TWO New SH Games In Development??? (New SH Game Rumours)

Everything we know - and don't know, I guess - about all those Silent Hill rumours.

Moderator: Moderators

jdnation
Historical Society Historian

Re: TWO New SH Games In Development??? (New SH Game Rumours)

Post by jdnation »

Kojima seems to have "responded" by re-tweeting these past images.
https://twitter.com/Kojima_Hideo/status ... 5213668352

There was also this one.

Jeff Grub also heard more things. Starts at 1:30 in:
https://youtu.be/kE8fmT1ysOc

- 4 games
- SH5 - Japanese studio, images leaked are related to that.
- Bloober SH2 remake will be faithful, apparently it sounds like they've been specifically ordered not to stray from the original, but gameplay will be modernized and in UnReal Engine 5.
- A western made game, published by a Western studio (not Konami?), could be Annapurna, but Grubb feels it's a different company, and tied into a larger Silent Hill multi-media project, possibly even the announced movie or a TV series. Many companies are competing for the project. Konami is happy with the reception of the Castlevania animated series and wants to do similar things with their other properties.
- Another Spin-off, possible Mobile game, done in Taiwan, but it might get cancelled.
- Konami plans a big coming-out party for Silent Hill, wanted to do it last E3.
- Believes we'll at least hear about at least one of these projects this E3.

DuskG hasn't heard anything about the above, but guessed that the Taiwan game could be by Red Candle (Devotion).

Capcom is already working on Pragmata for Sony. They could do it, but I really doubt it's them. It's more likely that the project was SCEJ and it continued on under Team Asobi towards completion after its formal closure.

Kojima also seems to be hinting at a space-game with the hiring, though he often likes to refer to his studio and ambitions as going to space, a dream he's had since childhood and why Ludens is a space man.
https://twitter.com/HIDEO_KOJIMA_EN/sta ... 7410893824

I doubt these images were a controlled leak. Konami likely wouldn't have issued a DMCA. And even then, I think they wouldn't have issued it until DuskG admitted he had a lot more images, so they likely didn't want any more coming out and going in with a heavy hand helps prevent that. DuskG likely put it out because he knows an announcement is imminent and I believe him that he wants to avoid spoiling too much and just wished to prove that the project was happening. I think this E3-season could be the one!
Jonipoon
Subway Guard

Post by Jonipoon »

With E3 2022 cancelled however, perhaps an official announcement could come even sooner than that.
I EAT GALAXIES FOR BREAKFAST.
Vixx
Founder & Administrator
Founder & Administrator

Post by Vixx »

jdnation wrote: 21 May 2022 I doubt these images were a controlled leak. Konami likely wouldn't have issued a DMCA. And even then, I think they wouldn't have issued it until DuskG admitted he had a lot more images, so they likely didn't want any more coming out and going in with a heavy hand helps prevent that. DuskG likely put it out because he knows an announcement is imminent and I believe him that he wants to avoid spoiling too much and just wished to prove that the project was happening. I think this E3-season could be the one!
Ah, but it's the DMCA strike that convinced people that the leak was real, which does support the idea of a controlled leak. If Konami had done nothing - which is what it was doing up until that point - people would still think Dusk was full of shit. I can't make my mind up - I keep oscillating between the two schools of thought - but I wouldn't be surprised if it was a controlled leak...
V xx

© 2003-2024 Vixx. The contents of this post may only be used within the boundaries of silenthillforum.com. Any usage outside of the aforementioned forum is strictly prohibited. No, I can't believe this place is still up and running, either.
Droo

Post by Droo »

Vixx wrote: 22 May 2022
jdnation wrote: 21 May 2022 I doubt these images were a controlled leak. Konami likely wouldn't have issued a DMCA. And even then, I think they wouldn't have issued it until DuskG admitted he had a lot more images, so they likely didn't want any more coming out and going in with a heavy hand helps prevent that. DuskG likely put it out because he knows an announcement is imminent and I believe him that he wants to avoid spoiling too much and just wished to prove that the project was happening. I think this E3-season could be the one!
Ah, but it's the DMCA strike that convinced people that the leak was real, which does support the idea of a controlled leak. If Konami had done nothing - which is what it was doing up until that point - people would still think Dusk was full of shit. I can't make my mind up - I keep oscillating between the two schools of thought - but I wouldn't be surprised if it was a controlled leak...
I thought you were convinced this all was legit? Did something change? :o
"Oh yeah, I've been here before
I can see it with eyes closed
Shadows that look like blood
Dead as far as the mind goes
Fear that comes from my head
Lives in the mirror"
jdnation

Post by jdnation »

I'm wondering if there is headway on a TV series coming, and if the game side projects are related to it.

Netflix has also got into game publishing with small projects based on their IPs. They could have been haggling for the Silent Hill TV rights and also for publishing games based on their specific adaptation. Maybe they'd even tap Guillermo Del Toro to direct or produce it. He is already making an anthology horror project with them.
Vixx wrote: 22 May 2022Ah, but it's the DMCA strike that convinced people that the leak was real, which does support the idea of a controlled leak. If Konami had done nothing - which is what it was doing up until that point - people would still think Dusk was full of shit. I can't make my mind up - I keep oscillating between the two schools of thought - but I wouldn't be surprised if it was a controlled leak...
I think Konami was faced with a dilemma.

