SH + SHR French Collector's Box

Discuss the latest about the second Silent Hill Movie

Moderator: Moderators

Silent Fantasy
Historical Society Historian

Re: SH + SHR French Collector's Box

Post by Silent Fantasy »

Mybe the US version will get a release with the extras eventually. It really makes no sense for every other country just about gets all of the extra features while leaving the US with nearly nothing.
Especially when America is one of the countries the movie (and Silent Hill in general) does best.
WARNING: Some Parts of Reality May Seem Violent or Cruel.
KiramidHead

Post by KiramidHead »

Grrrr. I wanted to see some deleted scenes. Hopefully they end up on YouTube sooner or later.
Yuki

Post by Yuki »

I finally got a response from Universal...
Dear Brandon,

Thank you for contacting us.

We do not have information regarding the European release of "Silent Hill: Revelation." Below is a listing of the bonus materials included with the U.S. Blu-ray 3d release:

• Digital Copy of Silent Hill: Revelation (redeem by 4/30/2015)
• Includes UltraViolet (redeem by 4/30/2015)
• A Look Inside Silent Hill: Revelation 3D
• 3D Theatrical Trailer

We will forward your comments to the appropriate departement, and we hope that you will continue to enjoy Universal products.

Sincerely,

Consumer Relations
UNIVERSAL STUDIOS HOME ENTERTAINMENT
Not even a good reply, in my opinion.
wonder's boy
Woodside Apartments Janitor

Post by wonder's boy »

It'd be nice to know what all is in the third bullet, "A look inside..." And there's an expiration date on redeeming the DC/UltraViolet? What the hell? I don't do many digital copies, but I've never noticed an expiration date before.
Music created by the fans, for the fans. . . . . . . . . . . . . . Vol. 1 | Vol. 2 | Vol. 3
resevil80
Just Passing Through

Post by resevil80 »

Yuki wrote:I finally got a response from Universal...
Dear Brandon,

Thank you for contacting us.

We do not have information regarding the European release of "Silent Hill: Revelation." Below is a listing of the bonus materials included with the U.S. Blu-ray 3d release:

• Digital Copy of Silent Hill: Revelation (redeem by 4/30/2015)
• Includes UltraViolet (redeem by 4/30/2015)
• A Look Inside Silent Hill: Revelation 3D
• 3D Theatrical Trailer

We will forward your comments to the appropriate departement, and we hope that you will continue to enjoy Universal products.

Sincerely,

Consumer Relations
UNIVERSAL STUDIOS HOME ENTERTAINMENT
Not even a good reply, in my opinion.
Better than what they sent me lol
gostoneph17
Just Passing Through

Post by gostoneph17 »

wonder's boy wrote:It'd be nice to know what all is in the third bullet, "A look inside..." And there's an expiration date on redeeming the DC/UltraViolet? What the hell? I don't do many digital copies, but I've never noticed an expiration date before.
The bonus a look inside SHR is just the three minute clip that has already been on the net.
Yuki

Post by Yuki »

gostoneph17 wrote:
wonder's boy wrote:It'd be nice to know what all is in the third bullet, "A look inside..." And there's an expiration date on redeeming the DC/UltraViolet? What the hell? I don't do many digital copies, but I've never noticed an expiration date before.
The bonus a look inside SHR is just the three minute clip that has already been on the net.
I never saw it on the net--it was similar to some of the promo clips, but not the exact same.
Mr.FLOOT
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by Mr.FLOOT »

The UK version has a 45min Making of, an introduction to the movie from Bassett, 11mins of Deleted Scenes, a Trailer, the Hollywood Horror Nights trailer and the Audio Commentary.
I'm actually rather surprised we got all of that!
Shame we never got any decent features from the first film.
Numinex
Just Passing Through

Post by Numinex »

Just Passing Through

Post by 911 »

I have seen the "SH + SHR French Collector's Box" in stores and it's really too expansive. The statue is quite small and is not very well done. Looks like cheap quality. And if we're not interested in the Statue, we can get the rest of the collector's box in a basic dvd collector edition for 30€. (At least in France).

So most of the price is for the statue and it doesn't seem to worth it.
mikezilla2
Just Passing Through

Post by mikezilla2 »

so what region of the first silent hill do you have to get if you want all the extras ? will the UK , or AUS version do?
JKristine35
Subway Guard

Post by JKristine35 »

The French Metropolitan blu-ray edition is (mostly) region free and English friendly, and is your best bet for extra features. It has the original movie, 90 minutes of behind the scenes, director commentary, producer and editor commentary, a segment of Gans talking about how great Silent Hill 2 is (the game, not the movie), and a version of the film with no visual effects. There's also some pretty cool concept art that pops up all over the various features (Dark Alessa, the 6 Pyramid Head ending, some of the locations), making me wish so much I could screencap it.
globalwolf
Just Passing Through

Post by globalwolf »

I kind of want the entire thing for that statue of Pyramid Head. Not because I like PH particularly, but because sometimes, I want a statue of him to sit on my coffee table and dress up with little hats.