TWO New SH Games In Development??? (New SH Game Rumours)

Everything we know - and don't know, I guess - about all those Silent Hill rumours.

Moderator: Moderators

MistahJ
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Re: TWO New SH Games In Development??? (New SH Game Rumours)

Post by MistahJ »

It's great to get some extra confirmation, thank you Vixx! :)

I personally hope the games are a mix of first and third person. Maybe one of them could be like SH4, where the hub area is first person and the rest of the game is third person? Despite P.T. being in first person, I honestly didn't even consider the fact that Kojima is likely to make a third person game considering all of his games are that way. Plus the whole Norman Reedus thing.

I do agree that in a lot of ways I find first person games to be scarier, but there's something so nostalgic and special about third person horror to me. Whenever I see a new first person horror game get announced nowadays, I always expect it to be a walking simulator too, so there's also that.
"The truth is rarely pure and never simple" - Oscar Wilde

(somethinglacking on Discord)
jdnation
Historical Society Historian

Post by jdnation »

VGC claims to have some new details they've heard.

Reconfirm Silent Hill 2 Remake by Bloober
- Reworked AI
- Reworked animations
- Several New Endings
- Timed PlayStation Exclusive

Reconfirm New mainline game
- Made in Japan

Short Stories anthology
- Seem to be short indy experiences
- Multiple 'episodic' games releasing overtime.
- Annapurna is reportedly involved in discussions.
- Supermassive were involved at one point, but then decided to take their ideas and do the Dark Pictures anthology.
- Other studios are also in talks.

New Playable Teaser
- Codenamed 'Sakura.'
- All the leaked images from DuskG are from the 'new P.T.'
- Will be made available for free.
- Meant to promote all the new SH projects

https://www.videogameschronicle.com/new ... c-stories/

So I guess what DuskG said about "3.5" games means P.T.2 is the 0.5 game.

I like the idea of an anthology project. Seeing different creative studios do something in their own preferred art style and play to their strengths. These would probably be episodic digital releases, but I'd prefer to wait for a physical collection with them all on disc.

Some are speculating the Nocode (Observation) might be the studio Annapurna has on it as it seems they mentioned working on a big horror project.
Droo

Post by Droo »

🤯🤯🤯

Man, I hope this isn't all setting us up for more disappointment. This two year thread has been an absolutely wild ride so far.
"Oh yeah, I've been here before
I can see it with eyes closed
Shadows that look like blood
Dead as far as the mind goes
Fear that comes from my head
Lives in the mirror"
leftshoe18
Rosewater Park Attendant

Post by leftshoe18 »

Jonipoon wrote: 16 May 2022 We've had amnesia in Origins, Homecoming, Shattered Memories and Downpour, and I'm pretty tired of developers not being able to move past the themes of SH2.
The only one of those with amnesia was Homecoming.

Travis and Murphy showed no signs of having forgotten the things that were revealed to the player.

Cheryl was fixated on an idealized version of her father.
Alexius Corvinus
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by Alexius Corvinus »

Reveal the games already, Konami and Sony!

Anyway, isn’t it odd Gematsu didn’t report on this, yet?
The Adversary
RESPECT

Post by The Adversary »

>Travis and Murphy showed no signs of having forgotten the things that were revealed to the player.<
Travis didn't seem to really remember his mother trying to kill him. Or his father committing suicide.
This post is the property of its author and is not to be used elsewhere without explicit permission from the author.

. . . AND THAT'S THAT.
Droo

Post by Droo »

I also think Travis was amnesiac.
Lives in the mirror"
Alexius Corvinus
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by Alexius Corvinus »

Anyone else want to speculate when we might see these games being revealed? I think we’ll see the Project Sakura demo at Summer Games Fest. Or, if Sony has some kind of showcase, we could see it in early June. We probably won’t see the mainline Japanese game until Sony’s September showcase or TGA. Maybe the other two games will be shown at one of the events.
Droo

Post by Droo »

Now that the leak and the copyright takedown has happened. I predict the reveal is going to be very soon. If they weren't planning on "soon" this moved the timeline up considerably, I'd say.
Lives in the mirror"
jdnation

Post by jdnation »

Hey everyone, this Silent Hill leaks and rumors train ride keeps on giving and doesn't stop! :lol:
https://silenthillforum.com/viewtopic.p ... 22#p696822

Also here is an old video of No Code teasing their horror project. They seem excited and mention that it is something they never would have imagined being able to work on, which does allude to working on someone else's famous IP.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?time_contin ... =emb_title
tbonesays
Hope House Careworker

Post by tbonesays »

Vixx wrote: 15 May 2022 Double-posting but it's my forum, so...

Okay, so sadly I can't explain how I know this or I'm going to get someone in trouble, but I can now confirm that the images are 100% real and 100% from a Silent Hill game. My source could/would not confirm the developer, though. Was supposed to have been announced last year but COVID delayed it.

