Is silent hill 3 the worst game in the series?

Heather finds out why it's true that you shouldn't talk to strangers. Or look in mirrors, quite honestly.

Moderator: Moderators

Silent Alarm
Just Passing Through

Is silent hill 3 the worst game in the series?

Post by Silent Alarm »

is silent hill 3 the worst game in thew seris agree or disagree
I was weak. That's why I needed you... needed someone to punish me for my sins... but that's all over now... I know the truth. Now it's time to end this.
Mister_Creazil
Gravedigger

Post by Mister_Creazil »

DISAGREE! It's my favourite, I love it completely and I've definitely spent more hours on this game than any other. Heather Mason is the most amazing Silent Hill character, due to her normality I suppose. Claudia just gives you the shivers. I mean, even Douglas seems a perfectly normal guy, and it holds you in suspense about him. This is my favourite game. I found SH1 the worst, if not, SH4. This one was a masterpeice.

EDIT: The gameplay is also fun. Better surroundings than any of the others, I think. Well, the surroundings of SH4 were great, but the game was pretty lame. I didn't like the scenary in Silent Hill 2, so I found the gameplay, monsters and fear in this one great too.
Last edited by Mister_Creazil on 21 Oct 2007, edited 1 time in total.
AlmostHam
Just Passing Through

Post by AlmostHam »

It's the weakest of the other installments, i didn't much enjoy this one i thought it was kinda boring and preachy.
crucifix
Historical Society Historian

Post by crucifix »

disagree. SH4 is much worse, in my opinion. SH3 has a pretty lame story and whatnot, but it's a fun game.
no longer active. thanks for the memories.
AlmostHam
Just Passing Through

Post by AlmostHam »

yeah i'll agree with you there it kept me playing which was good but Haryy's ... was the wose in any SH game.
Silent Alarm
Just Passing Through

Post by Silent Alarm »

i think sh 2 is the best game in the series and if you think about it sh1 cannot be the worst becuase without it would never have amazing silent hill, i respect your opinion about heather but i think james or henry is the best characters in the silent hill installments i also think they based rose from the movie off of heather, i would have like to have seen a better story and better monster in silent hill 3 i dont like the fact that silent hill like came to her in the mall cause if you thnk about it if she just could have crawled over the van that was blocking the passage she would have never had to go to silent hill, well atleast til she got home to her like house and then it porbally would have showed up there but i do have to say i like how they did that heather was cheryl and they connected 1 and 3, and also they connect 2 and 4, mose people do not relize they connected 2 and 4 but if you remember when you put the canned juice down the trash shoot and you read the news paper it is about walter sullivan, i would also have to say that walter sullivan is one of the best villans in silent hill i do also like the fact that you face a "human form" of a boss
I was weak. That's why I needed you... needed someone to punish me for my sins... but that's all over now... I know the truth. Now it's time to end this.
crucifix

Post by crucifix »

AlmostHam wrote:yeah i'll agree with you there it kept me playing which was good but Haryy's ... was the wose in any SH game.
you think SH1 was the worst? why?
Mister_Creazil
Gravedigger

Post by Mister_Creazil »

if you thnk about it if she just could have crawled over the van that was blocking the passage she would have never had to go to silent hill
Either way, Claudia and Douglas would have still found her and she'd have still had to have gone to Silent Hill.
PRIME_BBCODE_SPOILER_SHOW PRIME_BBCODE_SPOILER:
God would've birthed either way.
And Walter Sullivan isn't much of a big connection with SH2, it just uses a murderers name from a memo. Silent Hill 5 is planning to connect to SH2 with it's plot.
AlmostHam
Just Passing Through

Post by AlmostHam »

I hope they don't mess up 5 with connectiong game series like they did with 3.
LanceS133

Post by LanceS133 »

SH2 owns all so it really doesn't matter. :-P
"That town. That God forsaken town. It just, keeps, calling me back..."
Mister_Creazil
Gravedigger

Post by Mister_Creazil »

I don't think they ruined Silent Hill 3 with connecting it to the first one. It fit quite nicely. And SH5 isn't connected with the second like the third did with the first. Just the plot is going to be similar, with all it's twists.
AlmostHam
Just Passing Through

Post by AlmostHam »

Psychological elements are going to came back? Good, i missed that surprise at the end of the 2 game.
I found SH1 the worst
When did you play the first one? Did you play the first one after any of the new installments?
crucifix

Post by crucifix »

AlmostHam wrote:Psychological elements are going to came back? Good, i missed that surprise at the end of the 2 game.
I found SH1 the worst
When did you play the first one? Did you play the first one after any of the new installments?
did you not earlier post that you thought it was the worst too... ?
Leonardwolf
Just Passing Through

Post by Leonardwolf »

Sh1>Sh2>Sh3>Sh4 IMO

Silent hill 4 was just odd really not particularily frightening. And the characers have less time to develop real dimensionality when
PRIME_BBCODE_SPOILER_SHOW PRIME_BBCODE_SPOILER:
They drop like flies every 20 minutes
Silent Alarm
Just Passing Through

Post by Silent Alarm »

i dont know sh4 kinda freighted me with the hauntings and if you got the little kid haunting it freaks me out...also i def like the whole room thing, it relates to the new combat system in sh0
Jack Swift
Just Passing Through

Post by Jack Swift »

Sh1>Sh2>Sh3>Sh4. Definitely.
AlmostHam
Just Passing Through

Post by AlmostHam »

What, your ranking them through their order?
Mister_Creazil
Gravedigger

Post by Mister_Creazil »

Alot of people do. I'd rank them SH3,SH2,SH1,SH4
Leonardwolf
Just Passing Through

Post by Leonardwolf »

no it just ends up that way really IMO
AlmostHam
Just Passing Through

Post by AlmostHam »

Wait. WHAT? SH3 befor number two? WHY?