Walking with Maria in the Hospital...

James got a letter. From a dead person. Oh dear.

Moderator: Moderators

labyrinth
Just Passing Through

Walking with Maria in the Hospital...

Post by labyrinth »

I remember some posts on, I believe, this forum that said that if you walk around with maria in the hospital and go to a certain floor, she will act strange (suggesting she is not really as real as James is) I tried looking around for these posts with more information but could not find them. I thought someone had mentioned them in the topic concerning when mary had died, but couldnt find it there either. Im sorry this is so rather imprecise, but i really am curious how to cause these "events" to happen.

I tried last night to play through the hospital and see what everyone was referring to but cannot find anything strange about Maria when walking around with her in the normal or alternative hospitals. Could anyone care to to clarify this for me?

also, long time lurker, first time poster. hi everybody! :)
Aamon
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by Aamon »

I think it was mentioned in the very solid theory that Mary was hospitalised at Brookhaven Hospital. You have to take her to the hallway on the first floor in the alternate hospital. I think...
CursedxDoom
Woodside Apartments Janitor

Post by CursedxDoom »

Aamon wrote: I think it was mentioned in the very solid theory that Mary was hospitalised at Brookhaven Hospital. You have to take her to the hallway on the first floor in the alternate hospital. I think...
Correct. It happens right when you exit the elevator, so pay attention to what she does.

Here's the link to MMY's Mary stays at Brookhaven theory. It's a rather interesting read, and it should satiate any further curiosity you have on the subject.

Welcome to the forum, labyrinth. Enjoy reading around and discussing. :)
The Adversary
RESPECT

Post by The Adversary »

There's something on the first floor Maria doesn't want to be reminded of.
This post is the property of its author and is not to be used elsewhere without explicit permission from the author.

. . . AND THAT'S THAT.
angelofROOM302
Historical Society Historian

Post by angelofROOM302 »

:shock: Wow.
I'm so going to check this out!
If only I can get a non glitched version of Silent Hill 2 now. :(
crucifix

Post by crucifix »

all i remember is that she exits the elevator facing the wall. not a big deal.
no longer active. thanks for the memories.
RiceDaddy7
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by RiceDaddy7 »

Interesting. I'm going to play it tonight to see too.
labyrinth
Just Passing Through

Post by labyrinth »

yeah, all i noticed by myself playing it was that she faced the wall when you exit the elevators.... can we really make an assumption?
"my field is time"
RiceDaddy7
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by RiceDaddy7 »

I think you're supposed to take her to the room with the teddy bear.
angelofROOM302

Post by angelofROOM302 »

yeah, all i noticed by myself playing it was that she faced the wall when you exit the elevators.... can we really make an assumption?
Oh I remember that!!
What does that have to do with her being posessed.
Maybe it does happen in the teddy bear room!! :mrgreen:
I want to check it out!!
RedPyramidThing
Just Passing Through

Post by RedPyramidThing »

Wait a second... you mean to tell me that I've beaten Silent Hill 2 five seperate times and been coming to this forum for over 4 years and am just hearing about this now? Jeeze, looks like it's time to go for run number six...
Some fear death. Others pray for it.
RiceDaddy7
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by RiceDaddy7 »

RedPyramidThing wrote:Wait a second... you mean to tell me that I've beaten Silent Hill 2 five seperate times and been coming to this forum for over 4 years and am just hearing about this now? Jeeze, looks like it's time to go for run number six...
Don't feel alone in that regards. I must've beaten it a dozen times, and I didn't know about this. Then again, that's why we come to this forum, right?
silentlynx
Just Passing Through

Post by silentlynx »

Teddy bear? The one with the needles? I don't recall anything weird in that room...
The Adversary
RESPECT

Post by The Adversary »

There's nothing particular weird in said room might explain why.

After you relocate Maria in Brookhaven Hospital's [otherside], take her to the first floor. Something happened down there she doesn't want to see.
This post is the property of its author and is not to be used elsewhere without explicit permission from the author.

. . . AND THAT'S THAT.
ControlFreak
Subway Guard

Post by ControlFreak »

RedPyramidThing wrote:Wait a second... you mean to tell me that I've beaten Silent Hill 2 five seperate times and been coming to this forum for over 4 years and am just hearing about this now? Jeeze, looks like it's time to go for run number six...
Don't feel bad - this is the first I've heard of it too. :?

And yes, this obviously means I'll have to drop what I'm doing and replay it now.
Mis Krist.

Post by Mis Krist. »

It's more creepy and suggestive than anything else. In all other instances when James opens a door or steps out of an elevator or whatever, Maria's usually behind him and she'll turn to look at him, right? Well as crucifix said when you step off the elevator Maria is deliberately turned to face the corner of the wall, away from James. She doesn't move her position on her own, either, I think you have to move James forward and she'll eventually tag along. It's been a while since I played that, though.

Also as crucifix said, it isn't that big of a deal but it was quite interesting.
I'm not dead yet, dammit.
The Adversary
RESPECT

Post by The Adversary »

The inclusion seems too deliberate to not be "that big of a deal." If it happened in other locations, or only sometimes while coming off the elevator, I'd call it a glitch. That, however, isn't the case: She always faces the wall there, and only there.

. . . AND THAT'S THAT.
GrievousGarland

Post by GrievousGarland »

This thread gives me the creeps for some reason. :shock:
I'll need to check this out for myself.
Mis Krist.

Post by Mis Krist. »

MMY wrote:The inclusion seems too deliberate to not be "that big of a deal." If it happened in other locations, or only sometimes while coming off the elevator, I'd call it a glitch. That, however, isn't the case: She always faces the wall there, and only there.
It's not a big deal because it's not like OMG WTFFFFFFFFFFFFF; it's just enough to give you chills. That's what I meant by not a big deal--I think crucifix meant it in a similar way.
I'm not dead yet, dammit.
Mephisto

Post by Mephisto »

>This thread gives me the creeps for some reason. :shock:
You betcha, I heard some strange noises in my closet right now :?

Man, finished the game again yesterday and I was in the fucking hospital while I was playing... Damn I finished that game like 10 times and never saw this, must play again...