Black Hound: A new horror game from Kojima?

Come here to chat about Kojima's now sadly defunct Silent Hills.

Moderator: Moderators

Alexius Corvinus
Brookhaven Receptionist

Black Hound: A new horror game from Kojima?

Post by Alexius Corvinus »

As stated in the title. Personally, I think it is fake (Nintendo Dreamcast? Come on) but with Kojima, there is a slight chance of this being legit. Given that news else where states that Kojima is a contractor for Konami until the end of the year, I remain skeptical. Still, I would be blown away if it turned out to be true.

Supposedly the ingsoc.org website was registered on March 3, before the Kojima/Konami debacle went public on March 19 (ingsoc is a 1984 reference). It's an elaborate hoax (possibly by someone in the know) or it is unrelated to Kojima, or both. The least likely option is that it is real.

http://www.relyonhorror.com/latest-news ... rror-game/

http://www.ingsoc.org

The current tag line on the site is "Don't let Armageddon Stop You," and before that, "The World is a Big, Scary Place." Also, if you check the source code, a message appears at the bottom of the code page if you are on PC/Mac.
There is also a Kojima Lives Twitter page that is related to the website.

I hope it is something, but I remain skeptical. Still, I have a few wishful thinking theories on what it could be.

-A new Kojima horror game, with or without Konami's blessing (Konami said there would still be discussions on Silent Hill with Kojima and DelToro though I really think that's just PR).
-Silent Hills was revived or repackaged.
-Silent Hills became Black Hound
-Black Hound is MGSV DLC).
-Black Hound is MGS V DLC with a curve ball-the DLC is actually a repackaging of Silent Hills and PT-a game within a game sounds ridiculous).

I think it's either a hoax, MGS V DLC, or a spiritual successor of Silent Hills, with or without Kojima or Konami's input.
aj4x94
Historical Society Historian

Re: Black Hound: A new horror game from Kojima?

Post by aj4x94 »

I heard about this and I remain skeptical. We already got burnt once with this. Though as I always say: I love being proven wrong. If it really is another horror project with Kojima on board, great.
You can take my heart
And hold it together as we fall apart
Maybe together we can make a mark in the stars we embark
And keep us together as the lights go dark
Alexius Corvinus
Brookhaven Receptionist

Yeah, I understand that. I really want to play a new quality Silent Hill title or Silent Hill spiritual successor.

I may as well consider it a hoax until proven otherwise though. I only knew about this website for a week, yet supposedly, the website was online since May and registered March 1 and there is a Twitter page called Kojima Lives with pics.

People point to the fact that the servers for the site are in the US, but it's strange that the swordorwhip.com website (for IGA's Bloodstained) was also registered in Washington state, not Japan (same location, different servers, both in the US).

The one thing that possibly points to it being an elaborate hoax was the Nintendo Dreamcast banner at the bottom. Of course, someone could convincingly explain it away. A possible red herring. It's also the Dreamcast's 16th anniversary today, only two days before the countdown stops. The image on the site updated today. What is also weird is that blackhound.com leads to wholesale.ca, a Canadian web address with a US location, and impossible phone numbers, along with links that don't work. There's blurred out pictures of dogs. It also has a poll, asking for your favorite color. The choices are green, red, black and magenta, the same choices for blood in the Silent Hill games.

It's like it's all real and fake at the same time. But I'll have to go with a fake until proven otherwise. I will keep looking at the site until the timer stops and disappointment ultimately settles in.

Updates: There are new updates to the Kojima Lives Twitter page. The name pic is now the Black Hound logo with a pic of what looks like a pick of a black dog's legs standing next to some kind of white tarp? The first is an MGS reference while the latter is a SH reference. There is also a new image with a stuffed bunny on the top of the page. Also on Kojima's official English Japanese accounts, there is a pick of David Bowie's 1984/Diamond Dogs with the numerals 9/11. It might just be a coincidence but the title of that tweet is 1984. Perhaps ingsoc.org-the ingsoc is in reference to George Orwell's Nineteen Eighty-Four. Also, Kojima retweeted a walking dead image. I should note that the Black Hound logo symbol is a triquetra, or a knot like symbol, perhaps in reference to the Triple Goddess-the maiden, the mother and the crone. The K and H in Black Hound look different from the other letters. Another Kojima reference? Alright, I'm thinking way to much into this.
Mephisto

Post by Mephisto »

Nintendo Dreamcast? :lol:

The Dreamcast was a console made by SEGA and a game was released for that same console last year, believe it or not. So the idea is not too far-fetched.

Also... MGS: TPP DLC? Oh, for fucks sake...
Alexius Corvinus
Brookhaven Receptionist

Yeah, I know about the SEGA Dreamcast and I will be somewhat disappointed if the whole reveal is just MGS V: TPP DLC. If it's real, please let it be horror related. Please. I need my damned supernatural and psychological horror game fix on the PS4.
Mantorok
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by Mantorok »

Unless I'm wrong wasn't Black Hound the name of the 3rd Baldur's Gate game that was cancelled like 14 years ago.
jdnation

Post by jdnation »

Some other odd thing is going on over here. Make of it what you will...
http://m.neogaf.com/showthread.php?t=1110686
Alexius Corvinus
Brookhaven Receptionist

It's a fake. I knew it.
Alexius Corvinus
Brookhaven Receptionist

Yeah I just saw it. I'm not buying that XOF tweet. This is all probably just another red herring as the site was placed up too quickly before the count ends, hence why that black hound game site no longer displays. Il so, the protagonist is a double amputee yet can use me lee weapons? Wouldn't it make more sense to focus on firearms more if you're in a wheelchair? Something is off. Still, I think it's either a hoax or a fan made game. If I'm wrong I will be the first to admit it.

UPDATE: I knew it. It was all a hoax. Fake.
aj4x94

Post by aj4x94 »

Glad I didn't get my hopes.
You can take my heart
And hold it together as we fall apart
Maybe together we can make a mark in the stars we embark
And keep us together as the lights go dark
jdnation

Post by jdnation »

All this for a petition.

I ain't even mad. Would play again.
Alexius Corvinus
Brookhaven Receptionist

There are some people who actually believe that the hoax is part of some greater conspiracy, and that the whole Kojima/Konami debacle may have been a ruse. Yeah right! I'll believe it if something tangible relating to Kojima and Konami materializes. Until then, it's all BS and I am done with it.

I've been getting some weird vibes regarding PT as of late. It might be nothing, though.