you're wanting in the first place. : P
Moura
Just Passing Through

Re: randomness? (or how to get diner sexy Cybil?)

Post by Moura »

Look how wonderfull this game is...i gave it up on trying to get sexy cybil in the diner and simply decided to have a regular honest playtrough...but when i got to kaufman's test, i started reinterpreting the questions
i answered them honestly, but looking at them from a diferent perspective. Ive played as normally would, not trying to make a phony sexual profile and guess who i found in the diner...u gussed right :)
the diference is tha im not playing in a fake way. Im more like exploring diferent aspects of myself and the game seems to have responded to that...or was it just a coincidence?
I dunno...the important thing is that u can always play honestly and get a diferent experience...with all possible combinations of clothes, personalitys, messages, branches, there are literally thousands of games within this game
nur_ein_tier
Rosewater Park Attendant

Post by nur_ein_tier »

I can't remember now for sure, but I thought you had to NOT give sexy answers/look at sexy stuff to get sexy cybil. Because unless you act like a prude, a sexy cybil would be a positive thing, and the "psychological profiling" is supposed to give you stuff you don't like.
ImageImage
Camhacks & stuff: SH1 | SH2 | SH3 | SH4 | SHSM | FaceBook | YouTube
Moura
Just Passing Through

Post by Moura »

Ive thought about that too...but nothing ever works so simply...anyway, playing honestly seems to yield the best results.
Enika
SHH Staff Writer

Post by Enika »

nur_ein_tier wrote:I can't remember now for sure, but I thought you had to NOT give sexy answers/look at sexy stuff to get sexy cybil. Because unless you act like a prude, a sexy cybil would be a positive thing, and the "psychological profiling" is supposed to give you stuff you don't like.
I'm not sure on the mechanics myself, but.. I'm watching a Let's Play of Shattered Memories right now, and they ramped up their sex PI to get sexy Cybil (which they did obtain) but don't want to play a sex PI-based game, and are spending a lot of the LP right now pointing out how their Raw Shocks are reflecting sex PI and how they want to change it to family PI.
Droo

Post by Droo »

My mother watched me play through Shattered Memories when she was out to visit me two months ago (she's a huge SH fan but can't play video games herself) and directed my playthrough. She got sexy Cybil in the diner. Ha.
"Oh yeah, I've been here before
I can see it with eyes closed
Shadows that look like blood
Dead as far as the mind goes
Fear that comes from my head
Lives in the mirror"
Typographenia

Post by Typographenia »

Better keep an eye on her, Droo!
wonder's boy
Woodside Apartments Janitor

Post by wonder's boy »

I don't think I ever got sexy Cybil until my Grandma walked in the room one day and watched me play some, haha. She was fascinated by "how much cleavage they could fit in a video game." Oh, Memaw...
Music created by the fans, for the fans. . . . . . . . . . . . . . Vol. 1 | Vol. 2 | Vol. 3
Droo

Post by Droo »

I take it your grandmother has never seen Morrigan from Darkstalkers or Lulu from Final Fantasy X.
"Oh yeah, I've been here before
I can see it with eyes closed
Shadows that look like blood
Dead as far as the mind goes
Fear that comes from my head
Lives in the mirror"
Butcher Incarnate
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by Butcher Incarnate »

If the sexy cybil is the one with the blue shirt and real tight black pants and where she wears black glasses and short blonde hair, then I got her on my first play through, the only thing I remember Doing in kaufmans test that probably the only that made a diffrence was I made my harry slutty( but I think at that point you seen cybil already) and I didn't go to the clothing store I went to the electronic store and I Went into the bar not the diner that's all I remember I don't remember the first questions I answered..
When Death Comes, It Comes For All.
NeoAquarius12
Gravedigger

Post by NeoAquarius12 »

The real question here is how to get to that diner. I'm in a bar 24/7 and I don't know how to stop myself from getting there. I answer all the questions in opposite ways and BOOM, still getting the bar. I love drinking. I hate drinking. Always the same.
I don't make a signature.
Except for the part of the signature explaining that I don't.
And that.
And that.
And that.
...and that.
Yuki

Post by Yuki »

Try going through the dress shop instead of the camera store, or vice-versa.
wonder's boy
Woodside Apartments Janitor

Post by wonder's boy »

Droo wrote:I take it your grandmother has never seen Morrigan from Darkstalkers or Lulu from Final Fantasy X.
Nope, though that would be hilarious.
Music created by the fans, for the fans. . . . . . . . . . . . . . Vol. 1 | Vol. 2 | Vol. 3
sweet_weeping_silence
Just Passing Through

Post by sweet_weeping_silence »

I got sexy Cybil on my first play through answering everything with a sexually explicit answer...that and I stared at everything I could find with a pair of boobs. XP
Xx----at one end sits the seducer of she----xX