What monsters do you think will be in the movie/want to see?

Discuss the latest about the second Silent Hill Movie

Moderator: Moderators

Silent Fantasy
Historical Society Historian

Re: What monsters do you think will be in the movie/want to

Post by Silent Fantasy »

Closer has to be in it to me. That creature could be adapted to live action so well and be creepy/threatening too. For some reason though, i'm not expecting much from the movie and for them not to take advantage of the game.
WARNING: Some Parts of Reality May Seem Violent or Cruel.
peronmls
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by peronmls »

I would love for closers to be in it! That is the main monster!
Claudia_Wolf
Just Passing Through

Post by Claudia_Wolf »

I asked Michael if there would be Closers, and he said: "You´ll just have to wait and see". We haven't got any official confirmation of them yet, but hey!, its better than having an official confirmation of them NOT being in the movie like with the double heads.
Also, sorry, but, i have a question: I saw the interview with Malcolm McDowell, and he said "There but for the grace of God". Does this means anything for God's appearence/mention in the movie as an important storyline element?
Sorry i had to ask this, its because english isnt my language, and i dont really know what that means. Thanks!
Silent Fantasy

Post by Silent Fantasy »

The first movie brought (a) God up a few times, though it wasn't the game cults god.
CrypticIdentity
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by CrypticIdentity »

Claudia_Wolf wrote:I asked Michael if there would be Closers, and he said: "You´ll just have to wait and see". We haven't got any official confirmation of them yet, but hey!, its better than having an official confirmation of them NOT being in the movie like with the double heads.
Also, sorry, but, i have a question: I saw the interview with Malcolm McDowell, and he said "There but for the grace of God". Does this means anything for God's appearence/mention in the movie as an important storyline element?
Sorry i had to ask this, its because english isnt my language, and i dont really know what that means. Thanks!
I think I remember that interview--do you remember the context, or could you link to it?
The Adversary
RESPECT

Post by The Adversary »

This post is the property of its author and is not to be used elsewhere without explicit permission from the author.

. . . AND THAT'S THAT.
Claudia_Wolf
Just Passing Through

Post by Claudia_Wolf »

CrypticIdentity wrote:
Claudia_Wolf wrote:I asked Michael if there would be Closers, and he said: "You´ll just have to wait and see". We haven't got any official confirmation of them yet, but hey!, its better than having an official confirmation of them NOT being in the movie like with the double heads.
I think I remember that interview--do you remember the context, or could you link to it?
Here you Go :)
http://vimeo.com/39679966

------------------

Well, now we have a confirmation of the nurses (again) and a mannequin creature (which sounds really original). Seeing the description of the mannequin scene, Suki is going to be with Heather in a warehouse, escaping from the creature. Hopefully it refers to a warehouse in the Shopping Center :D

----

Mod Edit: Claudia_Wolf, please do not double post. If you need to add something and no one else has replied after the last time you posted, use the edit button. Please read through the Forum Guidelines to clarify the rules, and if you have any questions PM a member of staff
-Fudgestix
teosoleil
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by teosoleil »

I'm interested in seeing the original creatures for this film, or at least somewhat original (if the mannequin-spider monster is closely associated with the Mannequins from SH2). I'm also interested in the new brain creature Bassett mentioned, some guy with his skull opened and exposed...was that in any game? Can't remember.
Silent Fantasy

Post by Silent Fantasy »

^ No, and it (the skull creature) sounds lame and very uninspired. As does the mannequin monster. I hope to be pleasently surprised though, and that they serve a purpose withen the movie's plot.
Claudia_Wolf
Just Passing Through

Post by Claudia_Wolf »

Silent Fantasy wrote:^ No, and it (the skull creature) sounds lame and very uninspired. As does the mannequin monster. I hope to be pleasently surprised though, and that they serve a purpose withen the movie's plot.
The Mannequin monster sounds pretty good and original, and for its description i think it will be more like Scarlet than the SH2 mannequins.

Although i have to agree that the brain monster sounds pretty lame, it sounds more RE than SH, but, who knows, it may be a slurper with its skull broken .

Also, did anyone noticed that Adelaide, when asked about the monsters, she said carrie anne moss?

