Scary?

Henry's locked in his apartment and can't get out. Bless.

Moderator: Moderators

Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

Hmm...that's weird. I'm a huge silent hill fan and I regarded this game so highly. This is the only horror game that I've EVER played that geniunely made me writhe in terror on a deep psychological level! I mean, to me at least...Henry's room is the scariest part of the game if it becomes haunted. Ghosts everywhere doing all sorts of stuff, as someone already mentioned above me. I admit, the ghost of that little kid hiding in the closet made me scream in terror and made me turn the game off, at least for a few minutes, so I could recoup. Now that I think about it...I've been scared of ghosts since I was a little kid, so that probably explains why this game scares me so much. :( Not to mention that Walter Sullivan and the 21 Sacrements! That guy had his serial killings disturbed me very much as well. When the victims turned into ghosts, I felt so shaken that I wanted to turn the game off, but I had the courage to finish and I'm glad I did! This was an excellent game in my opinion minus a couple of things like dialogue, which didn't even phase the overall effect of the game on me. I'm very pleased with all the silent hill games in the franchise to date.
butters
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by butters »

URGHHH! This is getting really annoying! I start to like the game and then it gets really boring for awhile because that guy is shooting you, and it's not scary but just very frustrating. For me this game is just really inconsistent.
Myrrh Macho Sehr Gacho
Allen
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by Allen »

Yeah, i hated the monsters in SH4. It was fustrating and the only scary parts were in the apartment like Dvd said. But i'm not usually scared because i'm ready to walk away and turn around when i go back to the apartment.
sparrow
Just Passing Through

Post by sparrow »

are you kidding me? i am traumatized LOL! haha. i cant even play it. my friend has to play it for me. lollol
no matter how rich you are, you will always
Trisephagon
Just Passing Through

Post by Trisephagon »

I praise Silent Hill 2 like it was a god (which it is. say otherwise and you die). I don't find it that horrible, because it's a bit scary (but in another way than 4) and fascinating at the same time.

About SH4. There is one thing I really, really hate in games (and also in real life). That is being chased. I seriously couldn't stand the ghosts of the subway station in SH4. I wonder if I ever will finish this game ;)
It's also very scary with the ghosts in your apartment.
[img]http://img399.imageshack.us/img399/2212/trisephsiggyfu2.jpg[/img]
[i]thanks for the sig milfy~[/i]
TleilaxuEyes
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by TleilaxuEyes »

Trisephagon wrote: About SH4. There is one thing I really, really hate in games (and also in real life). That is being chased.
Say what you will about those super-annoying ghosts, but being chased is SCARY! On subsequent playthroughs, the ghosts were just a pain in most places, but the first time around I (embarrassingly enough) thought they were a brilliant gameplay device.
PRIME_BBCODE_SPOILER_SHOW PRIME_BBCODE_SPOILER:
Especially Cynthia, who must have been one of the hardest enemies to deal with in the series.
So yes, it was pretty scary to me, being outnumbered by invincible enemies. Too bad the terror didn't really last.
I'm the kind of kid that can't let anything go
But you wouldn't know a good thing if it came up
And slit your throat.
-"My Heart is the Worst Kind of Weapon" by Fall Out Boy

Thanks for the avatar, ST3wolf!
TetraJuiz69
Just Passing Through

Post by TetraJuiz69 »

I think it's more of a disturbing game rather than drop dead scary, although the first part where Henry crawls through the newly discovered hole is very creepy. :)
http://www.freewebs.com/dinocrisisfan/