TWO New SH Games In Development??? (New SH Game Rumours)

Everything we know - and don't know, I guess - about all those Silent Hill rumours.

Moderator: Moderators

Leo Ho Tep
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Re: TWO New SH Games In Development??? (New SH Game Rumours)

Post by Leo Ho Tep »

With rumors or Konami wanting to unveil the long rumored MGS 3 remake, I hope they won't forget to update us on the Silent Hill front. I'm not expecting them to show "f" or townfall but a gameplay trailer of SH 2 with a release date would be more than enough to make me happy.

It's not clear to me, if the reveal trailer has any gameplay footage. It seems to me that the shot of James walking along a bulding could be gameplay, but other than that, I don"t think we've seen any so far and I really want to see how the meat of the game will look.
The Adversary
RESPECT

Post by The Adversary »

[removed]
This post is the property of its author and is not to be used elsewhere without explicit permission from the author.

. . . AND THAT'S THAT.
Alexius Corvinus
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by Alexius Corvinus »

If Konami has a lot to show, I could imagine them revealing them at the Showcase. Then they would show more of those games at their own showcase. We might see something from SH2R, MGS3R, possibly the rumored Castlevania game, and maybe, just maybe, the Short Message. Fingers crossed.
jdnation
Historical Society Historian

Post by jdnation »

Droo wrote: 18 May 2023
leftshoe18 wrote: 18 May 2023 Silent Hill 2 remake release date please
I would say that's very probable.
Can't wait to see the pre-order bonuses and expensive collector's edition tier lists... :lol:

If The Short Message is still a thing, I can see Konami tying it to purchases.

Anyway, here's hoping we'll finally get an official Silent Hill Series Art Book.
leftshoe18
Rosewater Park Attendant

Post by leftshoe18 »

We got nothing.
sh#1fan

Post by sh#1fan »

Nuuuuuuuuuuu....
Great showcase. Like really great, but no Silent Hill :(
oO?
jdnation

Post by jdnation »

Welp... Only Geoff Keighley can help us now... Because I'll be highly surprised if Microsoft will have anything.

At least MGS Snake Eater is confirmed, and it would be wonderful if Konami is also working on classic ports of SH like it is giving MGS.

The showcase overall was m'eh if not bad. I really do miss the pizazz of old E3. Only other things of note for me personally were Spidey 2 and the new game from that Journey fellow. Not everything needs to appeal to me of course, but at least old E3 shows could keep your intrest through the format and showmanship.

I think that when the execs were forced to go onstage, they at least knew they had to associate themselves with something more memorable. These streams are essentially just trailer reels. The State of Plays feel more human with the voiceover people.
Ww_Andi_
Just Passing Through

Post by Ww_Andi_ »

I was really hoping for an update on sh2 remake at the showcase, so I could plan accordingly and have something to look forward to but alas no luck. It was a good showcase, but
It's been a long time since we got a full silent hill game. This waiting is killing me.
Alexius Corvinus
Brookhaven Receptionist

This shouldn’t have surprised me as games now take at least three to five years to make.
Droo

Post by Droo »

I also love how Ubisoft can pump out 75 Assassin's Creed sequels but still hasn't delivered Beyond Good & Evil 2.
"Oh yeah, I've been here before
I can see it with eyes closed
Shadows that look like blood
Dead as far as the mind goes
Fear that comes from my head
Lives in the mirror"
jdnation

Post by jdnation »

Alexius Corvinus wrote: 25 May 2023 This shouldn’t have surprised me as games now take at least three to five years to make.
Capcom doesn't have that problem. Capcom has been the only dev/pub that's been totally killing it with their output. It's utterly amazing how good their turnover is from project to project.

SH2 is reportedly close to completion. Konami likely just wanted to focus on Snake Eater, but the reveal was whatever, and the screens on their site suggest nothing impressive about this remake. I doubt it'll match the quality of the PS5 Last of Us Remake or even Demons Souls, and the reveal suggests they aren't that far into it.

Say what you want about Bloober, but at least SH2 looks impressive from a graphical standpoint. The kind of leap I'd expect at minimum for a next gen game.

