Dead Guy at the ENd of Nathan Ave.?

James got a letter. From a dead person. Oh dear.

Moderator: Moderators

Cloud
Just Passing Through

Dead Guy at the ENd of Nathan Ave.?

Post by Cloud »

Hi!
I have 4 Questions:

1) The Guy you can find at the end of Nathan Ave. where the Bridge is broken, he has a map but why? There are just a X and a O drawn on the parking and the Bowling Center.
Is this just another Guy who make signs on his map and died?

2) Did Walter see PH too? Because on the artikel it says that he has sayed it was the red Devil. And when you first see PH in the Apartment and put the Lamp off, PH shines red.

3) Why get Angela and Eddie so crazy after you left them in the apartment/bowling center?
Eddie seens "normal" in the bowling center but then in the prison he is not anymore...

4) After James leave the Hospital, is he really in the Otherworld or is this the normal World just at dark. Because if you go in the Bowling Center again it lookes normal!
Enika
SHH Staff Writer

Post by Enika »

I'm not entirely sure about 1 & 3, but...

2) I don't believe it was Pyramid Head that he saw.

4) I've seen a couple theories, one that it's the normal world, one that James doesn't leave the Otherworld until the end (because of the confusing geometry at the Historical Society)...

I'm sure one of the SH gurus can answer this better than me :?
Burning Man
Historical Society Historian

Re: Dead Guy at the ENd of Nathan Ave.?

Post by Burning Man »

Cloud wrote:1) The Guy you can find at the end of Nathan Ave. where the Bridge is broken, he has a map but why? There are just a X and a O drawn on the parking and the Bowling Center.
There are several theories on this, but you can think of him as the guy who left the note that he'll be waiting at Bar Neely's at the trailer. The actual identity of this person, however, remains a mystery.
2) Did Walter see PH too? Because on the artikel it says that he has sayed it was the red Devil. And when you first see PH in the Apartment and put the Lamp off, PH shines red.
Walter saw something else, according to Lost Memories, but James thinks Walter is talking about the same thing.
3) Why get Angela and Eddie so crazy after you left them in the apartment/bowling center?
Eddie seens "normal" in the bowling center but then in the prison he is not anymore...
The state of the town that James finds them in is the key. Angela and Eddie seem normal when James finds them in the foggy world, a little batty in the night world, and pretty much gone in their own otherworlds.
4) After James leave the Hospital, is he really in the Otherworld or is this the normal World just at dark. Because if you go in the Bowling Center again it lookes normal!
Night world. The artifacts to the Resurrection of the Dead ceremony is acquired in each world.
© 2003-2022 Burning Man.
The contents of this post may only be used within the boundaries of www.silenthillforum.com.
Any usage outside of the aforementioned forum is strictly prohibited.
Deadbolt
Just Passing Through

Post by Deadbolt »

1) The Guy you can find at the end of Nathan Ave. where the Bridge is broken, he has a map but why? There are just a X and a O drawn on the parking and the Bowling Center.
Keep in mind the person might not necessarily be real. James' mind, influencing the Otherworld, could've just manifested the corpse and map because he needed a lead.
Returbuliz
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by Returbuliz »

^Yes.
And actually there's been some discussion about some corpses being dressed as James, & some even dressed in the same colour, in other threads.
As Burning Man said, there are several theories about the guy at Nathan avenue, however we can assume that he's the same guy leaving a note at the motorhome.
Not dead which eternal lie, stranger eons death may die
Bishop Sasarai

Post by Bishop Sasarai »

"In relation to [animals], all people are Nazis; for the animals, it is an eternal Treblinka." - Isaac Bashevis Singer
--
Proud member of the Asiatic hordes. SEANZ.
SyphonFilter1987

Post by SyphonFilter1987 »

James never even mentions Walter while reading that magazine. We don't know what James was thinking.
Mephisto

Post by Mephisto »

Walter's "Red Devil" was probably Jimmy Stone, leader of the Valtiel sect.
It has nothing to do with Pyramid Head.

>After James leave the Hospital, is he really in the Otherworld or is this the normal World just at dark. Because if you go in the Bowling Center again it lookes normal!

I assumed that he was in the Otherworld and only got out of it before entering the Meat locker. Then he goes back to the Otherworld after watching the tape. I know I'm wrong, but whatever.
simeonalo

Post by simeonalo »

Cloud wrote:Hi!
I have 4 Questions:

for the 4rth question, the world in this area is called the "dark world". It is the stretch between the fog world transitioning to the otherworld.

An example:

When Harry goes into the alleyway in SH1, everything turns all dark but it isnt the otherworld yet, because the blood/rust hasnt appeared. When he sees the dead body handing, the otherworld transitions and the grey child appears.

it was duscussed in this one interview, i forgot where it is.
Deadbolt
Just Passing Through

Post by Deadbolt »

When Harry goes into the alleyway in SH1, everything turns all dark but it isnt the otherworld yet, because the blood/rust hasnt appeared. When he sees the dead body handing, the otherworld transitions and the grey child appears.