Do nothing, but risk more images leaking that might risk more negativity based upon judging old materials that might spoil even more. DuskG said he had a lot more, and they have no way of knowing what he specifically has or if he'll be tempted to release more just to please his sceptics.

Or issue the DMCA, which would confirm their authenticity, but help prevent more leaks, and major press outlets would avoid sharing the leaked materials to avoid strikes.

If an announcement is coming soon anyway, the latter decision is the more optimal as it puts control back in Konami's hands as to what people will be allowed to see.

I also don't see the benefit of this being a controled leak. What would Konami benefit? Why wouldn't they use more polished assets? If they didn't mind people knowing, then why now and not a year ago when an official reveal was planned?
tbonesays
Hope House Careworker

Post by tbonesays »

jdnation wrote: 22 May 2022 I think Konami was faced with a dilemma.

Do nothing, but risk more images leaking that might risk more negativity based upon judging old materials that might spoil even more. DuskG said he had a lot more, and they have no way of knowing what he specifically has or if he'll be tempted to release more just to please his sceptics.

Or issue the DMCA, which would confirm their authenticity, but help prevent more leaks, and major press outlets would avoid sharing the leaked materials to avoid strikes.

If an announcement is coming soon anyway, the latter decision is the more optimal as it puts control back in Konami's hands as to what people will be allowed to see.

I also don't see the benefit of this being a controled leak. What would Konami benefit? Why wouldn't they use more polished assets? If they didn't mind people knowing, then why now and not a year ago when an official reveal was planned?
But it was covered. K got everyone talking about Silent Hill and the anyone who wants to see the pics can do so. All without spending a dime on marketing.
Vixx
Founder & Administrator
Founder & Administrator

Post by Vixx »

Droo wrote: 22 May 2022
Oh, no, it's 100% happening! My doubt was about whether or not it was an intentional/controlled leak, not if a game was on the way!
V xx

© 2003-2024 Vixx. The contents of this post may only be used within the boundaries of silenthillforum.com. Any usage outside of the aforementioned forum is strictly prohibited. No, I can't believe this place is still up and running, either.
Alexius Corvinus
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by Alexius Corvinus »

Hmm…🤔

https://twitter.com/thegameawards/statu ... 1555476480
19 years ago today SILENT HILL 3 was released for PlayStation 2 by
@Konami

What would you like to see in another SILENT HILL?
Droo

Post by Droo »

Vixx wrote: 23 May 2022
Droo wrote: 22 May 2022
Oh, no, it's 100% happening! My doubt was about whether or not it was an intentional/controlled leak, not if a game was on the way!
Oh good! :D
Lives in the mirror"
jdnation

Post by jdnation »

tbonesays wrote: 23 May 2022But it was covered. K got everyone talking about Silent Hill and the anyone who wants to see the pics can do so. All without spending a dime on marketing.
This would only be plausible if the leaked materials were from the final product, or at best, just concept art. But this wasn't the case here, and we ended up with a lot more negativity.

When controlled leaks happen, it is usually more word-of-mouth stuff given to this or that insider or press outlet and always designed to make the product sound good. Sometimes, these are also done to find the source of leaks so that they might stop them. Controlled leaks also aren't usually so all-over-the-place and tend to want to keep people's attention on one specific project with specific sounds-good details.

I'm not sure Konami, which has employees using numerical e-mail addresses which must also be changed semi-regularly, is the kind of corp that would do that sort of thing.

If anything the one sounds-good project, the Japanese one with Ito and perhaps the returning Team SH members is the one we know the least amount if details on despite having images, whereas the majority of people are just screaming, "BLOOBER!!!!"

We also don't know the state of Kojima/Konami's relationship. Konami acknowledged seeking out devs for multiple games, but never denied the Kojima rumors. KojiPro has also not made any statements to the contrary. This connection is the strongest hype-driver behind the rumors, even more so than the original Team-Silent crew as far as the mainstream is concerned, so they'd either push the Kojima angle or make certain that the leaks indicate it has nothing to do with KojiPro.

Then again, Kojima usually prefers to market things his way and being a guy who likes surprises and screwing with people, I don't think he would just leak old pics to DuskG. Kojima would more likely do a 'controlled leak' with a long con, like telling Norman Reedus to call the next game they are working on Death Stranding 2 and tell Del Toro to say he's not interested in games anymore, when it is in fact Silent Hills and everyone's back, just to flip the table on reveal-day. And yes, outside of legal and official press releases, they would all casually lie and play coy just for the fun of it. I'm not saying that's what is actually happening, only that this is how Kojima would prefer to do things. He'd leak things designed to mislead.
Alexius Corvinus
Brookhaven Receptionist

There was a recent interview featuring Fadille Waked in Portuguese. I’ve heard some second hand translations stating she’s not the girl with Kojima, she can’t say she’s involved in SH/is the I hate myself girl or not, and that people won’t be disappointed.

