How Much of the Music Will Be Remade?

It's true: Bloober Team is remaking Silent Hill 2. Talk about it in here to keep Remake talk separate from the original!

Moderator: Moderators

WhiteHarbor
Just Passing Through

Re: How Much of the Music Will Be Remade?

Post by WhiteHarbor »

I have to be honest I hated the Silent Hill to voice acting in the HD collection. I love the original actors, hammy as they might be. I thought the new actor for James did a very good job in the trailer
Formerly known as MrCaliche
Writer of Silent Hill: Memories of Age
Now publishing a horror serial per chapters named "White Harbor" inspired by Silent Hill, HP Lovecraft and Stephen King: https://www.patreon.com/WhiteHarbor
Avith
Just Passing Through

Post by Avith »

As much as I love Akira's music, I don't like the idea of him remaking the soundtrack. SH2 music is timeless.

I don't doubt that Akira will be able to make new amazing music, but I would rather see him making it for the real next SH, and not to make Theme of Laura remake, White Noiz remake, Betrayal remake, or anything new that replaces the music... there is nothing to be changed on them, they are what they were and are perfectly fine.
WaffleMaker
Just Passing Through

Post by WaffleMaker »

leftshoe18 wrote: 21 Oct 2022 I honestly prefer most of the HD Collection voices for SH2. I really don't think the stilted acting was a creative choice like so many people think it was since it was about on par with other video game voice acting in 2001.

SH3 on the other hand is more of a mixed bag (which I think is just a result of the original SH3 having much better voice acting than the original SH2).
You have great taste. SH2 Horgan was the standout performance in the original cast, but the HD voices are superior in every other way. And no slight to McGlynn. She did an amazing job too.
“Procrastination is an invitation to death.” Rheaunalt Lensenbrink
Vixx
Founder & Administrator
Founder & Administrator

Post by Vixx »

leftshoe18 wrote: 21 Oct 2022 I really don't think the stilted acting was a creative choice like so many people think it was since it was about on par with other video game voice acting in 2001.
Same (Monica Taylor Horgan aside, bc she is GODDESS).
V xx

© 2003-2024 Vixx. The contents of this post may only be used within the boundaries of silenthillforum.com. Any usage outside of the aforementioned forum is strictly prohibited. No, I can't believe this place is still up and running, either.
Jonipoon
Subway Guard

Post by Jonipoon »

Voice acting in video games have come a long way since the 2000s, but sometimes I do miss characters being voiced by lesser known individuals rather than big professional names.
I EAT GALAXIES FOR BREAKFAST.
Droo

Post by Droo »

Jonipoon wrote: 25 Oct 2022 Voice acting in video games have come a long way since the 2000s, but sometimes I do miss characters being voiced by lesser known individuals rather than big professional names.
Same. I tire of hearing Troy Baker, Jennifer Hale, Laura Bailey, Nolan North etc. in absolutely EVERYTHING.
"Oh yeah, I've been here before
I can see it with eyes closed
Shadows that look like blood
Dead as far as the mind goes
Fear that comes from my head
Lives in the mirror"
Vixx
Founder & Administrator
Founder & Administrator

Post by Vixx »

Droo wrote: 25 Oct 2022
Same. I tire of hearing Troy Baker, Jennifer Hale, Laura Bailey, Nolan North etc. in absolutely EVERYTHING.
I think they're household names for a reason - they really elevated voice performance quality - but yes, there are other worthy voice artists, too, if they're able to get a look in!
V xx

© 2003-2024 Vixx. The contents of this post may only be used within the boundaries of silenthillforum.com. Any usage outside of the aforementioned forum is strictly prohibited. No, I can't believe this place is still up and running, either.
tizerist
Just Passing Through

Post by tizerist »

All of the piano based tracks can go. Its a great opportunity to make the game darker and more terrifying. The ambient music shouldnt really be tampered with, as that was the soul of the whole iconic experience.
Droo

Post by Droo »

tizerist wrote: 28 Oct 2022 All of the piano based tracks can go. Its a great opportunity to make the game darker and more terrifying. The ambient music shouldnt really be tampered with, as that was the soul of the whole iconic experience.
The (excellent) rework of Magdalene in the reveal trailer indicates piano isn't going anywhere for the soundtrack.
"Oh yeah, I've been here before
I can see it with eyes closed
Shadows that look like blood
Dead as far as the mind goes
Fear that comes from my head
Lives in the mirror"
jthomp1286
SHH Cult Subscriber
SHH Cult Subscriber

Post by jthomp1286 »

Droo wrote: 28 Oct 2022 The (excellent) rework of Magdalene in the reveal trailer indicates piano isn't going anywhere for the soundtrack.
I'm happy about this, honestly. I don't think that the original music somehow makes the game less scary. I think it's great the way it is. In my mind, they should gently tweak it. Also, obviously, not a horror game, but look at Breath of the Wild. So much of its soundtrack is on piano and it's fantastic.
Under the burning sun I take a look around
Imagine if this all came down
jdnation
Historical Society Historian

Post by jdnation »

It seems that the remake soundtrack was accidentally briefly streaming online before being taken down?
https://www.reddit.com/r/silenthill/com ... ?rdt=56210

Update: It was fake.
https://imgur.com/a/DyP4kUp