Actually, that is an Otherworld shift as soon as you enter the alleyway, what with the wheelchairs and all that stuff. A better example would be after solving the Woodman/Lion/Scarecrow puzzle and everything turns night time when you exit the guy's house.
Ryoshockwave
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by Ryoshockwave »

Yeah, I don't think Walter saw P-Head but if you think about it, most of the characters who visit Silent Hill have there own personal monster (pyramid head, Valtiel, the thing from origins, etc.) Perhaps Walter was being followed by something -similar- to Pyramid Head? And many monsters in SH are a red/brown color, although they do often refer to Pyramid Head as "That red pyramid thing", so I can easily see why people think Walter also saw P-Head.
Another common theory about his existence in general is that he follows people who have (guilt from having) killed someone (whether or not they remember it). This makes sense in the case of James, Alex, and possibly Walter. I don't really mind this theory because it still makes the movie's Pyramid Head seem completely out-of-place (proving once again that the movie fails).

As for this dark world, I don't even know if it deserves to be considered as a separate world... to me it's like going from day to night- but it happens quickly in some cases- so it's not like a natural passing of time. Still, to call it a separate world? In the case of SH2 in particular, I always assumed that it was just night time at that point of the game.
I haven't played it in a while, but you go from the hospital to get the items from the park and then to the historical society, where you are underground until you come out at the docks, correct? By that time, it could simply be morning of the next day.
Last edited by Ryoshockwave on 18 Oct 2009, edited 1 time in total.
simeonalo

Post by simeonalo »

Cloud wrote:Hi!
there was a theory somewhere on another site about it being a "dark world". like in the alley-way in sh1, it goes from foggy to dark, when its dark the otherworldly things havent happened yet until you reach the end of the alley.

but then again, I could be wrong.
carneeval
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by carneeval »

2)Jimmy Stone was called the Red Devil, he could also be referencing the Vatiel in my opinion but it delves more deeper into that in SH4. I don't think it was Pyramid Head, but it is in fact possible that was their original direction before 4 was developed.
3) Also opinionated: Silent Hill seems to have a theme of judgement during it, Eddie and Angela were there for their own reasons and everyone seems to take it differentially, as you can get different endings for James depending how you treat him or do things.
[img]http://i202.photobucket.com/albums/aa187/animefairyofdarkness/o0p1cpjpgcopy.jpg[/img]
Most people say Henry's a pervert because of looking through the peephole to Eileen's room, but here's the thing: Your not required to do that, it's the players choice.
So whose the pervert now :P?

((Apparently you can OD on Green Tea...And it's painful.))
Sergiy
Hope House Careworker

Post by Sergiy »

I can say that Walter/Angela/Eddie all have sinned, they all recieve different punishments according to their crimes.

Now this is just something i assume could be right, been thinking about it for a while.
Warning spoilers:

When James kills eddie he can see Angela's fire when near her, that's because he killed in self defence? as did Angela. Then the 2 pyramids, one for each kill james had,
Yet there are 3 pyramids in total, im not sure who or what is the third.
AuraTwilight

Post by AuraTwilight »

Where are you getting "3 pyramids" from?
[quote="BlackFire2"]I thought he meant the special powers of her vagina.[/quote]
Lemex
Gravedigger

Post by Lemex »

I always thought of him as someone who just was unlucky enough to get trapped in the Silent Hill world. If he even has an identity, or just something to lead players to another part of the town, is open to interpretation, but I don't think there is anything special about him.
Sergiy
Hope House Careworker

Post by Sergiy »

AuraTwilight wrote:Where are you getting "3 pyramids" from?
3 pyramids standing, when james looks up, the one in the middle stabs maria, and the other 2 get down to fight.

EDIT: Oh god.. stupid mistake, nevermind there were 2. when one come closer to stab maria it kind of looks like it's coming from somewhere else.
carneeval
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by carneeval »

Sergiy wrote:I can say that Walter/Angela/Eddie all have sinned, they all recieve different punishments according to their crimes.

Now this is just something i assume could be right, been thinking about it for a while.
Warning spoilers:

When James kills eddie he can see Angela's fire when near her, that's because he killed in self defence? as did Angela. Then the 2 pyramids, one for each kill james had,
Yet there are 3 pyramids in total, im not sure who or what is the third.
Erm... Might I ask how Angela sinned? There were crimes against her and yes she abused herself but she didn't really commit anything but she did believe that she did a crime due to what her mother said.
cascade88

Post by cascade88 »

Sergiy wrote:Erm... Might I ask how Angela sinned? There were crimes against her and yes she abused herself but she didn't really commit anything but she did believe that she did a crime due to what her mother said.
PRIME_BBCODE_SPOILER_SHOW PRIME_BBCODE_SPOILER:
She killed her father. He may or may not have had it coming, but it's still murder/still a sin.
єเภ ןє๔єг єภﻮєl เรt รςђгєςкlเςђ
simeonalo

Post by simeonalo »

Deadbolt wrote:

Actually, that is an Otherworld shift as soon as you enter the alleyway, what with the wheelchairs and all that stuff. A better example would be after solving the Woodman/Lion/Scarecrow puzzle and everything turns night time when you exit the guy's house.
Well, there are lots of theories on that kind of shift on other sites I contribute too