What would happen if Henry didn't bother doing anything?

Henry's locked in his apartment and can't get out. Bless.

Moderator: Moderators

Raider Man

Post by Raider Man »

Quotes:
Walter wanted Henry to be at the bedroom all the time, you get the point...

he was doing just as Walter wanted.

Are these related to each other?! Miss Krist?!

No. Reading comprehension would help you out here, as I basically agreed with part of what he said.
Not until if your comprehension make sense...

AuraTwilight wrote:Basically, Walter tricked Henry. No matter what Henry does, he'll do what Walter wants. There's no way for him to win.
And what about the good endings?!
AuraTwilight
Historical Society Historian

Post by AuraTwilight »

Obviously, that wasn't part of what Walter planned. I'm speaking from Walter's point of view, here. He tells Henry not to leave, then opens the holes. Either A) Henry stays put, in which case he's a sitting duck for Walter to kill whenever he wants, or B) Henry leaves, making himself vulnerable, and collecting knowledge that makes him a better sacrifice, where Walter wins. Walter didn't plan for the third option, C) Henry gathers knowledge that will allow Henry to stop Walter, kill him, and wreck his plans.
[quote="BlackFire2"]I thought he meant the special powers of her vagina.[/quote]
Raider Man

Post by Raider Man »

AuraTwilight wrote:Obviously, that wasn't part of what Walter planned. I'm speaking from Walter's point of view, here. He tells Henry not to leave, then opens the holes. Either A) Henry stays put, in which case he's a sitting duck for Walter to kill whenever he wants, or B) Henry leaves, making himself vulnerable, and collecting knowledge that makes him a better sacrifice, where Walter wins. Walter didn't plan for the third option, C) Henry gathers knowledge that will allow Henry to stop Walter, kill him, and wreck his plans.
Thanks for the information.
NothingLikeSleep

Post by NothingLikeSleep »

i wonder where Henry is today in gameland :(
carneeval
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by carneeval »

Mephisto your post was the greatest thing I've heard today XD
[img]http://i202.photobucket.com/albums/aa187/animefairyofdarkness/o0p1cpjpgcopy.jpg[/img]
Most people say Henry's a pervert because of looking through the peephole to Eileen's room, but here's the thing: Your not required to do that, it's the players choice.
So whose the pervert now :P?

((Apparently you can OD on Green Tea...And it's painful.))
Aric - The Reaper
Gravedigger

Post by Aric - The Reaper »

Thanks Resto. Good humor makes even Henry smile. lol
Lost within this town, Silent Hill. It is cursed...much like me. This letter... this feeling.... What darkness lies within my heart? - Silent Hill 6: Reaper - By A.R.
xanyleon
Just Passing Through

Without foood, tummy numb numb

Post by xanyleon »

BurningWitch wrote:I was always curious as to why he didn't break the window.

Other than that, if he didn't do something he would have starved to death. All he had was a bottle of wine and some chocolate milk.

Wasn't he locked in there for five days before the hole even appeared in his bathroom?

That's kind of a long time to go without food.
I noticed that if you try to cook something he says that he is not hungry, like is stomach is numb.
It's abit like 1408 (sorry if I'm spoiling the story but it's important to this question) where once in the room you can live forever but at the price that it will be forever in pain.
I AM THE SANDWICH!!!
Aric - The Reaper
Gravedigger

Poor Henry, be funny if he cooked the (spoilers) the cat in the fridge.
Lost within this town, Silent Hill. It is cursed...much like me. This letter... this feeling.... What darkness lies within my heart? - Silent Hill 6: Reaper - By A.R.
Eddie_gun_blaster
Just Passing Through

Post by Eddie_gun_blaster »

i think its quite obvious why henry entered that hole. Come on, if you were in that situation, you would prefer to stay there doing nothing waiting for your death (or worse, live forever in pain), or you would try a way of escape, even if that would mean your death?
I always though that way in all of Silent Hill, many people feel surprised for James in SH2 jumping in all that holes, think, you are all fucked up, have nowhere to go, so why don't try a new passage that opens to you? you have no choice
Killing a person ain't no big deal! Just put the gun in their head, POW
Aric - The Reaper
Gravedigger

That's true too, but I often wonder why James never got hurt falling that far. But maybe Silent Hill was preventing him from suffering till he meets his fears and reason
simeonalo

Re: What would happen if Henry didn't bother doing anything?

Post by simeonalo »

larry_lovage69 wrote:I was thinking about Silent Hill 4 last night while trying to make some Silent Hill Style terrain for heroscape. I got to thinking. What if Henry did not do anyhting about the weird events of his apartment? That is what if he didn't crawl down the hole in the wall? would the room just slowly kill him? Also why not just use to metal pipe and break the window or the chains holding the door. (It is only wood after all). Just a thought and curious what everyone else thought.

Mod edit: Your subject was changed as it was needlessly obscure.
Death, a.k.a K.O.
Aric - The Reaper
Gravedigger

I thought the same thing about that, Henry's thoughts were prolly not in order hence him only looking at things and not putting them together.
Mephisto

Post by Mephisto »

>That's true too, but I often wonder why James never got hurt falling that far. But maybe Silent Hill was preventing him from suffering till he meets his fears and reason

Or maybe James was jumping inside the holes of his own dirty mind? Different from the others James don't really "fight" the forces of the town, he does, but he fight against his mind way more.
SH3girl32
Gravedigger

Post by SH3girl32 »

Ya know, it's kinda funny cuz Henry doesn't really do anything anyways. He just sees everyone getting killed. I know there's a reason...I'm just saying. I doubt he could survive in the apartment with no food. He'd go crazy just like Joseph apparently did.
Aric - The Reaper
Gravedigger

I heard another theory that the holes represented the darkness in his heart and everytime he jumped in, the more darker he became. James that is.
k0n0k0
Just Passing Through

Post by k0n0k0 »

Stare to death. He only have a milk bottle in the fridge! (as far as I can remember...)
carneeval
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by carneeval »

k0n0k0 wrote:Stare to death. He only have a milk bottle in the fridge! (as far as I can remember...)
We've actually already discussed that ^^ Henry says that it feels like his body is frozen, and plus what use is he to Walter if that would occur? In His world He makes the rules, so Henry can't die unless his duties as a Sacrament are done
Mephisto

Post by Mephisto »

I can't understand how Cynthia didn't died when she talked face to face with Henry, I mean the guy don't even brush his teeth, just imagine the smell of his mouth. . . Maybe that's why he don't like to talk much I guess.
AuraTwilight

Post by AuraTwilight »

Most people can't smell in their dreams.
[quote="BlackFire2"]I thought he meant the special powers of her vagina.[/quote]
carneeval
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by carneeval »

To bad we can feel...
[img]http://i202.photobucket.com/albums/aa187/animefairyofdarkness/o0p1cpjpgcopy.jpg[/img]
Most people say Henry's a pervert because of looking through the peephole to Eileen's room, but here's the thing: Your not required to do that, it's the players choice.
So whose the pervert now :P?

((Apparently you can OD on Green Tea...And it's painful.))