Claudia is going to transform? sounds interesting, sounds similar to what she probably does in the game ;)
Silent Fantasy

Post by Silent Fantasy »

I hope it is. I'm really just hoping Basset didn't get too enthusiastic with everything and go overboard.
WelcomeToNowhere
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by WelcomeToNowhere »

Perhaps, and I'm just hypothesizing here, miss Carrie-Anne Moss and the Cracked Head monster will be the same thing! In SH3, she starts transforming, her skin going all mottled-red-black and stumbling around in agony, but we never see how God is actually born. Who's to say that her head doesn't just crack open and let the god out, like the story about Pallas Athena springing fully formed from her dad's head?
The Demon
Just Passing Through

Post by The Demon »

I'm a little worried about the ratio of original monsters to monsters from the games. The games have many, many monsters that could be drawn on to use in SH:R, and would also be symbolic of Heather's story. I feel like we're hearing a lot about monsters that aren't from the games themselves, and the ones that are from the games, we already saw in the first film.
Just to compare, here's what we have for monsters (so far) in SH:R:

From SH Games- Pyramid Head, Nurses, Leonard, Scraper (possibly)

Original- Mannequin Spider, "Split Skull", Robbie the Rabbit (possibly), Claudia

Although I'm guessing the trailer tomorrow will reveal some more monsters, I'm really hoping that we get to see some more monsters from the games, ones we didn't see already in the first film. There are lots of monsters that would be cool to see, and so I'm hoping they weren't edged out in favour of original monsters and monsters from the first film.
Yuki

Post by Yuki »

The Demon wrote:I'm a little worried about the ratio of original monsters to monsters from the games. The games have many, many monsters that could be drawn on to use in SH:R, and would also be symbolic of Heather's story. I feel like we're hearing a lot about monsters that aren't from the games themselves, and the ones that are from the games, we already saw in the first film.
Just to compare, here's what we have for monsters (so far) in SH:R:

From SH Games- Pyramid Head, Nurses, Leonard, Scraper (possibly)

Original- Mannequin Spider, "Split Skull", Robbie the Rabbit (possibly), Claudia

Although I'm guessing the trailer tomorrow will reveal some more monsters, I'm really hoping that we get to see some more monsters from the games, ones we didn't see already in the first film. There are lots of monsters that would be cool to see, and so I'm hoping they weren't edged out in favour of original monsters and monsters from the first film.
It's a double-edged sword, though. Keeping in monsters from the games will make people call them lazy and say the movie is just a cash-in (see: Nurses, Pyramid Head); using original ones will just cause complaints.
The Demon
Just Passing Through

Post by The Demon »

Yuki wrote: It's a double-edged sword, though. Keeping in monsters from the games will make people call them lazy and say the movie is just a cash-in (see: Nurses, Pyramid Head); using original ones will just cause complaints.
I think the first film struck a perfect balance though, it had numerous monsters from the games, with a couple of original ones.
So far, all we've seen in SH:R is monsters we've already seen from the first film, and a couple new ones. I wanted to see some monsters from the games brought into real life, and less of returning monsters from the first film.
ShiningBind
Just Passing Through

Post by ShiningBind »

Hmm...Screamer...just saying
teosoleil
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by teosoleil »

If you pause in the SH Revelation trailer where Vincent gets....tickled???? You can see a cenobite-ish monster behind Vincent....tickling him. It looks like the CD Cenobite from Hellraiser 3 :( unfortunately.
KiramidHead

Post by KiramidHead »

It looked more like the Chatterer to me.
sh#1fan

Post by sh#1fan »

teosoleil wrote:If you pause in the SH Revelation trailer where Vincent gets....tickled???? You can see a cenobite-ish monster behind Vincent....tickling him. It looks like the CD Cenobite from Hellraiser 3 :( unfortunately.
ROFLMAO
oh good 90's memories :D

Anyway I have no idea why people are complaining...? Its not Silent Hill the game. It's silent hill THE MOVIE!!!!!!!! There 2 compleatly different storys / universes
But hey if a cenobite starts shooting CDs at people then we can complain LMAO
oO?
WelcomeToNowhere
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by WelcomeToNowhere »

I was watching the trailer, and I noticed that during the part where Heather starts zoning out in the hallway at school, she sees a monster wobbling its way toward her in the Otherworldly school. Looked an awful lot like one of those Strait Jacket monsters...