Heather may suffer from narcolepsy

Heather finds out why it's true that you shouldn't talk to strangers. Or look in mirrors, quite honestly.

Moderator: Moderators

NanayaShiki
SHH Cult & SHHF Moderator
SHH Cult & SHHF Moderator

Re: Heather may suffer from narcolepsy

Post by NanayaShiki »

Soulless-Shadow wrote: 07 Dec 2022 Regarding Heather falling asleep, check out this partial translation of the SH3 novel - https://silenthaven.tumblr.com/silenthill3-novel
Heather would occasionally find herself in the otherworld every now and then long before the game started. Apparently that's what happened at the start of the game; she was at the mall, found herself at the amusement park otherworld, was killed by the rollercoaster, was revived by Valtiel, and woke up at Happy Burger. I'm not sure if that was the intention when the game was made, or if it's something that was thrown into the novel after the fact though.
We talked about this in another thread recently but I am pretty convinced that's not actually a partial translation of any official novel. I think it's just an unfinished fan adaptation.
NanayaShiki wrote: 31 Oct 2022 I think what's up on that Silent Haven tumblr is fanfiction, not a translation of the actual novel. If you check their section for novelizations they have one listed for every game and they're all pretty incomplete and (to be honest) increasingly amateur. But from what I can tell the only games that got novel adaptations were 1, 2, and 3 (and the two movies). So the ones for the other games must be fan-made. If SH3 doesn't match up with someone who is reading the official novel, it makes sense to assume it's also a fan one.
DinoNerd89
Just Passing Through

Post by DinoNerd89 »

Considering the way she was "birthed" by Alessa/God, instead of, you know, the traditional way, im surprised Heather doesn't have other health related issues, powers or manifestations. I would expect more classic witch/psychic/whatever stuff.
The Adversary
RESPECT

Post by The Adversary »

The reason for that, in part, is that Alessa was raised to be a spiritual medium, whereas Harry wanted to have a normal daughter again.

Had the Order located Heather as a child, her innate abilities could easily have been focused—and manipulated—for the same purpose as Alessa’s ultimately were. If Harry hadn’t stopped the cult freak who attacked them, the Order could have indoctrinated Heather and we might very well have experienced Claudia’s “True Paradise.”
This post is the property of its author and is not to be used elsewhere without explicit permission from the author.

. . . AND THAT'S THAT.
DinoNerd89
Just Passing Through

Post by DinoNerd89 »

The Adversary wrote: 02 Jun 2023 The reason for that, in part, is that Alessa was raised to be a spiritual medium, whereas Harry wanted to have a normal daughter again.

Had the Order located Heather as a child, her innate abilities could easily have been focused—and manipulated—for the same purpose as Alessa’s ultimately were. If Harry hadn’t stopped the cult freak who attacked them, the Order could have indoctrinated Heather and we might very well have experienced Claudia’s “True Paradise.”
Oh for sure, its a good thing The Order never got their hands on her or it would of been bad news for everyone. Things would of got real ugly, real quick. Harry was a good dad to her and its unfortunate what happened to him, but at least he protected her the best way he could.

I guess all im saying is, that shes about as "normal" as a person can get in this series, and that is saying something lol. Just a normal teenager, doing teenager things i suppose. Anything else can be, like i said, explained by her birth.
The Adversary
RESPECT

Post by The Adversary »

Well, Harry and Henry are as normal as they get in the series, really. They were both thrown into extraordinary circumstances, but, as people, they're just regular dudes. I dunno if I'd argue Heather is more normal than the two of them, considering she's had to move around a lot, be placed in new schools, meet new people. Especially all that during her formative years. Throw in her being the potential mother of an obscure cult's god, and, well, there ya go.

Really, Heather is probably a pretty "weird" kid.
This post is the property of its author and is not to be used elsewhere without explicit permission from the author.

. . . AND THAT'S THAT.