New main character picture from P.T. website

Everything we know about Kojima's now sadly defunct Silent Hills.

Moderator: Moderators

redrum
Brookhaven Receptionist

New main character picture from P.T. website

Post by redrum »

Lifetolifeless
My Bestsellers Clerk

Re: New main character picture from P.T. website

Post by Lifetolifeless »

If I don't import a bunch of assumptions about other characters I've seen Mr. Reedus portray, this portrait itself shows someone who's been through a lot. Rich material for the town to work with.

Patience is the darkest side of power.
jdnation
Historical Society Historian

Post by jdnation »

Looks like daytime / foggy world.
Rev
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by Rev »

Man, that's some A+ quality textures going on there.
Matt S
Gravedigger

Post by Matt S »

Looks awesome for sure!
RIP Silent Hills
unreadphilosophy

Post by unreadphilosophy »

Reedus is the type of guy that you would find in Silent Hill. He has that gritty, survivalist persona that you'd discover in someone trying to make his way through such a world.
redrum
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by redrum »

One thing I've noticed, he's not got a clip on flashlight, so that either means he has to put it away in combat, or there is no combat, maybe. :) Or perhaps he will have a handy torch holder like Murphy did.
jdnation

Post by jdnation »

redrum wrote:One thing I've noticed, he's not got a clip on flashlight, so that either means he has to put it away in combat, or there is no combat, maybe. :) Or perhaps he will have a handy torch holder like Murphy did.
Well technically you can also hold a torch and gun/weapon at the same time. Though it's not as efficient with regards to melee weapons, but with a little know-how a handgun and torch can be utilized.
Dutchman
Gravedigger

Post by Dutchman »

I don't know if anyone has noticed it yet, but the main character seems to wear the same kind of jacket as the main character in P.T. (just stand in front of the bathroom mirror and you know what I mean) So does this mean that they are more interrelated than it has been proposed earlier by the development team?
[img]http://i305.photobucket.com/albums/nn230/Ghoul68/banner_shh_4.png[/img]
Patman
Gravedigger

Post by Patman »

Dutchman wrote:I don't know if anyone has noticed it yet, but the main character seems to wear the same kind of jacket as the main character in P.T. (just stand in front of the bathroom mirror and you know what I mean) So does this mean that they are more interrelated than it has been proposed earlier by the development team?
His face seems to match too, at least what little we can glimpse of it.
As for PT' s final statement I took it as "this is a work in progress, things aren' t set in stone yet". They might already be set on what they do or don' t want to keep, but even if that' s the case they still have more than enough time to change their minds. Besides they' d be foolish not to pay attention to the feedback.
jdnation

Post by jdnation »

Dutchman wrote:I don't know if anyone has noticed it yet, but the main character seems to wear the same kind of jacket as the main character in P.T. (just stand in front of the bathroom mirror and you know what I mean) So does this mean that they are more interrelated than it has been proposed earlier by the development team?
I believe that's because it is the same model. THe mirror in the bathroom carefully avoids showing you the face. I don't think it means that P.T. and Silent Hills are heavily related, just that they used assets from the game itself to put P.T. together. I wouldn't be surprised if the hallway does show up somewhere in the final game just for feels.
Rev
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by Rev »

jdnation wrote:THe mirror in the bathroom carefully avoids showing you the face.
Oh, I was wondering if there was a way for you to see the character's face in the bathroom mirror since I'm not currently able to play the games myself.
Dutchman
Gravedigger

Post by Dutchman »

jdnation wrote:I wouldn't be surprised if the hallway does show up somewhere in the final game just for feels.
It would indeed be awesome if the developers managed to incorporate some elements from PT into the game if only through easter eggs or snippets of environment. It would be a nice homage and tribute to the demo that captured the globe so quickly and of course a wink at the audience for enduring PT at the time.
[img]http://i305.photobucket.com/albums/nn230/Ghoul68/banner_shh_4.png[/img]
demon child 7
Just Passing Through

Post by demon child 7 »

Dutchman wrote:
jdnation wrote:I wouldn't be surprised if the hallway does show up somewhere in the final game just for feels.
It would indeed be awesome if the developers managed to incorporate some elements from PT into the game if only through easter eggs or snippets of environment. It would be a nice homage and tribute to the demo that captured the globe so quickly and of course a wink at the audience for enduring PT at the time.
I think that with all they put into this P.T. I would be really surprised if something from P.T. didn't end up in the final game. I think it would be cool to see something like this as long as it doesn't play exactly like P.T.
dias17se
Just Passing Through

Post by dias17se »

Dutchman wrote:

If the game is scary and well done that won´t be needed right ? Should be just like PT
Its Gone Now
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by Its Gone Now »

This is getting super exiting now, can't wait to see some gameplay.

Just because he doesn't have a flashlight clip in the image doesn't mean he won't have one in the final game, they probably just thought it looked more like SH that way as opposed to him holding say a gun or a lead pipe or something.

Seriously this is what is going to force my hand into getting a PS4, along with Fallout 4 (its going to happen)