I have no idea if/how it's changed since the document was first circulated, but these are real and legitimate.

So there you have it.
Was it say, 90% of a controlled leak?
Vixx
Founder & Administrator
Founder & Administrator

Post by Vixx »

Possibly. The images are from a two-year-old pitch document and if the images were tiny and low-res, I'd think it not. But given Dusk Golem had full-size, high-res copies of the images makes me think it may be the case...
V xx

© 2003-2024 Vixx. The contents of this post may only be used within the boundaries of silenthillforum.com. Any usage outside of the aforementioned forum is strictly prohibited. No, I can't believe this place is still up and running, either.
saevitia
Woodside Apartments Janitor

Post by saevitia »

And now I'm seeing that there's a rumor its not TWO games in production, but THREE? How likely is this to be? Is a Silent HIll 2 remake really happening?

Yuki

Post by Yuki »

I don't trust Bloober at all, having seen what they've done with the mental health and trauma aspects of Layers of Fear, its sequel, and The Medium. I really don't mind the idea of a somewhat reimagined SH2, even if it pisses off the fanbase--I love seeing how people mix things up and bring new ideas to old content--but I wish that they'd redo the HD Collection and do it properly this time if they're going to do a new take on SH2.

I can't imagine that they'd have multiple modes or anything in this potential Bloober redo of SH2 (like a "classic version" and then "reimagined version" or anything), so I'm genuinely wary about how the fanbase is going to react in general to whatever happens. :/

The episodic/smaller releases idea sounds fantastic, though. With the variety of scenarios that people could go through in Silent Hill, it would be a great way of getting more stories in the setting that don't necessarily need to impact the overall canon.
Droo

Post by Droo »

Yuki wrote: 17 May 2022

The episodic/smaller releases idea sounds fantastic, though. With the variety of scenarios that people could go through in Silent Hill, it would be a great way of getting more stories in the setting that don't necessarily need to impact the overall canon.
Hey, welcome back, Yuki! So nice how some old familiar names have been returning as of late.

I also love the idea of short episodic entries. The idea of getting periodic mini-instalments without having to wait years in between mainline games is very exciting!
Lives in the mirror"
Yuki

Post by Yuki »

Droo wrote: 17 May 2022
Yuki wrote: 17 May 2022

Hey, welcome back, Yuki! So nice how some old familiar names have been returning as of late.

I also love the idea of short episodic entries. The idea of getting periodic mini-instalments without having to wait years in between mainline games is very exciting!
Thanks, Droo! It's good to be back--I've missed this place :)

Having shorter entries could also be a great place for them to explore new horror concepts. Since they're shorter experiences and (hopefully) a little less difficult to develop, there's potential for a lot of amazing ideas!
Droo

Post by Droo »

Short stories could also be a place to get really experimental and weird without the risk of the expense of a full entry. The more I think about the short stories rumour the more excited I get about it. :D
Lives in the mirror"
Wigeke
Woodside Apartments Janitor

Post by Wigeke »

jdnation wrote: 16 May 2022 VGC claims to have some new details they've heard.

Reconfirm Silent Hill 2 Remake by Bloober
- Reworked AI
- Reworked animations
- Several New Endings
- Timed PlayStation Exclusive

Reconfirm New mainline game
- Made in Japan

Short Stories anthology
- Seem to be short indy experiences
- Multiple 'episodic' games releasing overtime.
- Annapurna is reportedly involved in discussions.
- Supermassive were involved at one point, but then decided to take their ideas and do the Dark Pictures anthology.
- Other studios are also in talks.

New Playable Teaser
- Codenamed 'Sakura.'
- All the leaked images from DuskG are from the 'new P.T.'
- Will be made available for free.
- Meant to promote all the new SH projects

So I guess what DuskG said about "3.5" games means P.T.2 is the 0.5 game.

I like the idea of an anthology project. Seeing different creative studios do something in their own preferred art style and play to their strengths. These would probably be episodic digital releases, but I'd prefer to wait for a physical collection with them all on disc.

Some are speculating the Nocode (Observation) might be the studio Annapurna has on it as it seems they mentioned working on a big horror project.
If this entire plan is true I'd be ecstatic, Bloober proved with the Medium that they can pull off some cool technical stuff so I'm completely ok with they handling a remake.

EDIT: I'm also happy that Kojima doesn't seem to be involved in any of them. I really don't think he has the writing skills to pull it off.
jdnation

Post by jdnation »

Bloober offers a "no comment" aka something is happening.
https://www.ign.com/articles/silent-hil ... oober-team

The instagram model's account is either playing along or confirming her role, no confirmation yet.

DuskG is quitting being a leaker due to harrassment he has been getting.
https://mobile.twitter.com/AestheticGam ... 6236269568
Last edited by jdnation on 17 May 2022, edited 1 time in total.