What the 'f' stands for

It's true - a Silent Hill game from ryukishi07! Here's what we know so far...

Moderator: Moderators

Alexius Corvinus
Brookhaven Receptionist

Re: What the 'f' stands for

Post by Alexius Corvinus »

Related, the process of making the Silent Hill f trailer.

https://twitter.com/AestheticGamer1/sta ... 8511846401

https://cgworld.jp/article/202302-cgw294-shf.html

Note: Select the first option under Language (English).
jdnation
Historical Society Historian

Post by jdnation »

Nice stuff!

As I'd thought, the girl is confirmed not to be the game protagonist, and I'm guessing that like the nurses, she may be an enemy type. My feeling is because her design is too generic by itself to be a supporting cast member. Also the scarecrow girl with a sickle and the girl dragging a pipe suggest enemies.

Erosion and Fog are key visual themes aimed at beautiful horror. The trailer depicts actual events relevant in the game's narrative, so it's not just a conceptual visual demo, but is telling a part of the story. The time says June 1960, but the actual game could take place later.

The trailer was a separate company using UnReal 4. I think they may be handling other cutscene cinematics for the game.
BenoitKaa
Just Passing Through

Post by BenoitKaa »

If we were to ask AlexShepard, he would most definitely say the f stands for foreskin.

But in all seriousness, both forte and flower(s) are likely, the aesthetics of the teaser trailer seem to hint at that.
The Adversary
RESPECT

Post by The Adversary »

>If we were to ask AlexShepard, he would most definitely say the f stands for foreskin.<
I'm so glad I wasn't around for that.

It's probably a Reddit reference.

— ƒ

—— ƒ

——— ƒ

———— ƒ

————— ƒ

—————— ƒ

——————— ƒ
This post is the property of its author and is not to be used elsewhere without explicit permission from the author.

. . . AND THAT'S THAT.
Droo

Post by Droo »

The Adversary wrote: 10 Apr 2023 >If we were to ask AlexShepard, he would most definitely say the f stands for foreskin.<
I'm so glad I wasn't around for that.
This must have happened during my 2014-2019 hiatus from the fandom. I don't recall this at all.
"Oh yeah, I've been here before
I can see it with eyes closed
Shadows that look like blood
Dead as far as the mind goes
Fear that comes from my head
Lives in the mirror"
NanayaShiki
SHH Cult & SHHF Moderator
SHH Cult & SHHF Moderator

Post by NanayaShiki »

Y'all don't know about The Foreskin Incident? It's a reference to the SH Wiki. Admin went crazy and rewrote like every article to make everything in all of the games about circumcision. Was probably like 8 to 10 years ago or something at this point, yeah. A good example of why you can't always trust wikis.
The Adversary
RESPECT

Post by The Adversary »

This post is the property of its author and is not to be used elsewhere without explicit permission from the author.

. . . AND THAT'S THAT.
Vixx
Founder & Administrator
Founder & Administrator

Post by Vixx »

Run for it, Droo - this rabbit hole goes to a bad, BAD place!! 😂
V xx

© 2003-2024 Vixx. The contents of this post may only be used within the boundaries of silenthillforum.com. Any usage outside of the aforementioned forum is strictly prohibited. No, I can't believe this place is still up and running, either.
DinoNerd89
Just Passing Through

Post by DinoNerd89 »

Silent Hill: Fartknocker. Its actually going to be set in Highland Tx, with 2 protagonists. :roll:
Chris Sunderland

Post by Chris Sunderland »

This era of the fandom was truly a dark age my God. Dude went all in on circumcision. Fun fact, if someone starts blaming satanic cults it's probably someone who's losing/lost their mental health completely.
[img]http://i35.tinypic.com/2iqehhj.jpg[/img]
jdnation

Post by jdnation »

Hmmm, weird... I recall some circumcision rumor was going around regarding a once "taboo" project that Hideo Kojima said he was pitching back within Konami before working on MGSV, but that didn't receive approval. Kojima in no way said anything relating to what it actually was outside of that word, so it was obviously just some fan-troll wankery, but it's weird to see this sort of thing crop up again. Feels like a meme...