TWO New SH Games In Development??? (New SH Game Rumours)

Everything we know - and don't know, I guess - about all those Silent Hill rumours.

Moderator: Moderators

Wigeke
Woodside Apartments Janitor

Re: TWO New SH Games In Development??? (New SH Game Rumours)

Post by Wigeke »

Anyone has any ideas of the timeline of next events where some of this could get officially revealed?
Droo

Post by Droo »

I think people are casting their eyes towards Summer Game Fest on June 9th, or an upcoming State of Play that hasn't been announced yet.
"Oh yeah, I've been here before
I can see it with eyes closed
Shadows that look like blood
Dead as far as the mind goes
Fear that comes from my head
Lives in the mirror"
Alexius Corvinus
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by Alexius Corvinus »

Will these games once again be a no show this year because they were leaked?
tbonesays
Hope House Careworker

Post by tbonesays »

jdnation wrote: 17 May 2022 Bloober offers a "no comment" aka something is happening.
https://www.ign.com/articles/silent-hil ... oober-team

The instagram model's account is either playing along or confirming her role, no confirmation yet.

DuskG is quitting being a leaker due to harrassment he has been getting.
https://mobile.twitter.com/AestheticGam ... 6236269568
Notice that she is not suing over theft of her image

I'll bet the over on DuskG :wink:
leftshoe18
Rosewater Park Attendant

Post by leftshoe18 »

Alexius Corvinus wrote: 18 May 2022 Will these games once again be a no show this year because they were leaked?
I think if the leak has any effect at all it would move up the reveal timeline rather than delay it. My guess is that it actually has no effect on when they're revealing it though.
Alexius Corvinus
Brookhaven Receptionist

leftshoe18 wrote: 18 May 2022
Alexius Corvinus wrote: 18 May 2022 Will these games once again be a no show this year because they were leaked?
I think if the leak has any effect at all it would move up the reveal timeline rather than delay it. My guess is that it actually has no effect on when they're revealing it though.

Thanks much, and I can see this not changing their plans.

Notice how that actress doesn’t technically confirm or deny anything, and she’s hiding things behind acting in jest. She’s probably under strict NDAs.

I’m starting to think this was a controlled leak, and that something is happening soon. Notice how things were conveniently leaked just before E3 season.
Droo

Post by Droo »

I look at it the same way that album release dates tend to get moved up if tracks are leaked online ahead of time. More than one Madonna album had its release date moved up as songs leaked onto the internet. I can see the same thing happening here in terms of official confirmation/first trailer/etc.
Lives in the mirror"
jdnation
Historical Society Historian

Post by jdnation »

If the reveal is intended to be part of a scheduled show/press conference, then the schedule won't change.

I do think the DuskG decided to leak it because something is imminent. So I'm guessing the E3 season in June will be it.

Or for all we know, the plan is to just release the new P.T. and fans will have to work together to solve it to unlock the official announcement trailer/trailers. That strategy would certainly sustain hype for at least a week, probably longer, and stronger than just streaming a trailer. I'm guessing that is the plan once again.

Kojima is likely doing the new PT again, and it is his MO to work with Instagram models for fun. Hot chicks have been featured in his games since MGS1. He started adding them as actual scanned characters since MGS4 with the Beauty & Beast Corps, also Quiet in Phantom Pain, and gave a relatively small model a role in Death Stranding.

Kojima would use a model for a small project like PT, but for any main game, he'd go with professional actors in the lead role either from film or gaming, and he has been remotely directing them with sime new fancy camera system from Japan to California. This model is working in Japan I think.

That said, it should be pointed out for clarity that people are associating the model with the CG character scan. But the model is not the one seen in the photograph with Kojima, which it seems the model is confirming. So the other girl with Kojima is unrelated, or possibly the mo-cap actress for the body.

My guess is that Kojima got the job for PT 2 as early as Aki Saito tweeting that they had to go 'silent' when the first rumors appeared. But only recently began full production on a new game which could be his proper Silent Hill project and those mo-cap and orchestra images are going to be part of the trailer for PT2 along with whatever the other Japanese game is. So there are probably at least two announcements in the second PT that may be unlocked separately. So the puzzle this time will be more difficult.

If Bloober has a teaser ready, maybe it'll also be included, but it still seems too early.

I'm guedding that PT2 will simply be openly called a Silent Hill playable teaser that will be dropped online immediately once announced on the Sony live-stream.
Droo

Post by Droo »

Basically my thoughts on the negativity already swirling about the leaked content: https://youtu.be/_gC2SuYJZpY?t=760

Couldn't have said it better myself.
Lives in the mirror"
leftshoe18
Rosewater Park Attendant

Post by leftshoe18 »

I hate how negative the communities of my two favorite franchises are (the other being Star Wars).
Alexius Corvinus
Brookhaven Receptionist

Yeah, the negativity is just bringing everything down. That’s one of the reasons why I’m trying to keep a positive attitude, though I sort of believe in the laws of attraction.
jdnation

Post by jdnation »

Norman Reedus has again confirmed that he working on a new game with Kojima, which he seems to refer to as Death Stranding part 2.
https://www.leoedit.com/culture/norman- ... of-an-era/

He has already mentioned it in the past before.
https://br.ign.com/death-stranding-ps4/ ... -sequencia
https://www.thegamer.com/norman-reedus- ... tions/amp/

What we're not certain about is whether Reedus literally means Death Stranding 2, or whether he is just loosely referring to Kojima's next project by that name.

