Official Site

Discuss the latest about the second Silent Hill Movie

Moderator: Moderators

Garmonbozey
Just Passing Through

Re: Official Site

Post by Garmonbozey »

I didn't notice until just now, and it may have been noticed already, but the trailer on the site now has flash-based 3D effects.
CrypticIdentity
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by CrypticIdentity »

The picture of Chris and Rose almost seems like a nod to 0rigins, using mirrors to view the Otherworld...holy crap, this revamped site makes me so excited for the movie. :)

Will edit this post if I see anything else interesting before someone else posts; I'm making my sweep of the site now...
TerryRed
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by TerryRed »

I'm glad to see they added some good stuff to the site! The site for the first Silent Hill movie was really good, but this one is neat too. I also like the 3D effects on the trailer!

I still have a bunch of pics from the first movie's site that got taken down shortly after they were first put up because they revealed too much...
The current progress of my Silent Hill pinball (video) game can be seen here:

https://youtu.be/aMklvWiUqhY
Patchwork_Heaven
Just Passing Through

Post by Patchwork_Heaven »

Did anyone notice when you click "3D" on the page with Dischead, it sounds like a female voice saying something like "you cannot defy it." Pretty cool site, I must say.
Garmonbozey
Just Passing Through

Post by Garmonbozey »

Patchwork_Heaven wrote:Did anyone notice when you click "3D" on the page with Dischead, it sounds like a female voice saying something like "you cannot defy it." Pretty cool site, I must say.
I didn't even notice that, it seems the 3D button zooms in on each sub-page.

Also, maybe there's some significance to there being two disc-heads? Maybe that means it's an enemy and not claudia/god/boss.
jdnation
Historical Society Historian

Post by jdnation »

The disc heads are likely the minions we see walking cloaked in the trailers, all missionaries working for Caludia.
Patchwork_Heaven
Just Passing Through

Post by Patchwork_Heaven »

I think the two discheads on the website are just different shots of the same monster. I still believe it's Claudia.
Klimat
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by Klimat »

Two Diskheads on the same page may as well mean nothing, there are two Heathers on "About the Film" page for all I know :).
Garmonbozey
Just Passing Through

Post by Garmonbozey »

jdnation wrote:The disc heads are likely the minions we see walking cloaked in the trailers, all missionaries working for Caludia.
Well, that would make sense for why they're cloaked.
Klimat wrote:Two Diskheads on the same page may as well mean nothing, there are two Heathers on "About the Film" page for all I know :).
Technically there's more than one Heather if you count Memory of Alessa. :lol: But yeah that's a good point.
jdnation

Post by jdnation »

I'm still waiting for dat map!
The Demon
Just Passing Through

Post by The Demon »

jdnation wrote:I'm still waiting for dat map!
Me too! It looks like they've used the map from the first film as a blueprint for it too, which is nice for continuity's sake.

Here's the map from the first film: http://images.wikia.com/silent/images/0/0e/Shmapm.jpg

If you look at the little preview icon for the map, it seems that the streets are almost exactly the same as the streets on this map.
jdnation

Post by jdnation »

Wow! Never saw that image of the first film's map. Interesting how the orange highlighted streets are the shape of the cult's symbol!
KiramidHead

Post by KiramidHead »

It's only a week until release, and the map still hasn't been put up on the site. I really want to look at it.
Leo Ho Tep
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by Leo Ho Tep »

it's a month away from release here .... :'(
The Demon
Just Passing Through

Post by The Demon »

The map is finally up! http://silenthill3d.com/map/

It appears that they directly used the map prop from the first film to build this map. Although this is awesome for continuity's sake, I wish they had extended the map down further to show the full town.

A couple of interesting, spoiler-ish things about the street-views:
PRIME_BBCODE_SPOILER_SHOW PRIME_BBCODE_SPOILER:
One shows a man walking into the Fog World, much like Rose does in the first film. Could this be Harry, Douglas or maybe even Travis Grady?
The other shows a school bus driving into Silent Hill in the real world, pursued by two police vehicles. We know that there is a burning school bus at Lakeside Amusement Park, so I'm guessing this is the same one. I wonder if this scene is in the past or present though... people have speculated about a group of teenagers ending up in Silent Hill before, I wonder if this may be something along those lines?
branj70
Just Passing Through

Post by branj70 »

The Demon wrote:
The other shows a school bus driving into Silent Hill in the real world, pursued by two police vehicles. We know that there is a burning school bus at Lakeside Amusement Park, so I'm guessing this is the same one. I wonder if this scene is in the past or present though... people have speculated about a group of teenagers ending up in Silent Hill before, I wonder if this may be something along those lines?
Thats clearly a
prisoner transport bus with two other cars. If the story given by the reviewers is correct, the police are after Heather and Vincent
CrypticIdentity wrote:With the rust and all I can't imagine any of the plumbing in either world is great. OF COURSE, THAT'S WHAT VALTIEL'S BEEN TRYING TO DO THIS WHOLE TIME, with all his valve-turning--TURN ON THE SHOWER. He probably smells rank as hell.
JKristine35
Subway Guard

Post by JKristine35 »

They put the wrong picture on Christabella's profile. :roll: