Discuss the latest about the second Silent Hill Movie

Moderator: Moderators

Silent Fantasy
Historical Society Historian

Re: Positive reactions on Facebook & IMDb

Post by Silent Fantasy »

tbonesays wrote:
Silent Fantasy wrote:
DistantJ wrote:I think he was trying to make it 'dreamlike'...
But i'm am not someone who likes the shakespearian and melodramatic dialogue where it doesn't belong, and I definantly am not a fan of anime dialogue in most cases. So in a movie like this, or most any movie really, I won't like it. Maybe it's just me though.

That's very possible and probobly should have been obvious to me. :lol: I guess it does work in that sense..somewhat. It's like you said yourself though, it still feels unnatural. I bet if the acting had been better during that scene, it may have played out just a bit better.
Shakespeare actually made fun of melodrama in a lot of his plays. Usually the character who uses the most sappy language ends up as the fool.

But here this scene was a pure man talking to his ghost wife, (Milton is a more appropriate reference). It cannot be a realistic down to earth conversation.
PRIME_BBCODE_SPOILER_SHOW PRIME_BBCODE_SPOILER:
"Rose, When will you be home?"

"Yeah ya know I'm still trying to get time off from the Silent so like who knows? Remember Heather's birthday is coming up so get her a new jumpsuit for the cold weather, and remind her to keep her cell phone charged. Oh can you please fix the front door? The fogworld drafts keep blowing it open and we can't afford to buy new furniture every time you have to move from the cult."
That's obviously not what anybody would have in mind for the dialogue, and definantly wasn't what I had in mind. Realistic dialogue doesn't mean just casually talking. :?
WARNING: Some Parts of Reality May Seem Violent or Cruel.
resevil80
Just Passing Through

Post by resevil80 »

Thats still pretty funny...

The mirror scene was a fine idea(just not executed correctly....Rahda Mitchell didn't do the scene any favors by sleep walking through it either....
Silent Fantasy
Historical Society Historian

Post by Silent Fantasy »

Yeah, it would have threw everyone off for sure. lol I do like the concept of the scene, that's why it's a shame it wasn't done better.
WARNING: Some Parts of Reality May Seem Violent or Cruel.
DistantJ
Rosewater Park Attendant

Post by DistantJ »

Silent Fantasy wrote:
DistantJ wrote:I think he was trying to make it 'dreamlike'...
That's very possible and probobly should have been obvious to me. :lol: I guess it does work in that sense..somewhat. It's like you said yourself though, it still feels unnatural. I bet if the acting had been better during that scene, it may have played out just a bit better.
That scene and Vincent's exposition monologue in the motel room are pretty much the only two things I didn't like in the movie, though I loved what was actually happening in the mirror scene, a somber reunion I had been waiting for for 6 years, it just felt unnatural, almost like Rose had rehearsed it. As much as I agree with what tbonesays... says... I just didn't feel human. I feel like this is a scene I will learn to appreciate more with repeated viewings though, while Vincent's "Hey Heather, here is the entire plot of SHR" is one which I don't think I'll ever appreciate... XD
Where we're from, the birds sing a pretty song, and there's always music in the air.