OST puts the eric in generic.

Come here to talk about the Book of Memories.

Moderator: Moderators

silenthillking
Just Passing Through

OST puts the eric in generic.

Post by silenthillking »

Say goodbye to silent hill with every release

Just listened to the official ost it's bad new it's downpour and no original.No loud
industrial sounds no creepy sounds just follow the leader soundtrack seriously the series needs help Daniel Licht is killing it downpour was okay but if the next game is really good his music will kill it they need to get someone on board who can do
Akira Yamaoka without being Akira Yamaoka please If there is anyway shape or form let konami hear this guys work.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NKLk5hgN ... ure=relmfu
Silent Fantasy
Historical Society Historian

Re: OST puts the eric in generic.

Post by Silent Fantasy »

This is a different type of game calling for a different type of soundtrack. It would be irritating listening to industrial banging for 10 minutes straight as you make your way through the level. This just seems like an overreaction.
WARNING: Some Parts of Reality May Seem Violent or Cruel.
AuraTwilight

Post by AuraTwilight »

You tend to overreact about everything you dislike. Daniel Licht's work is fine and he has Akira Yamaoka's personal approval. Could you atleast keep all your criticisms in a single thread per game instead of making one every time you have a gripe? It's reaching the levels of trolling at this point.
[quote="BlackFire2"]I thought he meant the special powers of her vagina.[/quote]
alone in the town

Post by alone in the town »

I wonder if asdf and silenthillking are the same person.
Adam_WF
Just Passing Through

Post by Adam_WF »

I love the [BLEEP] out of this soundtrack. Hands down the best soundtrack I've ever had in a game. No, it doesn't sound like Akira, but it was never meant to. It perfectly complements the gameplay in BoM.

I'm actually surprised to see someone hating it. Every other reaction I've seen from people has been very positive (especially toward the 2 Mary songs).
Yuki

Post by Yuki »

Ryantology wrote:I wonder if asdf and silenthillking are the same person.
asdf's a little more coherent over at Silent Hill Community.

I've seen nothing but praise for this soundtrack, and Yamaoka was consulted at the very least for Love Psalm.
Mephisto

Post by Mephisto »

You're annoying, you know that?

Forget Yamaoka and if you love him that much then go follow the franchises that he's working on. Licht did a fine job with Downpour and I liked the soundtrack of BoM (what I heard anyway).
The Adversary
RESPECT

Post by The Adversary »

While the soundtrack for BOOK OF MEMORIES is pretty lackluster, I wouldn't say it, or Daniel Licht, is "killing SILENT HILL." The game's production and story has a bigger impact than its music, or at least it should.
This post is the property of its author and is not to be used elsewhere without explicit permission from the author.

. . . AND THAT'S THAT.
silenthillking
Just Passing Through

Post by silenthillking »

Okay again your missing the point i didn't say i disliked downpour or bom i mean there sound is more mystical and fantasy then anything else. Also silent hill is made by it's music most games have music just to listen to silent hill uses it like a game play element i just think they should try out a load of composers for the next game.
AuraTwilight

Post by AuraTwilight »

We get your point, we just don't find it compelling. You're trying to treat your personal taste in music as a standardized measurement of Silent Hill.
[quote="BlackFire2"]I thought he meant the special powers of her vagina.[/quote]
peronmls
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by peronmls »

The soundtrack is good but doesnt fit SH. The OST first preview was perfect but...
NanayaShiki
SHH Cult & SHHF Moderator
SHH Cult & SHHF Moderator

Post by NanayaShiki »

Is this the thread where we put our impressions of the OST, then? Well, I'm not going to listen to the OST yet because I can't play the game right now. A Silent Hill OST is ALWAYS better in the context of the game than outside of it. For me to judge the OST outside of the context of the game would be foolish. However, what I will do is say something about the Mary Elizabeth McGlynn songs, which I am always a huge fan of. I love her work with the Silent Hill series. Previously Hell Frozen Rain and Letter From the Lost Days were my favorites. But Love Psalm may very well be my favorite now. I really love this track, guys.

I think the lyrics might be the best out of these songs yet, Mary's singing is top-notch here (she gets better and better imo), and I love how it's musically calling back to previous SH games, with the SH2 Love Psalm giving it the chorus rift and Theme of Laura showing up at one point. Similar to how Book of Memories harkens back to past SH games with it's monsters (and perhaps more, I have no idea as I can't play it), so does this song. Fantastic.
SilentWren

Post by SilentWren »

From what very little I've heard of it, it's not really that bad. Music is usually a very big deal to me, and I don't really dislike any Silent Hill related music. I didn't even care about the dreaded KoRn song.
The above user visits this forum *very infrequently.* If you need any type of response or answer from her, she may or may not be able to provide it in a timely manner.

Thank you for understanding. <3

http://silenthillforum.com/viewtopic.ph ... 28#p674128
Arsenic13
Just Passing Through

Post by Arsenic13 »

It's pretty damn good if you ask me. And there's no denying that Lose Psalm is incredible.
The Adversary
RESPECT

Post by The Adversary »

I would deny it.
This post is the property of its author and is not to be used elsewhere without explicit permission from the author.

. . . AND THAT'S THAT.
Droo

Post by Droo »

I think Love Psalm is incredible. Not much interest in the rest of the OST since Downpour's failed to stand out at all to me.
"Oh yeah, I've been here before
I can see it with eyes closed
Shadows that look like blood
Dead as far as the mind goes
Fear that comes from my head
Lives in the mirror"
Adam_WF
Just Passing Through

Post by Adam_WF »

Droo wrote:I think Love Psalm is incredible. Not much interest in the rest of the OST since Downpour's failed to stand out at all to me.
Droo, give it a listen on YouTube, if you haven't already. It's VERY different from Downpour's OST.
Droo

Post by Droo »

If that's the case, then I will check it out. Downpour's wasn't bad, I just didn't get the same sense of atmosphere from it that I get from the rest of the series.
"Oh yeah, I've been here before
I can see it with eyes closed
Shadows that look like blood
Dead as far as the mind goes
Fear that comes from my head
Lives in the mirror"
Adam_WF
Just Passing Through

Post by Adam_WF »

Yeah, Downpour's OST is subtler and more ambient. Most of the tracks in BoM are more guitar-driven, with more experimental tracks. It's certainly different for SH, but interesting.

Here's a link:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bX3NQl5f ... ature=plcp