How do you fight...? SH4 PC

Henry's locked in his apartment and can't get out. Bless.

Moderator: Moderators

SilentDreams769
Just Passing Through

How do you fight...? SH4 PC

Post by SilentDreams769 »

Okay, I am an avid lover of Silent Hill games. Have been for years. I just recently got copies of SH2, 3 and 4 for the PC and have been playing them on my new laptop. The only problem is, on 4 I cannot for the life of me figure out how to attack. I've looked at the control options and button configurations and it says B is to ready your weapon. So those dogs come out of the bathroom the first time in the subway world, I hit B and move around ready to swing... and Henry starts... walking... w...t...f...?

It says to hit either T or Y to bring up your items (can't remember which) and I blatently see the steel pipe in my inventory, but Henry just can't wield it and use it.
So... am I missing something?? Is there a certain way I'm supposed to be hitting B to use my weapon? There's no status or inventory screen like the other SH's so it's not like you can just equip it. Someone please help!!
Sake
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by Sake »

You can just equip it. Just highlight the Steel Pipe and you should be able to equip it by pressing a certain key. Also, B is just to prepare the weapon you're holding to be swung, not to actually swing the weapon. You should try to just hold B and press each key to see which one is used to swing once you equip a weapon.
mattseffect
Just Passing Through

Post by mattseffect »

I use a 360 wired controller hooked up to my PC via USB and I just map out the controls I like in the options before I start.
tetora
Just Passing Through

Post by tetora »

lol in here :mrgreen:

playing SH4 in a laptop's crappy! all the keyboard keys are whack; you'll only strain your fingers attacking the monsters :P

i suggest using a mouse. rclick's for the "prepare weapon", wheel's for item scrolling and wheel-clicks for using the item, lclick's for "action"
LexBerio
Just Passing Through

Re: How do you fight...? SH4 PC

Post by LexBerio »

This problem happens in many laptops, there's no way yo prepare your weapon ( "B" button or right click) because your keyboard is mistaking the b button with another action.
The only way to fix it is to configure again all of the control actions and buttons, or also using a regular pc keyboard or a psp or 360 controler. (or getting a new pc).