Is Downpour scary?

Murphy's been a bad boy ...

Moderator: Moderators

lonelytruckdriver
Just Passing Through

Re: Is Downpour scary?

Post by lonelytruckdriver »

Simple answer - No.
Guess I just don't meet the right girls, bud.
Pastucci
Just Passing Through

Post by Pastucci »

Nope, not really. The Wheelman was a little spooky at times, but I felt the whole game was kinda repetitive, same textures of tiles, books, etc. There wasn't enough diversity to keep me interested.

Got sick of the running from the Red Orb (Devil's Testicle) that I didn't even beat it. I got to the prison part, never got further.
Heaven's Night
<3
Jonipoon
Subway Guard

Post by Jonipoon »

Downpour is like an extended version of the haunted mansion level in Silent Hill 3. In other words, a fun house that isn't scary.
I EAT GALAXIES FOR BREAKFAST.
KiramidHead
Historical Society Historian

Post by KiramidHead »

I still love this game. Some technical issues, but exploring the town was fun and the story was great.
Haunting Hero
Just Passing Through

Post by Haunting Hero »

KiramidHead wrote:I still love this game. Some technical issues, but exploring the town was fun and the story was great.
I enjoyed it too, not as scary yes, but it was good. The graphics and story to me were the icing to the cake. My only issues I saw were how long it took to load said graphics after each cutscene. It would always look strange for awhile :lol:

The story was really good if you weren't given spoilers and took your time exploring instead of jumping in to beat the game. I was happy Konami had given us more things to explore and how weather effected monsters.

I still will though have a rough mind on glitches, load times for graphics in important cutscenes and to be fair it's not scary. Spooky feeling and all, but not jump in your face scary.
◇Some people feel the rain, others just get wet◇