Light projector copied from the suffering

Murphy's been a bad boy ...

Moderator: Moderators

SH1000
Just Passing Through

Light projector copied from the suffering

Post by SH1000 »

They copied from the suffering that "scare monsters with the light projector" thing at the end of the game. Which is absolutely horrible. Why the hack would silent hill monsters be afraid of light projector anyway, they aren't even afraid of Murphy flashlight.
KiramidHead
Historical Society Historian

Re: Light projector copyed from the suffering

Post by KiramidHead »

They're not afraid of the light, they're in pain because their eyelids are being held open by those metal contraptions on their heads. I know from experience that much smaller lights can hurt to look at, so I'd imagine a big spotlight is even worse.
HeartlessBastard
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by HeartlessBastard »

If I recall well, the monsters were burned if they stand in the Light.
The Spotlight idea was horrible, but I don't think it had something to do with The Suffering.
"Good people should love their enemies" - Seu Madruga
PoemOfTheLastMoment
Gravedigger

Post by PoemOfTheLastMoment »

The game copies a lot of things from 'The suffering'. the uncanny similarities have been something that i've stated even before the game was released.
Now I Know, The Real Reason Why I Came To This Town....I Wonder....What Was I Afraid Of? Without You..I've Got Nothing...Now, We Can Be Together Again.....Mary.....
Skele
Subway Guard

Post by Skele »

well, didn't that Devin Shatsky dude work on the suffering? so it wouldn't surprise me that there's a number of similarities. I can't say for certain that there are, as i never finished the game.
AuraTwilight

Post by AuraTwilight »

In fairness, the spotlight puzzle does have a nice prison symbolism to it, and was one of the more fun puzzles in the game in my opinion.
[quote="BlackFire2"]I thought he meant the special powers of her vagina.[/quote]
Karakulz
Just Passing Through

Post by Karakulz »

Yeah as already said, there have some things that seem to be taken from The Suffering ._.

But I hated that part of the game, it was stupid and a waste of time.
~ When the rich wage war, It's the poor who die ~
PoemOfTheLastMoment
Gravedigger

Not to mention the fact that most of the endings are around 3 minutes in length on average,except the B ending.Way to end a 20+ hour adventure.
Now I Know, The Real Reason Why I Came To This Town....I Wonder....What Was I Afraid Of? Without You..I've Got Nothing...Now, We Can Be Together Again.....Mary.....
Mephisto

Post by Mephisto »

^ What's your point? The endings made by the "almighty" Team Silent had 30 to 50 seconds.
PoemOfTheLastMoment
Gravedigger

The endings in downpour felt rushed and unsatisfying. And i mean it when i say it was unsatisfying. I've played through the game once and i dont feel like touching it again.

And yeah... Silent Hill 2 endings: 15 minutes (Bed scene + Letter)
Sh3 Ending : 10 minutes (monologue + conversation with Douglas)
Sh4: 8 minutes ( Walter's death + ending specific cutscene)
Karakulz
Just Passing Through

Post by Karakulz »

^
Agreed, Every ending in Downpour was unsatisfying.
Its like they werent sure how to end it so they just threw a few things together.

(But in SH2 the ending dragged on a bit longer than I had hoped, just as I thought the letter was going to end she goes onto something else xD)
~ When the rich wage war, It's the poor who die ~
Mephisto

Post by Mephisto »

Yeah, that was an exaggeration of mine but I'm talking about the final cut-scene. Not all the crap that happens before it takes place.

For example, in Silent Hill 1 the bad ending had at least 1 minute. Silent Hill 3 normal ending had 1:30 minutes. Possessed had 2 and a half. The ones in Silent Hill 4 were 3 to 4 minutes long.

Don't complain about the length in Downpour because it was pretty much the same with the old titles.
AuraTwilight

Post by AuraTwilight »

Holy double standards, Batman. Let's take a Downpour thread about Gripe X with the game and take it as an excuse to bitch about Gripe Z, even though Gripe Z applies to literally every Silent Hill that's ever been made!

WEEE!
[quote="BlackFire2"]I thought he meant the special powers of her vagina.[/quote]
PoemOfTheLastMoment
Gravedigger

AuraTwilight wrote:Holy double standards, Batman. Let's take a Downpour thread about Gripe X with the game and take it as an excuse to bitch about Gripe Z, even though Gripe Z applies to literally every Silent Hill that's ever been made!

WEEE!
Duly noted. Maybe i should make a thread about just how bad the endings sucked in this game.

WEEEEE!!!
Falconv1.0
Gravedigger

Post by Falconv1.0 »

The fucking time it took for the end cutscene to finish does not define how good the ending was. It has literally next to nothing to do with it.
Your weaboo is showing
PoemOfTheLastMoment
Gravedigger

Falconv1.0 wrote:The fucking time it took for the end cutscene to finish does not define how good the ending was. It has literally next to nothing to do with it.
Agreed. But if you watch the endings closely, everything feels rushed and it would've clearly been better if they had taken the time to make the scenes more fleshed out. My 'gripes' are with the endings titled 'Execution' 'Reversal' & 'Full Circle'....It was shockingly short and obviously felt like a glorified 'Game over' screen.
Droo

Post by Droo »

I didn't think anything felt rushed plotwise in Downpour. Just half-formed and sloppy. Which is a shame because I really liked what Waltz did with Past Life.

Anyway, let's get back on topic, please.
"Oh yeah, I've been here before
I can see it with eyes closed
Shadows that look like blood
Dead as far as the mind goes
Fear that comes from my head
Lives in the mirror"
PoemOfTheLastMoment
Gravedigger

Droo wrote:I didn't think anything felt rushed plotwise in Downpour. Just half-formed and sloppy. Which is a shame because I really liked what Waltz did with Past Life.

Anyway, let's get back on topic, please.
Good God i said the endings were rushed, not the plot itself.
Droo

Post by Droo »

As opposed to the amazing ending to SH1 featuring Harry running on a highway for 15 seconds?
"Oh yeah, I've been here before
I can see it with eyes closed
Shadows that look like blood
Dead as far as the mind goes
Fear that comes from my head
Lives in the mirror"
AuraTwilight

Post by AuraTwilight »

Or the endings in Silent Hill 2 you claimed were like 10 minutes even though nine of those minutes are identical letters in each ending?