Quietly Canceled?

???

Moderator: Moderators

Droo

Quietly Canceled?

Post by Droo »

So we are now into April 2023. When this was announced I was under the impression it would be coming early 2023.

We haven't heard a peep about it in a while now, and it hasn't been referenced by Konami's social media accounts the way they have brought up 2Remake, Townfall and F. I wonder if this is still on track for release soon or perhaps the muted response to it has caused some reconsideration of the project?

Thoughts?
"Oh yeah, I've been here before
I can see it with eyes closed
Shadows that look like blood
Dead as far as the mind goes
Fear that comes from my head
Lives in the mirror"
Vixx
Founder & Administrator
Founder & Administrator

Re: Quietly Canceled?

Post by Vixx »

Had sincerely forgotten all about it!

Doubt it's been cancelled without a formal notice; definitely seems to have been delayed, tho!?
V xx

© 2003-2024 Vixx. The contents of this post may only be used within the boundaries of silenthillforum.com. Any usage outside of the aforementioned forum is strictly prohibited. No, I can't believe this place is still up and running, either.
leftshoe18
Rosewater Park Attendant

Post by leftshoe18 »

I kind of hope it hasn't been canceled. I would hate for that Silent Hill presentation to have a canceled project before we even see one release from it.
Leo Ho Tep
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by Leo Ho Tep »

I don't think they would have put it during the Transmussion if they weren't sure to release it sooner or later.

For instance, for all we know, the short message might never see the light if the day but it wasn't announced during the transmission, which was supposed to be the case.
jdnation
Historical Society Historian

Post by jdnation »

For all we know, it is probably Bad Robot making the call on whether to reveal more or delay it etc. Most likely it is scheduled for later in the year - probably a Halloween October launch at the earliest.

A GAAS title like this doesn't really work with too much teasing in advance. It's the kind of game you want to launch and then put all your marketing behind from Day 1 so that everyone starts playing it ASAP through a big immediate surge of interest. I expect the next time we see it it'll be releasing very soon if not a surprise drop announcement of - Available Now!