Bloober Team could develop more Silent Hill remakes

Everything we know - and don't know, I guess - about all those Silent Hill rumours.

Moderator: Moderators

jdnation
Historical Society Historian

Bloober Team could develop more Silent Hill remakes

Post by jdnation »

"During a recent interview with IGN at DICE Summit 2023, Piotr Babieno, the CEO of Bloober Team, revealed that Konami is interested in conversations with his studio about developing more Silent Hill remakes. While he didn’t confirm whether or not they will take on the task, Babieno revealed that he won’t discard the idea."

https://www.xfire.com/bloober-team-coul ... ll-remakes
Droo

Re: Bloober Team could develop more Silent Hill remakes

Post by Droo »

If SH2R is good, then yes please.

Start with 1.
"Oh yeah, I've been here before
I can see it with eyes closed
Shadows that look like blood
Dead as far as the mind goes
Fear that comes from my head
Lives in the mirror"
leftshoe18
Rosewater Park Attendant

Post by leftshoe18 »

I would be so down for more Silent Hill remakes.
jdnation

Post by jdnation »

Droo wrote: 23 Mar 2023Start with 1.
That's what Konami should do... But most likely they'll be looking at 3... And probably incorporating story parts of 1 into it... So there will be a remake of 1 inside of 3. This could be done in an interesting way by overlapping Harry and Heather's stories together, and swapping between protagonists at appropriate times, so we play Harry's bits in a more condensed fashion, up to the time Heather returns home to find him and learns her origin from Claudia. Then we continue on only as Heather.

But if there is one title I'm keen to redesign and remake, it's 4.
leftshoe18
Rosewater Park Attendant

Post by leftshoe18 »

I think Silent Hill 4 is definitely the game that needs a remake the most. It has some great ideas but overall the execution of those ideas is severely lacking at times.
The Adversary
RESPECT

Post by The Adversary »

If SILENT HILL 4: THE ROOM is ever remade, I'd appreciate it if they truncate the second half or change it entirely. Going through the same already tedious levels twice was exhausting. Surely there's a better way of doing it.

As for SILENT HILL, I really wouldn't want anything changed, besides updated graphics. And the inclusion of Valtiel. If it could be seen crawling around in the [otherside] hospital and Nowhere would be awesome.
This post is the property of its author and is not to be used elsewhere without explicit permission from the author.

. . . AND THAT'S THAT.
jdnation

Post by jdnation »

I didn't mind revisiting the same places over in 4. It works conceptually and thematically, but needs some kind of redesign to make it better.

Rather than having each place segmented, perhaps by having every location as one explorable open world-ish location in Walter's mind, (though you can lock areas until certain progress is made, so more wide-linear), and maybe by having the holes also be fast-travel points. The Room could also be a hub you need to go back to by design. Sorta like the Nexus in Demon's Souls versus heading back to explore a wide linear area.

The Apartment Building will of course have to remain more or less the same.
The Adversary
RESPECT

Post by The Adversary »

I really disliked repeating the same levels without much difference. It was exhausting, especially for someone who wants to examine everything, only to find little has changed.

I like that idea, though—that the Subway, Forest, Prison, and Building worlds are all interconnected, and going from one area in the Subway world will lead Henry to the Prison, then off to the Forest, as if it’s just one dream world falling apart on itself, as dreams often are.

Like Nowhere in SILENT HILL, an amalgamation of key locations Harry finds himself stuck in, and part of the puzzle is finding his way back into the apartments so he can ultimately meet Joseph.
This post is the property of its author and is not to be used elsewhere without explicit permission from the author.

. . . AND THAT'S THAT.
leftshoe18
Rosewater Park Attendant

Post by leftshoe18 »

> I really disliked repeating the same levels without much difference.

I think this could be alleviated with some redesigning of the levels. Make each level more expansive and have the player only explore about half the level in each trip to it.
Jonipoon
Subway Guard

Post by Jonipoon »

I'd wait until we get to play this remake first before entrusting them with more Silent Hill projects, especially something like the first Silent Hill which has a much more complicated story with multiple layers of intricate lore.

I could see Bloober Team remaking Silent Hill 3, though, which has a very straight-forward and simple story that's hard to not get right.
I EAT GALAXIES FOR BREAKFAST.
Leo Ho Tep
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by Leo Ho Tep »

It would be a mistake, I, to remake 3 before 1. I can't really see 3 working as a story without 1. You wouldn't get the emotional gut punch of discovering Harry's body.
jdnation

Post by jdnation »

The Adversary wrote: 03 Apr 2023I like that idea, though—that the Subway, Forest, Prison, and Building worlds are all interconnected, and going from one area in the Subway world will lead Henry to the Prison, then off to the Forest, as if it’s just one dream world falling apart on itself, as dreams often are.

Like Nowhere in SILENT HILL, an amalgamation of key locations Harry finds himself stuck in, and part of the puzzle is finding his way back into the apartments so he can ultimately meet Joseph.
Yeah! That's the idea. A reconceptualization of the levels as they exist in Walter's mind.

Much like the circular spiraling long stairways, some kind of wide-scale circular-shaped map that is interconnected and multilayered.
DinoNerd89
Just Passing Through

Post by DinoNerd89 »

Droo wrote: 23 Mar 2023 If SH2R is good, then yes please.

Start with 1.
Yes please. As much as I love the original game, i would sooooooo love to see the otherworld in HD, with modern effects. 🤤🤤🤤🤤
DinoNerd89
Just Passing Through

Post by DinoNerd89 »

I would also like to add, i sold my copies of the games several years ago when i needed quick cash, before the prices shot into the stratosphere. I loathe myself immensely, every time i think about it, and i regret ever selling them. :oops:

A big part of me is hoping Remake/Remaster ports to modern consoles, brings the game "values" back to Earth, so i can add the originals to my collection again.
Droo

Post by Droo »

The only way I will lose possession of my copies of the original games is pried out of my cold dead hands.
"Oh yeah, I've been here before
I can see it with eyes closed
Shadows that look like blood
Dead as far as the mind goes
Fear that comes from my head
Lives in the mirror"
DinoNerd89
Just Passing Through

Post by DinoNerd89 »

Droo wrote: 28 Aug 2023 The only way I will lose possession of my copies of the original games is pried out of my cold dead hands.
You are a much smarter person then i am.... lol :lol:
The Adversary
RESPECT

Post by The Adversary »

I really, really wish I just knew what happened to my copies. They've apparently just vanished.

. . . AND THAT'S THAT.