Here is the original interview, in Portuguese.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x873iWx7ImY

Edit: Yikes! This forum has died down a lot.
jdnation

Post by jdnation »

Well there hasn't been much news yet. Let's see what happens around June when companies start making announcements.
Droo

Post by Droo »

I'm hoping it will be announced at the games event happening on June 9th.

If so, activity will positively explode again, and probably for quite some time after it's officially confirmed.
Lives in the mirror"
Droo

Post by Droo »

State of Play June 2nd, said to be focus on third party games.

https://blog.playstation.com/2022/05/27 ... d-updates/

Could this be it???
Lives in the mirror"
Alexius Corvinus
Brookhaven Receptionist

With June’s Sony event being only a State of Play, my hope for these games being revealed this year has plummeted dramatically. 😭😭😭😭😭

Edit: I’ve tried to stay positive through all of this. I really have. Sitting through no show after no show is no fun. Then there’s all of this toxic negativity from the fanbase surrounding the new titles. Judging the games with scant information and few pictures. Then, there’s the pachinko nonsense and Oh, it will just be a mobile game with MTX lol. This shit put me in a depressive state. I am saying the fan base will end up being the death of these games because they cannot and will not ever be pleased. NOTHING will ever please them. NOTHING! I love the Silent Hill franchise very much, and will love it until I draw my last breath. I want to see the best for it and I want it to thrive again. But the fan base makes me want to hate it.
Last edited by Alexius Corvinus on 28 May 2022, edited 2 times in total.
jdnation

Post by jdnation »

This looks to be a bigger-than-usual State of Play considering they are specifically hyping up "exciting" reveals from 3rd parties and PSVR2 titles.

Though mileage of "exciting" 3rd parties may vary... It's likely Final Fantasy XVI may come up as the director has teased more info soon. Also there is Street Fighter 6 and maybe Pragmata from Capcom.

Whether Konami will show up is unknown, but I don't see why it's not possible for Silent Hill to show up. Especially if it is related to VR... We could get that new P.T. teaser.
Droo

Post by Droo »

I'll be at a concert on June 2nd so won't be able to watch live. I trust you will all keep me in the loop?
Lives in the mirror"
Vixx
Founder & Administrator
Founder & Administrator

Post by Vixx »

Alexius Corvinus wrote: 27 May 2022 I am saying the fan base will end up being the death of these games because they cannot and will not ever be pleased. NOTHING will ever please them. NOTHING! I love the Silent Hill franchise very much, and will love it until I draw my last breath. I want to see the best for it and I want it to thrive again. But the fan base makes me want to hate it.
PREACH. ❤️

PT was announced at Gamescom (August), not E3 (June), so I advise everyone be patient and cautious for now!
I'll be at a concert on June 2nd so won't be able to watch live. I trust you will all keep me in the loop?
I suspect your phone will blow up if it's announced, so worry not! :lol:
V xx

jdnation

Post by jdnation »

There was this news from back then... just sayin...

Silent Hill Trademark Update Rekindles Hope, Possibly A VR Title
https://www.relyonhorror.com/latest-new ... -vr-title/

Konami Updates ‘Silent Hill’ Trademark to Include VR
https://bloody-disgusting.com/video-gam ... nclude-vr/

Hideo Kojima Is Developing A PSVR 2 Game, According To Rumors
https://screenrant.com/hideo-kojima-psv ... lity-game/

The PSVR2 approach by Sony is looking to also allow VR games to be played traditionally on your TV so that the audience that doesn't have a headset can also play the game.

Assuming Sakura is PT2, I could definitely see them announce it as some 3rd party VR title demo in a small State of Play to throw people off. It won't be called P.T.2, don't know if Sakura will be the actual name... But I'd keep my eye out for any potentially small title or demo or free-2-play horror thing as a VR experience that might be unveiled from some little not-well known developer.

The Kojima story suggests he's working with an indy filmmaker Celine Tricart who makes VR films and documentaries.

https://www.celine-tricart.com/

This may be related to the photo of Kojima with the flashlight and the girl, as the leaker referenced it.
https://mobile.twitter.com/oopsleaks/st ... 9817132033

It's possible that this might be an interactive VR film/experience. Sony has done similar things recently with Radiohead, though that also involved Epic.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=xAcXFTtZsQo

So my guess is that we'll see some new horror VR experience announced for free that might be for both PSVR and PSVR2. This is probably the Sakura/PT thing, probably made in UnReal Engine and will be the stealth Silent Hill thing.
NanayaShiki
SHH Cult & SHHF Moderator
SHH Cult & SHHF Moderator

Post by NanayaShiki »

I'll say this. If the new Silent Hill projects get announced and Kojima isn't involved in any them, I think it'll be time to finally let that part of this go. The odds of him working with Konami again were always very slim at best and we know he's making Death Stranding 2 now. I won't say the odds are 0 at this particular point in time but I do hope if it doesn't happen people will be willing to move on.