Silent Hill 4: The Room has been rated for PC by PEGI

Henry's locked in his apartment and can't get out. Bless.

Moderator: Moderators

Vixx
Founder & Administrator
Founder & Administrator

Silent Hill 4: The Room has been rated for PC by PEGI

Post by Vixx »

Silent Hill 4: The Room has been rated for PC by PEGI https://pegi.info/search-pegi?q=Silent+ ... A+The+Room

Probably another
@GOGcom
release like Metal Gear, Metal Gear Solid, Metal Gear Solid 2: Substance, and Konami Collector's Series: Castlevania & Contra were last week

https://twitter.com/gematsucom/status/1 ... 77986?s=20
V xx

© 2003-2024 Vixx. The contents of this post may only be used within the boundaries of silenthillforum.com. Any usage outside of the aforementioned forum is strictly prohibited. No, I can't believe this place is still up and running, either.
saevitia
Woodside Apartments Janitor

Re: Silent Hill 4: The Room has been rated for PC by PEGI

Post by saevitia »

Just saw this news! It'll be nice to get people playing The Room again.
jdnation
Historical Society Historian

Post by jdnation »

It is up.
https://www.gog.com/game/silent_hill_4_the_room

Most likely 0rigins, Homecoming and Downpour are on the way too.

Don't know about Shattered memories, but no reason it couldn't be ported... and I mean the superior Wii version, not the PS2 downport.
leftshoe18
Rosewater Park Attendant

Post by leftshoe18 »

^ Why do you think Origins, Homecoming and Downpour are on the way? As far as I can tell Silent Hill 4 is the only one that was recently re-rated.
NanayaShiki
SHH Cult & SHHF Moderator
SHH Cult & SHHF Moderator

Post by NanayaShiki »

Just to clear up confusion this is not a new PC port of SH4. This is a rerelease of the original PC port, that's generally what GOG does. I wouldn't expect Origins, Shattered Memories, or Downpour to show up as those don't have PC releases. Homecoming might have a chance, as would 2 and 3 presumably. Wouldn't get my hopes up for any of them though. Especially since starting with 4 would be an odd choice if they had the potential to do 2 and 3.
jdnation
Historical Society Historian

Post by jdnation »

leftshoe18 wrote:^ Why do you think Origins, Homecoming and Downpour are on the way? As far as I can tell Silent Hill 4 is the only one that was recently re-rated.
I'm just presuming this based on Konami putting up the MGS ports as well as Castlevania collection and now SH4.

Granted these were all old PC ports, and it's likely 2 & 3 could be made available again too. Those ought to have come out first, but maybe there's some snag resulting in a delay, could even be something stupid - like considering wanting the new voices from the HD collection, or preferring to port the HD collection instead :P.

Homecoming is on Steam, and there's no reason not to bring it to GOG.
https://store.steampowered.com/app/1900 ... omecoming/

So I'm thinking given that Konami is now finally bothering to bring these back, that they are also looking to port the other titles too.

Climax is still around and making VR titles. So if they're looking for work and Konami is looking for something cheap, then porting 0rigins and maybe Shattered Memories could happen. It's an easy cash grab.

Unfortunately for Downpour, Vatra is no longer around, but Konami could still get someone else to port it.

Given we know that Konami is shopping around for new titles, it would help them to have the old ones accessible again. PC is the only viable platform to start with. And from there they could even port to Switch or PS4/Xbone.

Capcom has been making good money on ports and with bringing many of the games to Switch. The market is there, and Konami has certainly been taking note of what Capcom is doing.

If the Sony game rumors are true, then they'll also want to strike while the iron is hot if there's interest.