Could Cynthia be pregnant?

Henry's locked in his apartment and can't get out. Bless.

Moderator: Moderators

mikefile
Gravedigger

Re: Could Cynthia be pregnant?

Post by mikefile »

AuraTwilight wrote:Uh...there were two more Hearts after Billy and Miriam.
Crap, I always forget about Er and Willy since Billy and Miriam were the cause of his guilt, that is then-his suicide.
AuraTwilight wrote:And even if such is that case, since the ritual is already underway, Walter still probably holds the authority to judge. He chose the victims ANYWAY, but Valtiel was basically going "Yup, that's legit."
I know. I always believed Walter was the big man behind the 21 Sacraments selection. Valtiel was basically just a starting push.
The Adversary
RESPECT

Post by The Adversary »

Personally, I believe Miriam and Billy, while numbered seven and eight, were killed last.
This post is the property of its author and is not to be used elsewhere without explicit permission from the author.

. . . AND THAT'S THAT.
mikefile
Gravedigger

Post by mikefile »

I know. It would make more sense.

Firstly, Walter got arrested for the murder of the twins, says the Article about the murder incident (SH2). There's no indication of the investigation duration and I'm not sure if Walter could have murdered two more guys before getting arrested, though I also think that the way the boy and girl were handled was a big mess, which led to the arrest.

Secondly, Billy and Miriam are the source of his true guilt. That's why he shoved a spoon in his neck. I don't think he would continue his killings immediately after such a feeling struck him.
The Adversary
RESPECT

Post by The Adversary »

My reasoning is simply because of location. Billy and Miriam were the only two of the Ten Hearts killed in Silent Hill, the metaphorical end of the road.

First, he killed Jimmy Stone (#1) and George Rosten (#6), both at Wish House outside of Silent Hill. Then he headed to Ashfield where he killed Bobby and Thane (#2 and #3) at the university. From there he headed further into the city to kill Steve (#4), Rick (#5), William (#9), and Eric (#10). All four of those murders in Ashfield appear to have occurred shortly after the other, within hours, considering in most instances a man (Walter) runs into the next shop to alert the next victim someone's been killed. Then he traveled to Silent Hill and killed Billy (#7) and Miriam (#8), where he was arrested.

*edited because I apparently forgot to mention the Locanes were killed in Silent Hill, not Ashfield.
Last edited by The Adversary on 24 Jul 2021, edited 1 time in total.
This post is the property of its author and is not to be used elsewhere without explicit permission from the author.

. . . AND THAT'S THAT.
Butcher Incarnate
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by Butcher Incarnate »

mikefile wrote:I know. It would make more sense.

Firstly, Walter got arrested for the murder of the twins, says the Article about the murder incident (SH2). There's no indication of the investigation duration and I'm not sure if Walter could have murdered two more guys before getting arrested, though I also think that the way the boy and girl were handled was a big mess, which led to the arrest.

Secondly, Billy and Miriam are the source of his true guilt. That's why he shoved a spoon in his neck. I don't think he would continue his killings immediately after such a feeling struck him.
He didn't stab him self cause of the guilt over killing the twins, he was sacrafice 11: Assumption.
When Death Comes, It Comes For All.
alone in the town
Historical Society Historian

Post by alone in the town »

Both of those are actually true.
Mephisto

Post by Mephisto »

Exactly. Walter commited suicide because of guilt/shame, whatever you want to call it, and because of the ritual.
Jonipoon
Subway Guard

Post by Jonipoon »

Old thread, but... I can't believe nobody has mentioned her obvious hangover as a more plausible cause for the nausea. When she dies, she even says "I think I drank too much last night."

Cynthia is obviously a party girl, so it makes sense for her to puke if she "drank too much last night" like she says,
I EAT GALAXIES FOR BREAKFAST.
Burning Man

Post by Burning Man »

Jonipoon wrote:Old thread, but... I can't believe nobody has mentioned her obvious hangover as a more plausible cause for the nausea. When she dies, she even says "I think I drank too much last night."

Cynthia is obviously a party girl, so it makes sense for her to puke if she "drank too much last night" like she says,
People usually wake up with a hangover and spend the rest of the day not feeling well and having to go to the restroom. But Cynthia was fine just moments ago.

