Moderator: Moderators

Celephais
Just Passing Through

Re: Downpour Cons ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)

Post by Celephais »

I wouldn't say that I hate Downpour, but I was really let down by it. For me;

- Clunky controls
- The overall art fell flat
- Monsters were not scary in the slightest. (Riding police cars? Give me a break lol)
- Incomprehensible plot
Tabris
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by Tabris »

The only things that pissed me off was the combat, the monsters (for the most part. Some look cool up close but in motion as an enemy, pretty lame) and the way side characters ended. JP wasn't so bad but the way DJ Ricks went out was incredibly meh and anti-climactic.

Other than that, I really enjoyed the game.
Pastucci
Just Passing Through

Post by Pastucci »

I hated Downpour, it wasn't worth the $20 in my opinion.

I mean, the Red Void chase sequences were annoying and completely out of place, the bogeyman wearing a gas mask and rain slicker? What. At least Pyramid Head had a reason to wear the attire it did, it made sense and gave it depth.

And DJ Ricks was terrible. The whole character was just...out of place, and not in an otherwordly way either.

These things ruined the game for me, mostly it being the chase parts. The storyline was good, I will say that..it was very realistic and heart touching.
Didn't much care for the characters though, I really like Homecoming better.

It's just my opinion.
Heaven's Night
<3
Typographenia
Historical Society Historian

Post by Typographenia »

That's unfortunate to hear, since I never felt those elements occupied that much of Downpour in the grand scheme of things.

How did you feel about the town design and exploration in comparison to how Homecoming handled it? The town felt much more of a place to poke around and spend time than Homecoming, in my experience.
Pastucci
Just Passing Through

Post by Pastucci »

^

That was a big positive for me, I think it will propel the series into a more open world type in the future.
Heaven's Night
<3
Larrybisam
Just Passing Through

Post by Larrybisam »

Only things that bothered me was just the tiny bugs and I think they were there because of the game itself, not my console. Like Murphy can't move and just rotates while standing still and stuff like that.
Nothing more to complain about.
Don, Aman
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by Don, Aman »

I left the forums shortly before this game was released, and I didn't realize this one was so polarizing. All in all, I was very pleased with this entry. I think my one and only complaint for this one is the monster design, for the most part. It's true what a lot of people have said here, they felt a bit boring and unimaginative. Especially the prisoners. However, I do think the general atmosphere of the town does a lot to make up for that.
Don stepped outside... It feels good to be alone... He wished he was drunk...