Kojima working for Sony!!

Come here to chat about Kojima's now sadly defunct Silent Hills.

Moderator: Moderators

Tuniko
Just Passing Through

Kojima working for Sony!!

Post by Tuniko »

Hello Guys.

This isn't really "PT" news, but, since the battle against Kojima/Konami were the biggest issue that made the game get cancelled..

"Sony just made it official: former Konami superstar (and Metal Gear creator) Hideo Kojima has grown a beard. Oh, and formed a new studio, which is working with Sony on a PlayStation 4 exclusive.

It’s not a Sony studio; it’s an independent team, which will be known as...Kojima Productions. The deal announces that Kojima Productions’ “first software title [is] a console exclusive to the PlayStation®4 computer entertainment system.”

Here’s their very swank new logo:

The announcement brings to an end one of the most long-winded and bizarre sagas in the history of the video game industry (which you can catch up on below if you need a refresher).

"

http://kotaku.com/its-official-hideo-ko ... 1748265892
Skele
Subway Guard

Re: Kojima working for Sony!!

Post by Skele »

Yeah, read all this on IGN. I'm glad he's finally parted ways with Konami, but looks as if he's making some kind of game involving mechs for his first project, so I'll more than likely be passing. Hopefully that idea he and Del Toro had for a horror game gets made at some point.
AuraTwilight
Historical Society Historian

Post by AuraTwilight »

Watch Sony have enough basic decency to get everyone together from the Silent Hills project to make Totally Not Silent Hills.
[quote="BlackFire2"]I thought he meant the special powers of her vagina.[/quote]
Alexius Corvinus
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by Alexius Corvinus »

Mech or mechs (Japanese: Meka?) could still mean mechanical, especially since vehicle artists are called mechanical artists in Japan. They're usually responsible for anything mechanical (robots, cars, or clocks, etc).

The bottom line is that we will not know for certain until the game is closer to being revealed. The Animator job listing mentioned "monster, etc" animations, for example.
jdnation
Historical Society Historian

Post by jdnation »

AuraTwilight wrote:Watch Sony have enough basic decency to get everyone together from the Silent Hills project to make Totally Not Silent Hills.
Technically they'll leave this up to Kojima and just sign off on the publishing agreement.

Kojima will have to go around fultoning everyone he can to his Mother Base.

Life imitating art.
Seal of Megatron
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by Seal of Megatron »

jdnation wrote:
AuraTwilight wrote:Watch Sony have enough basic decency to get everyone together from the Silent Hills project to make Totally Not Silent Hills.
Technically they'll leave this up to Kojima and just sign off on the publishing agreement.

Kojima will have to go around fultoning everyone he can to his Mother Base.

Life imitating art.
Now that would be something to see. Somebody just standing there outside tesco with their shopping then whooosh.
Who's the man? Me!!
Tabris
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by Tabris »

Damn happy to hear about this. Kojima deserves a lot better than Konami.

It just sadfaces my existence to know so many amazing titles are still under that shitshow of a company.

Can't wait to see what he comes up with over the next 5-10 years.