valtiel ?

Heather finds out why it's true that you shouldn't talk to strangers. Or look in mirrors, quite honestly.

Moderator: Moderators

Aerith Gainsborough
Historical Society Historian

Re: valtiel ?

Post by Aerith Gainsborough »

^I think that was talked about early in the thread.
I'm rarely on the forums anymore. Click here for ways to reach me.
SHF

Post by SHF »

wonder's boy wrote:Maybe something is just flying over my head here, but what/who is Chrissie?
When Heather enters the Seclusion Wards in Brookhaven, read the memo on the wall.
Also, a nurse is found in one of the padded rooms there.. It is believed to be the manifested Chrissie.
[img]http://i1226.photobucket.com/albums/ee419/silentfog/signature.jpg[/img]
mikefile
Gravedigger

Post by mikefile »

Ashes wrote:But why would he make nurses come back as monsters? How do we know he even CAN revive a person that isn't host to God?
We know that Valtiel prepared everything (or most of it) for the ceremony. That includes the decor sorrounding Heather and her little friends, like the nurses.
Ashes wrote:I remember reading somewhere (pretty sure it was translated memories) that being impregnated with God is what gave Alessa an 'immortal body'.
Yes , and it is Valtiel who's responsible for it- the cycle of reincarnation.
Ashes
Just Passing Through

Post by Ashes »

Aerith Gainsborough wrote:^I think that was talked about early in the thread.
No, I've red nowhere exactly WHY or HOW he could be responsible for resurrecting the nurses. But for now I'll just go with what mikefile said; it's somehow part of preparing the ritual.
Ring-a ring-a Rosie, a pocket full o' posies
Ashes, ashes, we all fall down...
Aerith Gainsborough

Post by Aerith Gainsborough »

^I could have swore that it was talked about in this, or atleast another thread. Perhaps in the 'Chrissie the Nurse: Evidence for Vincent's Joke?' thread.

Oh, Tom!

Edit:This explains things.
I'm rarely on the forums anymore. Click here for ways to reach me.
Ashes
Just Passing Through

Post by Ashes »

Thanks! That's a pretty big thread, imma read it sometimes. :)
Ring-a ring-a Rosie, a pocket full o' posies
Ashes, ashes, we all fall down...
wonder's boy
Woodside Apartments Janitor

Post by wonder's boy »

Mephisto wrote:^ She was one of the nurses.
That part makes sense. Do the players actually see her in the game, though? Or was she just mentioned in a memo?

I need to play SH3 again, this is ridiculous. :P You'd think I'd have a grip on these things after having played it to death. Well, there have been some wild nights since my last SH3 play through. I might have even played through it one of those nights, I dunno.
Music created by the fans, for the fans. . . . . . . . . . . . . . Vol. 1 | Vol. 2 | Vol. 3
SHF

Post by SHF »

When Heather enters the Seclusion Wards in Brookhaven, read the memo on the wall.
Also, a nurse is found in one of the padded rooms there.. It is believed to be the manifested Chrissie

^

This. Though it is only a theory that the nurse in the padded room is Chrissie. And it is only my speculation though
[img]http://i1226.photobucket.com/albums/ee419/silentfog/signature.jpg[/img]
Kosmos
Just Passing Through

Post by Kosmos »

Is the name 'Valtiel' ever mentioned in the game? :?
List of samples that need to be found - please review them and contact us if necessary.
The Adversary
RESPECT

Post by The Adversary »

No.
This post is the property of its author and is not to be used elsewhere without explicit permission from the author.

. . . AND THAT'S THAT.
Kosmos
Just Passing Through

Post by Kosmos »

The Adversary wrote:No.
I thought so. I was like "Who the feck are they talking about?" when I saw this thread :wink:
List of samples that need to be found - please review them and contact us if necessary.
JuriDawn
SHH Cult Subscriber
SHH Cult Subscriber

Post by JuriDawn »

You should check out the Translated Memories site for scans of the Lost Memories: Silent Hill Chronicle supplemental material for the first three games.

This page relates to SH3 creatures, including Valtiel.

Also, please resize your avatar. Only cult members are allowed to have avatars bigger than 100 x 100 pixels.
Bobandjim1260
Just Passing Through

Post by Bobandjim1260 »

Due to the fact that my thread was locked because the individual felt that my question was answered here (which it wasn't), I'm going to continue this thread by asking this question. In Silent Hill 3, who was the one who manifested Valtiel into existence? I say it was Claudia. What are your ideas?
fudgestix

Post by fudgestix »

He isn't manifested by anyone per say, he just is

http://silenthillforum.com/viewtopic.ph ... 3&start=20 he's been discussed indepth in quite a few threads if you search around
THE RULES! [click me and learn]
"I think I'd prefer a sword over a penis anyday." - Wigeke
Mxpn - Restless Night (bandcamp)
Bobandjim1260
Just Passing Through

Post by Bobandjim1260 »

fudgestix wrote:He isn't manifested by anyone per say, he just is

http://silenthillforum.com/viewtopic.ph ... 3&start=20 he's been discussed indepth in quite a few threads if you search around
Hmmmm, I don't really buy into that idea. There seem to be two groups of people on this website. There are those who believe that some of the Silent Hill monsters and God's are actually real beings. Then there are those who consider them manifestations of a person's beliefs or memories. There seems to be the idea that I've read in this, and other threads, that Valtiel is some sort of ancient guardian of Silent Hill. As far as I've looked into the series, I'm not sure I really find that the case. If every monster in the games have been expressed as manifestations of some sort, I find it faulty that some believe creatures like God, Valtiel, and to some extent Pyramid Head are the exception to this rule. The creators have literally told us that God and Pyramid Head are manifestations. Just because we don't know what Valtiel's "creator" is doesn't mean he's not a manifestation. Valtiel and God are in the games so much because the beliefs that conjure their manifestations into existence are part of a religion. So none of them are real entities per say, they are all manifestations. The reason why I believe Valtiel to be Claudia's is because of her belief of Heather as the mother of God. With Valtiel being part of that religion as the caretaker of God, she manifested him to take care of God through Heather. The only reason he exist after she dies is because Heather had seen enough of Valtiel to be able to conjure it on her own. Similar to James Sunderland and the Abstract Daddy's. However, the creators never really specified who manifested Valtiel in Silent Hill 3, so I thought I'd ask the question.
punchdrunk
Just Passing Through

Post by punchdrunk »

he could be a common "delusion" or "symptom" of the same madness eating away at our protagonists. they all have their own different "symptoms" and "side effects" but valtiel is , in the end the beginning and end of all their own personal hell, their own thoughts and fears manifested.
The One who will lead us to Paradise.... with bloodstained hands....