The "I think I drank too much last night" comment was to explain to herself why she's having such a lucid dream. Cynthia wants to believe that she's dreaming and she'll wake up soon.

Cynthia seems to be the only other character that appears as a "mannequin" besides the one Walter was performing a ritual on in the hospital. (You know, the one that looks like Claudia.) Considering that Walter was digging into the mannequin's abdomen, I wonder if Cynthia's sudden pain was caused by something Walter could do.
The Adversary
RESPECT

Post by The Adversary »

>Old thread, but... I can't believe nobody has mentioned her obvious hangover as a more plausible cause for the nausea.<
I really always thought this was relatively obvious. It just seems like a clear conclusion.

>besides the one Walter was performing a ritual on in the hospital.<
A ritual? Seemed more like just mutilation, or even practice, which we already know he's pretty fond of doing.

Actually, re-watching the scene, it appears Walter is the one responsible for creating the patients. After Henry is forced out of the room he wakes up in, where Walter is mutilating "Claudia," you can go back in and there's a lone patient that attacks you. Meanwhile, the gurney on which Walter was operating is empty. Henry even comments on the gurney: "That guy. . . . What on earth was he doing here?" Seems like Walter revived it, so to speak.

*This was my 19,666th post.

. . . AND THAT'S THAT.
Droo

Post by Droo »

Where DID Walter go? He definitely didn't leave out the door behind Henry.
"Oh yeah, I've been here before
I can see it with eyes closed
Shadows that look like blood
Dead as far as the mind goes
Fear that comes from my head
Lives in the mirror"
The Adversary
RESPECT

Post by The Adversary »

Well, he manages to stalk Henry through the second portion of the game without actually following him. Just a regular mechanic.

And, if I’m not mistaken, doesn’t he sort of teleport in the final arena, with the armillary sphere?

. . . AND THAT'S THAT.
Jonipoon
Subway Guard

Post by Jonipoon »

He's a ghost, so he can basically walk through walls.

Anyway, here's another stupid theory: There's an Italian restaurant called Fuseli right around the corner of South Ashfield station. Perhaps Cynthia had some bad food there last night and now she's paying for it.
Burning Man

Post by Burning Man »

Jonipoon wrote:Anyway, here's another stupid theory: There's an Italian restaurant called Fuseli right around the corner of South Ashfield station. Perhaps Cynthia had some bad food there last night and now she's paying for it.
Nah. If you observe Cynthia, it's clear she's about to hurl, but not go "no. 2." Bad food from the previous night would already have traveled to the intestines.

It is, of course, in the realm of possibility that Cynthia pretended she needed to hurl, since admitting to a man, whom she feels is attractive, that she had to "take a dump," would be embarrassing.

The problem is that Henry enters the women's restroom afterwards, but doesn't mention a foul smell or anything like that. And, we know Henry is pretty sensitive to smell as we saw when he entered the room with Walter's corpse in Room 302.

And, if Cynthia had failed to do her business in the restroom prior, she would have at least passed gas as she was dying since her bodily functions would be shutting down. Imagine during the cutscene as Cynthia is delivering her monologue, there's a slight pause. As the realization hits Henry as to what just happened, he would want to make a quick exit as he pinches his nose for dear life.

That... doesn't happen, so we have to assume that Cynthia wasn't suffering from food poisoning.
© 2003-2022 Burning Man.
The contents of this post may only be used within the boundaries of www.silenthillforum.com.
Any usage outside of the aforementioned forum is strictly prohibited.
Jonipoon
Subway Guard

Post by Jonipoon »

^The bodily functions of people seem to be working different in Walter's world anyways. Henry has gone on for days without feeling hungry so god knows what's going on with people like Cynthia. I still think her being hangover is the most obvious explanation.

Walter's in control of his world, so he decides if something's going to release a foul smell or not.

And if it wasn't obvious, the Fuseli theory was just a joke.
The Adversary
RESPECT

Post by The Adversary »

Please tell me this discussion hasn’t devolved into “Cynthia had to take a shit.”

. . . AND THAT'S THAT.