If games are taking longer, it is likely more to do with mismanagement or scopes that insist on open world or multiplayer and GAAS elements.

Between Bloober and Capcom, the traditional linear single player title looks to continue to be made efficiently.

Insomniac has also done impressively, granted they are building upon the same map for their open world spidey games.
Alexius Corvinus
Brookhaven Receptionist

Since no one else here brought this up…

https://www.eurogamer.net/updates-for-s ... ker-claims

Summary: Dusk Golem said recently on Discord that trailers for SH2R, Ascension, and Townfall should be shown very soon. One of them might be shown before June. He doesn’t know if the Short Message was cancelled or not.He also said SH2R and Ascension look great and that Townfall looks interesting, to paraphrase.

Credit: Vixx, Eurogamer
Vixx
Founder & Administrator
Founder & Administrator

Post by Vixx »

I'm always a little surprised at the unbridled venom people have for Golem. I mean, I haven't commenced a scientific survey or anything, but they seem to have been right more times than not, you know? 🤷‍♀️
V xx

© 2003-2024 Vixx. The contents of this post may only be used within the boundaries of silenthillforum.com. Any usage outside of the aforementioned forum is strictly prohibited. No, I can't believe this place is still up and running, either.
leftshoe18
Rosewater Park Attendant

Post by leftshoe18 »

I feel like Dusk is easily one of the most accurate and reliable leakers around. I don't get the hate for him at all.
NanayaShiki
SHH Cult & SHHF Moderator
SHH Cult & SHHF Moderator

Post by NanayaShiki »

Things were shaky around Dusk a few years ago. He had consistently wrong Resident Evil leaks, he was getting involved in silly console war shit, and his Silent Hill info wasn't panning out the way he was expecting, and since the audience has no way to know what was bullshit and what had just changed since he heard about it, everything looked suspicious, especially when every time he'd get things wrong he'd go on a huge twitter rant about how he's "just a fan" and then claim he was quitting leaking only to be back a few weeks later.

That said, since then he seems to have improved a lot. He clearly does have real sources, especially for Silent Hill stuff, and I think he's gotten smarter about what he does and doesn't choose to say/show. But I think a lot of people have just gotten tired of the whole "I know something, it should be coming soon, but I won't say what" type of leaks, so for some that improvement doesn't matter, they've already decided to dislike him.
jdnation

Post by jdnation »

There's only a few days left in May.

It was probably better that Konami sat out of the Sony showcase given it's reception. But I'll be surprised if they just shadow dropped these trailers. I'd have at least expected a Konami SH showcase like before and that they'd announce it in advance.

It could be a case where some magazine/outlet/website/YT channel gets a scoop, and they reveal new content suddenly as part of a behind-the-scene preview.
The Adversary
RESPECT

Post by The Adversary »

Celina—the host of The Silent Hill Transmission—tweeted this a few days ago:

“I think a lot of us are craving for more info of future Silent Hill games… 👀”

It was followed up with this:

“I mean… they MAY have in store for us very soon…”

I definitely read an emphasis on MAY, as in the end of this month. And the 31st is a Wednesday.
This post is the property of its author and is not to be used elsewhere without explicit permission from the author.

. . . AND THAT'S THAT.
leftshoe18
Rosewater Park Attendant

Post by leftshoe18 »

Dusk is teasing imminent Silent Hill news again: https://twitter.com/AestheticGamer1/sta ... KqCQw&s=19
Droo

Post by Droo »

leftshoe18 wrote: 30 May 2023 Dusk is teasing imminent Silent Hill news again: https://twitter.com/AestheticGamer1/sta ... KqCQw&s=19
First trailer for Ascension just dropped. Nanaya already has a thread on it in that section.
"Oh yeah, I've been here before
I can see it with eyes closed
Shadows that look like blood
Dead as far as the mind goes
Fear that comes from my head
Lives in the mirror"
jdnation

Post by jdnation »

Well, it looks like Ascension is all we're getting for now.

Since it's expected to launch this year, there is likely some SH focused event happening, I suspect by the fall we'll get another Konami direct.