Usually, NDAs prevent actors and staff from mentioning anything about officially unannounced stuff. It could be the case that Reedus is not used to working under Video Game industry secrecy and let things slip.

But, this is the second time he's openly said it, and you'd think some-one else or Kojima himself might've mentioned talked to him, if only to keep things as a "surprise." So either they are just shrugging it off and don't mind, or Reedus actually didn't reveal the next project and just loosely refers to it as Death Stranding 2, by which he means his next Kojima game. Or that's just a temporary 'code name.' So they don't mind Reedus calling it that.

In any case, whatever Kojima is doing next involves Norman Reedus returning. Whether that is actually Silent Hills or straightforwardly Death Stranding 2. It could be both if PT2 is Kojima doing a small project before his larger one. But I don't really see Kojima doing PT2 without also pitching a larger horror game and wanting to try and make good on the excitement fans had for Silent Hills, if not immediately his next project, then for something in the future.

For all we know, Norman himself might've been teasing us even earlier...
Jonipoon
Subway Guard

Post by Jonipoon »

I'm just tired of all the secrecy and teasing.
I EAT GALAXIES FOR BREAKFAST.
Droo

Post by Droo »

Disk Golem says he's not going to be a leader anymore (again): https://mobile.twitter.com/AestheticGam ... 6236269568
Lives in the mirror"
jdnation

Post by jdnation »

Looking at the old Kojima tweet with the girl, the layout on the floor suggests an indoor enclosed space with small rooms. And why have the room so dark? Usually mo-cap rooms are fully lit so that the cameras can capture the tracking markers on the suit. Atmospheric purposes?

https://mobile.twitter.com/HIDEO_KOJIMA ... 0218036231

On the other hand, if this is Death Stranding 2, the girl could be a grown up Louise, and there is speculation from concept art seen on Yoji Shinkawa's desk that suggest spaceships and going to outer space. Or this could just be one of Death Stranding's bunkers. There is also a baby doll leg in the corner of the photo. Plus all the boxes that are either for their equipment or are props as either boxes or make-shift walls/props.
Alexius Corvinus
Brookhaven Receptionist

Something isn’t adding up here. Last year and earlier this year, Kojima said he was working on a AAA project and a smaller, radical project. At one point, he contrasted the two, saying the smaller project isn’t mainstream and doesn’t focus on gunplay, implying the mainstream AAA game is some kind of shooting game. How does this even work? Death Stranding fits into neither category. I know Kojima could be deflecting to distract people from the leaks (betray your audience), but I don’t think Kojima would lie or have his friends flat out lie either.

So this rules Kojima Productions as a potential Silent Hill developer.

The only remaining studios I can see making the SH reboot for Sony are Koei Tecmo, Grasshopper Manufacture, Square Enix, Capcom, and Bokeh.

Edit: Found this:

https://twitter.com/Genki_JPN/status/14 ... _&ref_url=

Edit:
More accurate and literal translation on the AAA game statement is "A big AAA title that everyone will say that they want to play"
Last edited by Alexius Corvinus on 21 May 2022, edited 3 times in total.
Droo

Post by Droo »

"Everyone can enjoy" implies an all ages title, unless something has been lost in translation. That seems to rule out Silent Hill.
Lives in the mirror"
jdnation

Post by jdnation »

Well it could go either way. The smaller project without the shooting could be Silent Hill. Probably one of the short stories.

The big AAA project everyone wants to play doesn't rule out Silent Hill as there is a lot of hype and interest in a Silent Hill project, especially by him.

Assuming Death Stranding 2, it could be a radical departure or a spiritual follow-up with a very different style of gameplay. Which could mean shooting or even more straight up horror could be in.

KojiPro is still hiring for several positions.
https://mobile.twitter.com/user/status/ ... 6874755076

I don't think Kojima is referring to an 'all-ages' title. But rather something more normal according to market-tastes compared to the experimental delivery-sim Death Stranding. It may involve shooting, but not necessarily be a shooter, but a more action-oriented game that fits into an easily recognizable genre. So I think it is safe to say it'll still be rated M.
tbonesays
Hope House Careworker

Post by tbonesays »

Alexius Corvinus wrote: 18 May 2022
leftshoe18 wrote: 18 May 2022

Thanks much, and I can see this not changing their plans.

Notice how that actress doesn’t technically confirm or deny anything, and she’s hiding things behind acting in jest. She’s probably under strict NDAs.

I’m starting to think this was a controlled leak, and that something is happening soon. Notice how things were conveniently leaked just before E3 season.
I figured that it was a controlled leak from the four pictures that looked like a disc insert. I mean he just happened to find four pictures each presenting a theme from the game? Now!?
leftshoe18
Rosewater Park Attendant

Post by leftshoe18 »

> The only remaining studios I can see making the SH reboot for Sony are...Capcom

It would be so weird to see a Capcom logo at the beginning of a Silent Hill game. lol